Seria A: @ Roma (R)

Discussion in 'Inter Milan' started by bibonzo, Sep 25, 2010.

1. ajstaiti

ajstaiti New Member

Aug 25, 2009
    Baltimore, MD
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    So glad we went out and got Rafa... Honestly, I knew this would happen. If he wasn't good enough for Liverpool why is he good enough for treble champs? I don't care if it's early and we end up winning the serie a, that's only because we have an all-star team. The fact of the matter is Rafa is a stubborn ego maniac. I can't honestly think of a good thing he's done for us since he's come over. I just hope Moratti realizes he's not the right man for the job by seasons end.

Now todays game...
    We didn't actually play all that badly. So I won't complain too much about our tactics today, but rafa's subs are just boneheaded....

We're trying to win a game and what do we do?...
    sub out our best goal-scorer and hold up man in place of Sulley Muntari. Honestly, what big role has Muntari played in any of our big wins; ever? He hasn't. That just shows pure ignorance; muntari is a rotational player at best.

Next, we have a struggling Chivu and what do we do? Well naturally I'd want to give some play time to our incredibly talented winger/full-back Davide Santon, who's dying for play time after being out for so long.... but no let's keep playing a converted cb in a wide role instead of a natural wide player who could use the experience. I'd completely understand if Santon gets frustrated and wants to leave.

Another big blunder of this team was not signing anyone to replace Mario. To tell the truth, Balotelli was huge for us. He was our answer in these types of games. He would score or create a quality chance to win tight games like this. We sold him and didn't get anyone that could play that sort of role for us. We have nothing off the bench at the moment.

Finally, I have no idea what we're doing going into a season without a single cb under 30. If anyone of them goes down, we're screwed. Get Ranocchia here asap.

Rafa needs to wake up. Big time.

2. bibonzo

bibonzo New Member

Jul 16, 2009
    Croatia
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    Good post I'm also annoyed by his attitude in press conferences on top of all that. I mean Mou wasn't perfect and things also went wrong under him more than once but at least he had the balls to pull some moves when there needed. The sooner Ben gets that draws are not something we want in any game the better.

This is about the same stuff that lost him EPL title to Man. U, he played too many games on safe to snatch points in the last part of the season and it backfired on his ass. Its almost like hes scared of losing.

3. Samora

Samora Moderator
    Staff Member

Inter Milan
    United States
    Mar 27, 2008
    San Diego!
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    all star team, this is starting to become evident, too bad we were reduced to players trying to win the match single handedly with a 30+ meter shot over and over again
    probably cause we got frustrated

Mario, you hit the nail on this one, everyone was expecting a replacement for balo,: Rossi, aguero, forlan, sculi, ozil, vdv, giovanni dos santos(speculation), podolski, klose, cavani

we cant gamble, cause there is nothing to gamble on, the only gamble is maybe coutinho, biabiany is not ready yet

As for CBs, cordoba did a good job(from the moments that i saw), chivu did struggle but its better to have chivu as LB than cordoba, of coarse santon should be the obvious choice now that he is fit

agreed, it was a 0-0 game, we werent ahead, but then again what do we have in the bench that we can field and pull out a win?:confused:

4. Samora

Samora Moderator
    Staff Member

Inter Milan
    United States
    Mar 27, 2008
    San Diego!
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i also noticed that this was a different game than bari, mostly because bari did vey little in attack, compare that to roma, who pressed more, basically we struggle vs teams that go out and really attack, twente anyone?

5. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    One of the worst performances I've seen from us in years...and I've been watched inter through Lucescu and Tardelli. :eek:

Anyhow: Eto'o and Snejder were awfully poor, specially the little Dutch guy.

Congrats to Roma on a well-deserved win: if there is one blip to it, imo it should be that Menez should have been sent off for that one scissor challenge from behind. 'Anybody else think so???

6. ajstaiti

ajstaiti New Member

Aug 25, 2009
    Baltimore, MD
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I agree 100%. I said it the first time I saw the challenge. I have no idea how he didn't see red for that.

7. marakana11

marakana11 Member

Jun 20, 2007
    Cali
    Club:
    FK Crvena Zvezda Beograd
    Nat'l Team:
    Serbia
    Not too disappointed. We played well for me in the first half and were a bit unlucky not to go ahead.

The thing that disappointed me was the lack of fight in the last 30 minutes of the game. No desire besides a couple of actions.

I also don't understand Muntari coming in. He should have switched to a 4-4-2 and had Etoó and Milito play together more.

Realistically we should have gotten a point, but congrats to Roma. Onto the next game... can't really get caught up in one game, because we play in 4 days.

8. bibonzo

bibonzo New Member

Jul 16, 2009
    Croatia
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    I cant believe that I actually got it right in fact Chivu was furious at Benitez and it seems Eto. Cant blame the guy he is right. Maicon also joined the criticism. Things are starting to role under Benitez and if he doesn't put his foot down the club will suffer. It seems that he wants to please everybody and that wont work, he needs to be the boss!

http://www.football-italia.net/sep26h.html

9. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Imo, we're making a big deal out of one loss in stoppage time.

10. bibonzo

bibonzo New Member

Jul 16, 2009
    Croatia
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia

That's how everything starts man, bad performance, players voice there opinion, few injuries pop up and all hell brakes lose. Seen it many times during the years, not to mention Inter was often in these situations under many coaches.