Serie A and MLS.....

Discussion in 'MLS: General' started by Soccerdude redded, Apr 1, 2007.

1. Soccerdude redded

Oct 14, 1999
    NY
    I never paid any attention to Serie A before and today after watching a game on FSC . I don't see no difference between MLS and the Serie A the same choppy play the same empty seats in the stadium and lots of back passes from both teams.By far EPL La Liga and the French league are MLS play should look like. May be the empty stadium zaps the energy out of the players.

2. Azuran

Azuran Member

Nov 15, 2006
    Toronto, ON
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Joke topic. Move along people, there's nothing to see here.

3. garnet&blackattack

garnet&blackattack New Member

Jan 14, 2007
    Columbia, SC
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

i'm tired of people being jerks and know-it-alls on this website, it creates a horrible atmosphere. some people are afraid to post because they don't want to get put down. not meaning to call you out Azuran, but i just get tired of "jerkiness" on this website.

4. krayzie

krayzie BigSoccer Yellow Card

Dec 13, 2003
    Paris, France
    Your point is pretty much interesting. It conforts my thoughts about american ignorance towards european soccer.

5. Eliezar

Eliezar Member+

Jan 27, 2002
    Houston
    Club:
    12 de Octubre
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He's saying the topic is a joke because the date is April 1.

6. garnet&blackattack

Jan 14, 2007
    Columbia, SC
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

but you must admit, there are many know-it-alls on this website. i spoke of this on another thread a few days ago.

but if the dude was talking about april fools then i'm sorry, i was indeed wrong. :)

7. lawrenceterp

lawrenceterp Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 2, 2006
    Virginia
    What the hell does it mean to confort?

8. Eliezar

Eliezar Member+

Jan 27, 2002
    Houston
    Club:
    12 de Octubre
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Your post 'conforts' my thoughts about French ignorance towards American customs.

9. krayzie

Dec 13, 2003
    Paris, France
    I mean to confirm, sorry

10. HSEUPASSION

HSEUPASSION New Member

Apr 16, 2005
    Duck, NC
    You're right, he's being ignorant.

MLS is more entertaining than Serie A.

11. krayzie

Dec 13, 2003
    Paris, France
    Good for you :)

12. And it was ignored then as well.

13. garnet&blackattack

Jan 14, 2007
    Columbia, SC
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

once again, people being know-it-alls/jerks on this site. it really gets old. we need a sense of cordiality on this website.

14. Midnight Attack

Mar 13, 2005
    U.S.A|Jamaica|DCU
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Are you talking about the 0-0 draw between Torino and Palermo?

15. The_Drizzle

The_Drizzle New Member

May 17, 2006
    Kwassa Kwassa
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wow, it must be Obvious Day at Camp Stupid.

Kidding, just relax, some people (like you) are more forgiving, while some people (like me and others) come here most often to read well reasoned discourse about MLS and would prefer not to have to wade through dozens of threads started by newbies suggesting promotion and relegation.

16. CLEATS

CLEATS New Member

May 2, 2005
    The thread was started by someone who is far from a newbie.And what does this thread have to do with promotion and relegation.:confused:

17. copaantl98

copaantl98 Member

Apr 9, 2002
    This is not an April Fools joke:

I agree with the thread starter. The Serie A is choppy and sloppy. MLS is by far more entertaining. It's all psychological that people say the Serie A is more entertaining because of its players.

18. WALDO

WALDO Member

Feb 20, 2005
    BURBANK
    Let me translate Serie A. Syria Shock and Awe: :eek:

19. TerpSoccerFan

TerpSoccerFan Member

Jan 14, 2007
    Rome
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Serie A is pretty unwatchable compared to the EPL and La Liga. I watch EPL and La Liga every weekend, but I only watch Serie A if there's nothing else on and Inter are playing someone good enough to test them or bad enough that they'll score four goals.

I also have the problem that I don't know many of the players on teams in Serie A outside of the top 4 clubs (counting Juve in). It's easier to watch a match from England or Spain, etc. when I am excited to watch players who aren't on the top 4 teams... as opposed to Italy where its always just... Inter vs. a whole bunch of people I've never heard of and couldn't pronounce or spell even if I had. The low crowds, poor atmosphere, and drama don't help. You can tell its bad when Inter has one of the best domestic seasons in the history of top flight euro soccer and no one gives a damn.

20. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    The EPL doesn't mark anyone. This is why there are so many goals. The defenses in Italy are incredible as the name of the game is defense. In the last decade, we've seen many Italian players go to the EPL and have had considerable success. When English players go to Italy, they always seem to have a difficult time and find it very tough.

The empty seats are only becuase the FIGC banned walk up tickets sold after the incident in Catania. Only season ticket holders are allowed in.
    With the absence of Juventus and the points penalization of many top teams like Lazio, Fiorentina and Milan, the Serie A has diminished in quality a great deal. Teams are and/or were also involved in the Champions Leagues and Uefa Cups, not too mention the national team players who just finished an important game with Scotland on Wednesday. This makes everything tough also.
    When you speak of Luca Toni, Montolivo, DiNatale, Totti, Perrotta,DeRossi, Rocchi Ronaldo, Kaka not to mention everyone else on Inter like Ibra, Maxwell, Zanetti and Co, I can't name very many players in the MLS who would equal any of those guys.

I've talked about this in other threads and I believe the MLS is a good league but to say it can compete with the top 8 in Serie A is a little too much. I'd think that the MLS can compete with the bottom relegation dwellers of the Serie A and is on a par with the Serie B. The Serie B on the other hand, as Juventus is finding out this year, is not all that easy either. Although they are on top of the table and will run away with it, they still have tied 7 matches and lost twice. Genoa, Napoli and others are also playing very well and ready to be promoted.

Like I said, the MLS is a tough league and hard and all but when there are no stars and no top foreign players playing, it can't be any better than the second division. This isn't a bad thing, its just not (presently anway)the Serie A!

21. The_Drizzle

The_Drizzle New Member

May 17, 2006
    Kwassa Kwassa
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    garnet&blackattack was talking about his displeasure with people being "know-it-alls/jerks" and I was pointing out that people get frusterated when they have to deal with crap posts. If the posts were better and well reasoned, there'd be better responses.

22. Hexenmeister

Hexenmeister Member

Aug 9, 2000
    Kearney, MO
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    It probably has something to do with the fact that FSC usually only shows matches from low to mid-table teams like Cagliari and Catania.

23. MDSoccerDude

MDSoccerDude Member

Nov 18, 2005
    Owings Mills, MD
    because you are the one who decides what is or is not a good post.:rolleyes:

24. The_Drizzle

The_Drizzle New Member

May 17, 2006
    Kwassa Kwassa
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Pretty much :rolleyes:

Re-read the first post, it's pretty incoherent. If you think that post is good and worthy of being a thread starter, then April Fools on me! I mean, what is the point of this thread? Someone saw ONE Serie A game between non-top table teams and says MLS is on par with Serie A.

25. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I agree. Last year when I came back from having lived in Italy for 3 years, I didn't even watch those games they show on FSC as they usually show mid and bottom table teams. The Rai International & maybe Gol TV shows the good games. I'm watching the domenica sportiva right now and the goals/highlights they are showing of the Serie A are incredible. I wish you could all could watch this show and you will see just how tough the Serie A is.