Pre-match: Serie A Giornata 4: Milan - Napoli

Discussion in 'Napoli' started by Euphorius Thor, Dec 18, 2021.

1. Euphorius Thor

SSC NapoliS
    Slovakia
    Jul 14, 2017
    So, will the predictions of many people turn out to be true again? That we will run out of steam in the 2nd half of the season and fail like a bunch of weak-ass losers once again? We have Milan now, Fiorentina in the cup, and a trail of bad results in our wake, plus a disastrous performance in the last game against an average team.

As of now, it really does seem like the failure has already begun. Can we turn it around against Milan, the team that has a similar history of failures to ours in the recent times, and also struggles with injuries? Or will this be the true beginning of our doom, even before the 2nd half of the season has begun?

Whatever will be, will be, I am not a fan of success. But I will find it difficult to forgive another where soul and spirit have been supplanted by selfishness and apathy.

2. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Hard to predict but this is a must win.

3. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Possibly the worst starting eleven in the last 20 years

CarecaNapoli and Bedelcigil repped this.
  4. Bedelcigil

Bedelcigil Member+

Aug 21, 2014
    Cyprus
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    worst since britos era

5. Bedelcigil

Bedelcigil Member+

Aug 21, 2014
    Cyprus
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  6. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Demme is simply not Napoli quality and I believe Lobotka is actually better than Anguissa. Anguissa looks stronger when Fabian next to him.

Lozano is working heart but he is just useless in attack. You never feel he can do anything.

7. Bedelcigil

Bedelcigil Member+

Aug 21, 2014
    Cyprus
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    YESSSSSSSS FINALLY

8. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    First game Napoli was lucky

Bedelcigil and SF19 repped this.
  9. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Give Demme time he has been out with injury for soooo long

10. SF19

SF19 Member+

Jun 8, 2013
    Milan were I think hard done by. Not all VAR teams and referees would see Giroud as being involved in the play for what looked like an equalizer by Kessie. A lot of missing players for both teams, not a great game. James Horncastle was predicting a 4-3 game, but I can't say I'm surprised by the score, although I thought Milan would edge us or we would get a draw. Didn't expect us to win. Sometimes you need a bit of luck. Very important win that keeps us well in the hunt for the title, but we need a striker in January to properly compete with Inter.

11. Bedelcigil

Bedelcigil Member+

Aug 21, 2014
    Cyprus
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    LOZANO ARE YOU KIDDING ME??????? LOZANO OUTTTT NOWWW

Sacki repped this.
  12. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    He is horrible

13. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Spaletti should be sacked. No excuses. He is the one playing Lozano and politano when they should be playing nintendo in the rows. Just play elmas and ounas on the wings!

And why is ounas being played in midfield? Who thought that was a good idea?!
    Ounas did more in the last 10 mins as RW than politano and Lozano put together

CarecaNapoli repped this.
  14. Bedelcigil

Bedelcigil Member+

Aug 21, 2014
    Cyprus
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    why did he take zielinski out? SPA OUT
    He was dominating the game and we were about to score. LOSING EMPOLI AND SPEZIA AT HOME IS UNACCEPTABLE. They did nothing and we gave those points to them for no reason. I’d prefer losing at milan but winning those 2.

SHAME

CarecaNapoli repped this.
  15. tripwire

tripwire Member+

Sep 23, 2012
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    What a shameful loss, and at home no less. Elmas on the bench in good form?

This one is on baldy, no doubt. He thought he could get away with that lineup, and it failed.

SF19 repped this.
  16. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    By far the best player was Lobotka.

Spalletti’s decisions have been horrible.

17. SF19

SF19 Member+

Jun 8, 2013
    Spal was trying to rest some, while trying to get some of the strugglers to maybe pick up form.

No Koulibaly, no Osimhen, no Fabian... our three best players so far this season are out. We are a lost cause without them.

18. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Why is he playing lost causes like politano over ounas? Spal even said ounas is important. Ounas is also about 6 times as good and is underway of a breakthrough. Spaletti did well to get that out of ounas, no one thought he could become anything. But why is spaletti breaking his development?! Now is the perfect time to play ounas given the injuries

Politano in this form should not play for napoli - even petagna is more useful on that wing

19. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Injuries are no excuses here. It's all on the manager.

I think we should sack him. He is too old school Italian in his managerial - we don't have the team to play like that. Here I specifically mean when we go 1 goal up and spaletti starts parking the buss and we end up losing. This is not the manager for Napoli.

3 horror casts of managers in a row it's starting to look like

20. SF19

SF19 Member+

Jun 8, 2013
    I think Ounas is more of an impact sub.

21. tripwire

tripwire Member+

Sep 23, 2012
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    I would have played Lozano on the right with Elmas on the left, who is in form. Team is desperate for wins. Play your best, especially before the break.

22. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Lozano needs to go. He is garbage.

23. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Ounas needs to improve his decision making. Last two games he was horrible. I agree he is much better than Lozano and Politano but to fulfill his talent he needs to become smarter.

24. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Not going to happen. But I am also not convinced by him. I said months ago this would happen. He always starts well and is then found out.

25. Euphorius Thor

SSC NapoliS
    Slovakia
    Jul 14, 2017
    Well, good for you, Sherlock. It's not like we have this tendency, and the injuries seem to be a common thing now. But losing against Spezia before the break is a disaster, that much I admit.

We have come to this now, and there is no way back. The most probable scenario, unfortunately, is that Juve will begin their journey to push us out of the CHL right after the break, and that we will lose more games during AFCON.