Sergio Ramos to Milan & Other Patently Ridiculous Transfer Rumours

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by redondo4me, Jan 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JRisAGalactico

Mar 10, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    If wE are to Stalk chelSea for one of theIr playErs it should be the oNe and only..

:D

2. demogorgon

demogorgon Member

Jul 18, 2006
  3. -Fifth CharM-

-Fifth CharM- BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 12, 2007
    Good for Barcelona if this is true. They are buying a excellent player but don't they have sufficient Central Defenders in their squad?.. Puyol, Oleguer, Thuram, Milito, Marquez and now Garay!

4. 9Qui

9Qui Moderator
    Staff Member

May 26, 2004
    I don't see Diarra as indispensible to Madrid. In fact I see his position as upgradable. Diarra was bought expensively for a special role. He was bought as a star and was supposed to go in directly and be the centerpiece of the midfield. When compared to Emerson he didn't do that bad, but overall he has not fulfilled his role.
    If Gago keeps it up and Diarra doesn't start to deliver, he will be relegated to the bench. And I see no reason for the club or the player to be on the bench and thus a sale will favour all parties.

While I'm with Laudrup regarding Mikel, you must admit that forcing Chelsea to sell will be both harder and much more expensive than signing Flamini on a free.
    If we're just tossing names around I wouldn't mind Mascherano. He situation in Liverpool is unstable. As far as I know MSI will sell him this summer. Benítez will want to buy him, but here's the cash issue. If I'm not mistaken Mascherano has expressed a desire to leave England.

Marca has told us he will leave. :D

5. 9Qui

9Qui Moderator
    Staff Member

May 26, 2004
    It's neither on Barcelona's nor Racing's homepage - AS hasn't reported it either.
    Anyway, Oleguer is crap and will not play much, Thuram is old and Márquez is injured. Ideally they will sell Zambrotta (to Milan?) and move Puyol to RB, and that should mean they will not be interested in Dani Alves.

EDIT: Or since they just buy and don't really care about rotation thay could just cut Zambrotta and Thuram loose and keep Puyol in the centre:

-----------------Puyol/Garay-------Milito/Márquez(Edmilson)-----------------
    Dani Alves/Oleguer--------------------------------------------Abidal/Sylvinho
    --------------------------Yaya/Edmilson(Márquez)

6. Blitzwing

Blitzwing New Member

Jul 3, 2006
    Sydney
    There's actually been a couple of rumours flying around the last few days that Barca had tied up Garay for next season, Marca are a few days late! Still until I see something concrete it's tabloid rubbish. Regardless, Garay's stocks have rosen a lot this season and it kinda sucks we didn't buy him the beginning of the season at the behest of Miguel Angel Portugal, now if he hasn't already signed for Barca we are still going to have to contend with half of Europe to get him.

7. zizou555

zizou555 Member

Real Madrid
    Brazil
    Dec 4, 2007
    Newcastle Upon Tyne
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    http://www.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=575664

*************,hope it is just a rumor.

They do not need another CB,and they do not usually pay that much money.

What surprises me is that Tottenham and Lyon were said to be willing to pay 15 and 17 so why settle for 14.5 and in installments?

8. Blitzwing

Blitzwing New Member

Jul 3, 2006
    Sydney
    If we are just throwing names up I'll nominate another: Xabi Alonso

Although he recently signed a contract extension to stay at Anfield at the moment he seems to be falling down the pecking order in midfield with Gerrard, Mascherano and even new comer Lucas prefered to him, even Rafa has came out and said so.

I honestly think a move back to Spain would do him a lot of good and Xabi has even hinted as much. He was great at Real Sociedad (one of their best players when they finished 2nd in 02/03) and had a good first 18 months at Pool but since then he seems to have gone off the walls a bit.

He has great vision and distribution, decent shot from long range, and can sit in front of the defence and provide our attack good ball going forward and is proven in La Liga with Sociedad.

9. ZZR923

ZZR923 New Member

Dec 4, 2005
    don't be silly.

10. ZZR923

ZZR923 New Member

Dec 4, 2005
    Those games weren't comparable. Almeria suffocated our midfield and would have done the same if gago has been playing. guti is the control in this test - loads of space and time to perform against villareal then no space and poor against almeria.

Admittedly diarra needs to raise his game we need a return to the diarra that rampaged across europe for lyon and helped and proved so effective in the title run in last season.

he might not play pretty football but is a vital component to giving the team a stable base to attack from. personally i would like to see both diarra and gago in midfield alonside either guti or sneijder.

11. redondo4me

redondo4me New Member

May 26, 2006
    London
    farca have officially not confirmed the garay deal as yet. I wonder what Mijatovic and co are doing :mad: if there is one thing we need badly then its good defenders ... Canna is good but he wil be 35 next year, Salgado is quite the same, Pepe and Metz though good still need to be injury free for an entire season, Heinze is no spring chicken either and Torres/Marcelo are still young.

I think Zambrotta n Thuram are gonna go in the summer from farca ...

12. zizou555

zizou555 Member

Real Madrid
    Brazil
    Dec 4, 2007
    Newcastle Upon Tyne
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Well Suazo anyone??
    He was inter than signed for Milan than inter ... so you never know...

But i wonder loosing breno to bayern and now garay(who is great and already knows the Spanish league) to barca...
    Do they not want a CB?are they going for a bigger name in the back and more experience?or are they satisfied with what we have ?
    (heinze considered as a CB and marcelo/torres Left backs ????)

