Serie A: Perugia look to break gender barrier with signing of female Swedish striker

Discussion in 'Women's International' started by Adam Zebrowski, Sep 11, 2003.

1. Adam Zebrowski

Adam Zebrowski New Member

May 28, 1999
    the topic says it all...

see eurosport.com for the news..it's on their pop-up new info area.

2. FearM9

FearM9 New Member

Jul 14, 2000
    On my bike
  3. Eurekas

Eurekas New Member

Oct 4, 2003
    I think women's football underestimated, underepresented and underrated. Women have as much brains as men, but they can only run half as fast as the Premiership players. Most of the traditional football countries (Argentina, Brazil, UK Italy, Spain, France and Uruguay) don't have a good women's programme, so their women's team look like bimbos. In fact they have a strong thought that women are inferior to men in football. The non-traditional countries like USA, Norway and Sweden did better because the want to try something untested. In other words they believe in gender equality and innovation. I became interested in women's football because of Gaucci. I hope he buy a proper women team to play in Serie A instead. Its funny to see women playing together with men. The only traditional team that have good achievement in women's football is Germany, they looked strong enough to win the world cup.

4. DennisM

DennisM Member

Dec 10, 2000
    Nya Sverige
    I know what people are going to say but the United States has one of the oldest FAs in the world so it has a very long football tradition. But it's just not dominant. Nor is it in Australia. But soccer has taken over among people who play though.

"Most of the traditional football countries (Argentina, Brazil, UK Italy, Spain, France and Uruguay) don't have a good women's programme, so their women's team look like bimbos."

France and England have good teams. Spain's is getting better and its because of the regionalization of the country. Brazil's is good on the national level and that has more to do with a never-ending love of football. Italy use to have an excellent team and a strong league. But you're right on Argentina and Uruguay. I don't want them to play in Serie A. The tackling in that division is ridiculous and the refs allow them far too much. It's like watching South American football. And Germany has only been a traditional power since 1954.

But besides all of that. Victoria and Hanna have talked about it as a stunt. Anyway, they need a player more like Stegemann for Germany to actually be fit enough for the men. Otherwise, it's all a stunt.

5. roarksown1

roarksown1 Member

Mar 30, 2001
    Playa del Rey, CA
    Club:
    Hamburger SV
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Newbie says it all. I hope that they don't go through with this publicity stunt, because that's all it is.