Serie A Round 6: Derbi d'Italia (R)

Discussion in 'Inter Milan' started by marakana11, Sep 30, 2010.

1. marakana11

marakana11 Member

Jun 20, 2007
    Cali
    Club:
    FK Crvena Zvezda Beograd
    Nat'l Team:
    Serbia
    [​IMG]

So it is the match we have been waiting for for the past week or so... Our match against Roma proved that we still had what it took to play well, but we just couldn't finish when we needed to in those moments. The pressure was on midweek to produce a result against Bremen and the boys, especially Eto'o proved to us that the squad is still full of quality and will challenge on all fronts this season. This is the greatest attribute of the current Inter squad. Whenever pressure and controversy come into question, the team responds with a positive result.

This is by far the largest game thus far this season, and it will be interesting to see how our defense responds after Lucio was taken off with injury in the Bremen game. With Chivu and Cordoba set to partner each other in the middle, Santon will hopefully make a welcome return to the starting 11. It will be a really good test to see how he feels because he will be facing Milos Krasic, the in-form Juventus winger who has been one of the bright lights for the Old Lady thus far this season.

It was good to see Sneijder back on form mid-week and he will need to continue in this manner if Inter are to continue this good patch and challenge for honors once again. The main worry however is the center forward role in the Inter squad, as Eto'o has showcased his talent whenever he has played up front with Milito or without. With Diego coming under squad rotation and a small thigh problem the past match, it will be interesting to see if Rafa continues with Eto'o up front and keeps Milito on the bench even though he scored twice in the earlier match versus Bari but was somewhat static against Roma.

I wouldn't mind seeing Eto'o keep his place in the starting 11 with Coutinho playing on the left, as I believe the young Brazilian can really pass the ball and work with Sneijder to create chances. Plus with Chivu talking about the lack of tracking back on the left hand side surely it would be better to see Coutinho start on that left hand side instead of Samuel Eto'o.

Stankovic and Camibasso have played well in the holding role thus far this season, largely the past 2 games and I would like to see that partnership continue as they know how to work well in the Serie A. My main question besides who starts in defense is if Pandev will be back on the right for the Derbi. With Julio Cesar carrying a thigh injury I see Castellazzi coming in like he did in the second half against Bremen. He had a couple of good saves and I really like what I have seen thus far from the 2nd keeper.

This would be my starting 11 on Sunday:

-----------------Castellazzi--------------
    Maicon-----Cordoba-----Chivu-----Santon
    ---------Stankovic------Cambiasso-------
    Pandev-----------Sneijder--------Coutinho
    -------------------Eto'o-----------------

As for Juventus... well they have had a mixed start. Their defense seems unstable even with an abundance of quality in Chiellini and Bonucci, but their offensive production has been really high. Thus they are a team still finding their feet, which is to be expected after how many players came in during the summer transfer window.

The all Italian back line has definite potential but they are still finding the right timing and rhythm as a unit. Chiellini is one of the best center backs in Italy, and Bonucci, coming from a great season at Bari has gone on now to represent Italy at the highest level in the Euro 2012 qualifiers. They are the Italian tandem that will feature heavily over the next couple of years. They are fairly good in the air, but can be exposed on the ground which Etoó could take advantage of. The main worry however is the full backs as De Ceglie, Marco Motta, Rinaudo and Grygera are all solid options but are not up to the standard of Maicon or Chivu. The former two are still fairly young and have featured extensively for the Italian U21's. It will be interesting to see if they can step up a gear for this match.

In the center of midfield I expect to see Felipe Melo and one of Aquilani/Marchisio running the show with latter looking for that killer pass with Melo doing more of the dirty work. However Melo did prove in the World Cup against Holland that he can also find that much needed pass if need be. The main worry offensively for Inter is on the wings as Krasic will be doing his all to get past Santon, or whoever else starts on the left hand side. It will also be interesting to see who starts on the left from a number of options in Pepe and Jorge Martinez, both summer acquisitions. Up front Amauri is most likely out with injury but Iaquinta, Lanzafame and del Piero are all match fit.