If true, i m sad that he went to barca from all the clubs and that we lost out.

13. razingtonbear

razingtonbear Member+

Aug 8, 2007
    Dani Alves may be a priority for us. People have also spoken of how Cacares? from Racing is also a great prospect at CB, many consider him better than Garay. The fact Garay scores goals aswell has probably put him out there in the limelight a little more. I'd be more than happy if we got Alves instead.

14. redondo4me

redondo4me New Member

May 26, 2006
    London
    I am sure we will have to pay over the top for him. Del Nido is known for milking money ... just like the Lyon president.

In any case the garay deal is not sealed yet and will be completed in the summer so we might have a chance to hijack it ;)

15. JRisAGalactico

Mar 10, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    there are definitely other options so im not worried. I simply wrote/linked the Marca story here to discuss how it effects our potential transfer rumors.

The problem with defender rumors are that we have to know where Sergio Ramos is going to end up to determine a real shortlist. How has Alves played for the majority of this season?

16. raven3k

raven3k Member+

May 31, 2007
    Madrista land
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Well how about i put a spin on the garay story and there's a new update and the president confirms garay is close to barca.
    http://goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=576170

But the thing is, i think that the president is just kind of making it up so that he can create some sort of bidding war or someone comes in and gives a concrete offer. Although risky, he's kind of trying to force us or try to rush us into to paying the full amount.
    But the thing is garay is good but there will always be another or better prospect. Also, i am sure we have lists and lists of players that our scouts are tracking.

Speaking of prospects, how is nasri and jeremy menez doing?? Saw the monaco - marseille game and nasri was decent and menez did have a off day. Anyone been tracking them for more than my limited knowledge??

17. razingtonbear

razingtonbear Member+

Aug 8, 2007
    I haven't seen much of Sevilla, but from what I have heard he had a bit of a slow start, like much of the team I would imagine, but has since been in great form. Sid Lowe was raving about him on the Guardian podcast a few weeks back.

18. zizou555

zizou555 Member

Real Madrid
    Brazil
    Dec 4, 2007
    Newcastle Upon Tyne
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I watch highlights of the French league and limited Marseille games(I am A fan but they tend to be in the same time as Real Games or other big matches).

Menez is that player that drives monaco,they depend on him and he can take them home or loose them the game.he is good but not that consistent yet.

Usually quite good but does show glimpses of genius that makes you think maybe this kid has got it.

As for Nasri,he is the superstar of French football(along with benzema).
    An off day for this kid is nice playmaking and a lot of wasted opportunities from the forwards.
    A good day,he scores the goal himself.Great player but evolves slowly but the good thing he keeps becoming better.
    (has gotten huge interest from all over Europe but chose to stay with Marseille stating,i just began and i need to learn more and finish my education in the French league before moving to a big European club/Zidane s friend(protege?) and a Madrid fan)

(Recently starred in the 5-1 trashing,scores wonderful goals)

19. laudrup

laudrup BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 14, 2005
    I thought his release clause is 18 mill and he already rejected an OL offer of 15 mill. So there can't be much of a bidding war, since the bracket for the bidding is 16-18 mill, at which point the bidding stops and Garay chooses a team.

The only way Racing can conceivably start a bidding war is by asking to have players included in the deal, probably B-team and loaned out prospects, which would be a sensible idea for them. But they still want to keep it under 18 mill, because if it gets close to that figure the clubs can just pull off the exchange deal and pay a little extra, leaving Racing with no bidding war, no Garay, and no youth player.

If I was Racing, I'd quietly shop the player around for deals, I wouldn't plaster it on the front page of anything.

20. demogorgon

demogorgon Member

Jul 18, 2006
    Oleguer is not CB, his more RB than anything else. Also Thruram is old and is only good as a backup. If they get Garay, Puyol is moving to RB. Lineup would look like that. Marquez is CB/DM and can play where he's needed.

Abidal(Slyvinho)- Milito(Thuram)-Garay(Marguez)-Puyol(Zambrotta).

Not bad :mad:.

edit: Why would we want Alves?? Ramos is great at the RB and it would be stupid to move him back to CB. Before the season started nobody knew how this is going to work out, but Ramos imo is better as a right back than a CB. Buying Alves is wasting money, what we need is to sell Metz asap and get a decent CB ( Carvalho :p ).

21. raven3k

raven3k Member+

May 31, 2007
    Madrista land
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    That is a good point you make good sir, but, people forget that we have bought daniel opare (needs confirming, sorry if spelt wrong). We have bought him right??? So any prospect of buying daniel is down the drain. Personally, i think daniel would have been better at chelsea or another big EPL club since it would be a step up from sevilla. Plus i dont think chelsea would mind having another / better rb than belleti (attacking wise).

22. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Same here.

Every transfer season one player/defender is placed on a "either him or there's nobody else" type of level.Same was with Alexis during the summer, before he joined Valencia.

23. macaluca

macaluca Member+

Nov 24, 2005
    Park bench
    Sorry for the late reply.

Unfortunately, I don't think you can get over the immaturity. He looks a very good prospect, but I'm not sure I would want to be dependant on him in midfield as soon as next season.....quite apart from the fact that I doubt a deal could be done.

24. lovebarca

lovebarca New Member

Sep 15, 2006
  25. dmar

dmar Member

Jan 21, 2002
    Madrid, Spain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    He is a CB. A CrappyBack.