This is the starting 11 I expect from Juventus:

-------------------Storari-----------------
    Rinaudo-----Bonucci-----Chiellini----Grygera
    --------------Melo------------------------
    Krasic----------------Aquilani---------Pepe
    ---------Iaquinta------------del Piero------

The largest offensive threat besides Krasic should probably be the aerial theat of Iaquinta who will look to take advantage of his physicality if Chivu and Cordoba start in the center of defense. This might be one of the reasons why Materazzi might get a starting spot, with Chivu remaining at left back.

This is the largest game we have before the international break, and hopefully we will get a positive result. And lastly, can we have a repeat of the Maicon volley from the same fixture last season?!

FORZA NERAZURRI!!!

Last year's result: Inter 2-0 Juvenuts

2. marakana11

marakana11 Member

Jun 20, 2007
    Cali
    Club:
    FK Crvena Zvezda Beograd
    Nat'l Team:
    Serbia
    Highlights from last year's Derbi at the San Siro:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKDrrPfIAXg"]YouTube - INTER-JUVENTUS 2-0 HIGHLIGHTS - GUIDA AL CAMPIONATO 16/04/2010[/ame]

3. marakana11

marakana11 Member

Jun 20, 2007
    Cali
    Club:
    FK Crvena Zvezda Beograd
    Nat'l Team:
    Serbia
    Plus I am also curious to see if Zanetti gets back into the squad for this match. Apparently Lucio, Samuel, Zanetti, Motta, Julio Cesar, Milito, and Pandev all went through individual sessions today to see their fitness.

From the medical staff, Lucio and Julio Cesar have improved a lot when compared to yesterday's sustained injuries.

http://www.inter.it/aas/news/reader?N=34733&L=en

I can honestly say that I am impressed by our squad depth, as even with all those seven players out for Sunday (which are all starters), I would still be pretty confident in an Inter victory.

I thought we didn't have that deep of a squad, but now I am realizing how good it actually is.

4. Rossonero23

Rossonero23 Member+

Sep 9, 2010
    Club:
    AC Milan
    I'm interested to see how Santon plays. He's such a great young talent, I hope Inter uses him more often.:)

5. futbolmad

futbolmad New Member

Jan 2, 2005
    Nice pre-game intro/analysis. I am in agreement on Eto'o's position. Keep him where he is most lethal. Perhaps rotate him with Milito to avoid ego clashes.

6. Samora

Samora Moderator
    Staff Member

Inter Milan
    United States
    Mar 27, 2008
    San Diego!
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm worried about Krasic, santon or Chivu are going to be busy, but the good thing is both of their wingers dont really receive a lot of support and that area can be exposed,

not to mention juve's defense having visable holes in the last couple matches,

7. Jorge Amnesia

Jorge Amnesia Member+

Dec 9, 2008
    Krasic will be one of the signings of the season.

You can't find classic wingers of that quality in this day and age.

Prediction: We win 3-0 :D

8. marakana11

marakana11 Member

Jun 20, 2007
    Cali
    Club:
    FK Crvena Zvezda Beograd
    Nat'l Team:
    Serbia
    Squad:

Portieri: 1 Julio Cesar, 12 Luca Castellazzi, 21 Paolo Orlandoni;

Difensori: 2 Ivan Cordoba, 6 Lucio, 13 Maicon, 23 Marco Materazzi, 26 Cristian Chivu, 39 Davide Santon;

Centrocampisti: 5 Dejan Stankovic, 10 Wesley Sneijder, 11 Sulley Muntari, 17 MacDonald Mariga, 19 Esteban Cambiasso, 20 Joel Obi, 29 Coutinho, 30 Amantino Mancini;

Attaccanti: 9 Samuel Eto'o, 22 Diego Milito, 88 Jonathan Biabiany.

My guess:

------------------Julio Cesar--------------
    Maicon------Cordoba------Lucio------Chivu
    ----------Stankovic-----Cambiasso--------
    -----Mariga-------Sneijder-------Etoó-----
    -------------------Milito------------------

9. bibonzo

bibonzo New Member

Jul 16, 2009
    Croatia
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    Don't know about Mariga since there week spots are fullbacks. So if we ever needed to play with 3 guys up this is the game. Krasic is there main man so Chivu shod get some tactical help if he starts because he could end up being raped by Krasic's speed.

I'm also curious to see if Milito will still be first pick for CF position since Eto is doing more than good + Couthino and Biabany did fairly well in the last game.

I want a win tonight at all costs, cant stand this new hype regarding Juve again! We are better in every department and I will be real mad if we slip tonight. Just hope there is no controversy on both sides since things are still heated and that's the last thing this game needs.

Cant wait for the game! Good opening Mara as always.

10. ajstaiti

ajstaiti New Member

Aug 25, 2009
    Baltimore, MD
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Really hoping Coutinho gets a chance to shine tonight playing next to Sneijder; the kid deserves the spot and I think he'll grow a lot faster the longer we leave him out there.

Also, I don't think it would be such a bad idea to have Milito spear-head the attack with eto'o shadowing him. Yes, Eto'o is in much better form, but Milito has undeniable class as well. The goal in making a quality formation is to utilize your best players. I actually think Eto'o could flourish in having someone in front of him to unlock space. We'll be a lot easier to mark if go back to the days when we had a single threat offense (Ibra) Playing both Eto'o and Milito gives us 2 incredibly capable goalscoreres, thus making our offense more dynamic.

Speculations?

------------Castellazzi----------
    Maicon--Cordoba--Chivu--Santon
    -----Stankovic--Cambiasso------
    --Coutinho----Sneijder----------
    ----------------------Eto'o----
    -----------Milito----------------

11. bibonzo

bibonzo New Member

Jul 16, 2009
    Croatia
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    Milito is out. Interesting.

12. Samora

Samora Moderator
    Staff Member

Inter Milan
    United States
    Mar 27, 2008
    San Diego!
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    out of the line up but in the bench

13. Samora

Samora Moderator
    Staff Member

Inter Milan
    United States
    Mar 27, 2008
    San Diego!
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    dam juve need more work in passing, Bonucci gots a yellow

14. Samora

Samora Moderator
    Staff Member

Inter Milan
    United States
    Mar 27, 2008
    San Diego!
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    im liking the pace and eto are bringing , stretching the defense is going to be a real weapon

15. Samora

Samora Moderator
    Staff Member

Inter Milan
    United States
    Mar 27, 2008
    San Diego!
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    dam 2 near goal occasions....krasic coming into the game

16. bibonzo

bibonzo New Member

Jul 16, 2009
    Croatia
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    Milito in, well not a bad move Biabany was useless so far and Eto was constantly moving on the side.

Overall very poor so far from us. Lucky not to trail.

17. Samora

Samora Moderator
    Staff Member

Inter Milan
    United States
    Mar 27, 2008
    San Diego!
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    lol iaqiunta, he alone is too blame, his position has been dismal, luckily for us :p

18. bibonzo

bibonzo New Member

Jul 16, 2009
    Croatia
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    Chivu gets a yellow and he still has a whole game dealing with Krasic. Not good.

19. Samora

Samora Moderator
    Staff Member

Inter Milan
    United States
    Mar 27, 2008
    San Diego!
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    not too mention he has been knocked down twice already, santon anyone?

sneijder has dissapeared

20. Samora

Samora Moderator
    Staff Member

Inter Milan
    United States
    Mar 27, 2008
    San Diego!
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Cordoba the Man!

21. bibonzo

bibonzo New Member

Jul 16, 2009
    Croatia
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    Yea unbelievable but in the time he got this season he didn't do a wrong move. Our top CB so far.

22. Samora

Samora Moderator
    Staff Member

Inter Milan
    United States
    Mar 27, 2008
    San Diego!
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Almost...........aight, we getting there, let milito get some couple of touches and build from there

23. bibonzo

bibonzo New Member

Jul 16, 2009
    Croatia
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    No penalty????? eh

24. Samora

Samora Moderator
    Staff Member

Inter Milan
    United States
    Mar 27, 2008
    San Diego!
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ref told him to play on, and sneijder played on, there was definitely a pull though

25. bibonzo

bibonzo New Member

Jul 16, 2009
    Croatia
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    Croatian commentator on tv here were I watch said its a penalty and the guy is a Milan fan.

Milito needs to start scoring!