Sergio Ramos to Milan & Other Patently Ridiculous Transfer Rumours

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by redondo4me, Jan 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Ribery had some problems with Kahn or may be Beckenbauer around Christmas. He is no longer performing the way he was playing in the beginning of the season. Furthermore, he almost switched clubs every season and I won't be surprise if he moves again this summer.... but I hope he goes elsewhere. He is not the type of player who will stay long anywhere.

2. mickyh

mickyh New Member

Sep 28, 2006
  3. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Uli Honeß would rather dance naked on TV than sell Ribery, the guy is the face of the Bundesliga right now.Every time paytv is advertising the BuLi package, they show Ribery highlights.The suggestion is ridiculous, almost like the Ramos to Milan one, at least for now.

Quaresma extended his contract with Porto just last week.

I would rather see Joaquin in Madrid, but that was long ago, while he was a Betis player.I think his consistency and level of play dropped since he joined Valencia, but that is just my opinion.

4. Gmak

Gmak BigSoccer Yellow Card

Jul 13, 2005
    Quaresma is good but somewhat overrated.

5. Blitzwing

Blitzwing New Member

Jul 3, 2006
    Sydney
    Is there anyway we can at least give Garay a pre contract or something?

Because at the moment is seems several prem clubs are circling (Spurs and Pool) plus Lyon, now I don't doubt the boy wants to play for us but with the lure of the British pound I could see Racing pressuring him into the move especially since he can't come back to haunt them like he could with us.

Also seems Espanyol still want Soldado on loan with Tamudo out for the next few months, we should let him go, we are out of the Cup and I can't see him making many (if any) more appearances for us this season.

6. zizou555

zizou555 Member

Real Madrid
    Brazil
    Dec 4, 2007
    Newcastle Upon Tyne
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Alma,you had me at Campo!!!!:D
    (so no need to remind us that you and maca first talked about Garay)

On a serious note:i have read a lot and i mean a lot of praises for the guy s defensive abilities and we could definitely use a guy with height and pace so....We absolutely should go for him.

I had already stated that i would adore the idea of Cannavaro to stay a lot longer(with less game as he gets older) and teach our youngsters the ropes .
    To me he is one of the few masters in the game and a true master of defense.Garay,Pepe and Ramos under him would make an unbreakable defense.Plus he would make Marcelo a dependable defender if not a great one.

7. raven3k

raven3k Member+

May 31, 2007
    Madrista land
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    if i am correct then i think we can get a first option on him?? Wouldnt that be easier??? But either way, i am sure balboa and portugal is keeping in contact with garay and keeping him calm and patient about a madrid bid.

8. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I agree to a certain degree.
    He's a very good player, but the people that see him being as good as Cristiano or even better, i can't understand.

9. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    Nice story but Carvalho was not the best defender in the Prem last season.

He can sign a pre-contract with you at any stage. The only requirement is that you inform his club of your intention to speak to him.

10. Lombardo

Lombardo New Member

Dec 7, 2007
    If we got Quaresma, who would leave?
    Robinho is safe, Calderon would not sell Robben, and Drenthe has a big potensial that shuster sees.
    Mabey we end up with all four :)

11. raven3k

raven3k Member+

May 31, 2007
    Madrista land
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Out of all of those you just listed, none of them will leave, and drenthe is just, dont know how to describe him but there's something special about him and therefore i rule them all out. I would like to see how drenthe does on the right wing like he did in the copa.

12. makeaveli89

makeaveli89 New Member

Jul 7, 2007
    new jersey
    quaresma imo would be great for us but there are some worries for example if hes going to hold on to the ball too much ala robinho in his first year with madrid and that when he loses the ball he looks like guti, doesnt really track back on defense, but his offensive abilities are amazing, i could imagine him racking up quite abit of assists from those rabona crosses of his to ruud and raul

btw if we keep all our wingers and get quaresma, could we see robinho, robben, quaresma on the pitch at the same time? maybe push robinho to forward in a 4-4-2 and have quaresma and robben on the wings

13. Fung

Fung New Member

Jan 11, 2007
    Rocky would go

14. zizou555

zizou555 Member

Real Madrid
    Brazil
    Dec 4, 2007
    Newcastle Upon Tyne
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I think he has what you call that something extra,bit of genius more than ronaldo.while ronaldo is amazing ,Quaresma just wows you more.
    C.ronaldo is the most effective player in the world(goals and assists) and is consistent at it.
    A manager would take Ronaldo in an instant,a fan of the beautiful game would take Quaresma.

He already plays as a forward,and i think the long term plan is to put him and Higuain in front with Robben in the wing and Drenthe his bench.
    (maybe Benzema to be that third great striker,since we seem to be in love with him for ever and his suiters are backing down)
    And of course the much talked about right winger.
    I would prefer C.ronaldo if he doesn't cost us more that 40 million pounds.

15. Alma Merengue

Alma Merengue Member+

May 5, 2005
    Marca is reporting that we are negotiating for Santos' 18 year old forward Tiago Luis.

Can posters familiar with this player confirm that he is indeed the next Pele/Messi/Robinho/Kaka/Ronaldinho?

Thanks!

16. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    I've seen a couple clips and a half game of his. While I know that is to little to really base a definite opinion, it's better than nothing.

He ain't a Messi nothing. Bullshit. He doesn't dribble, move, cross, shot, etc. anything like Messi, or any other player you mentioned above.

He looks to be a decent player, but nothing special. Moreno makes him look pretty average from what I've seen.

The 12 year old I posted on should be a real target for us. That kid gots potential.

17. Alma Merengue

Alma Merengue Member+

May 5, 2005
    Darn it, Marca said he is the "Brazilian Messi" ... damn those reporters.

I watched the Boca - River match to see if Buonanote got some real minutes for River, but he came in pretty late withBoca up 2-0. I don't know a great deal about this kid, but I've seen play some woderful football form him in a couple of matches. He just looks super frail to me; almost makes Jesus Navas look big.

18. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    [youtube]QJ5reA3TnOk[/youtube]

This was the only clip I could "re-find", however I've seen a couple, including a half of play. I wasn't too impressed. The quality to be a Madrid player is much higher.

He wears the '9' shirt.

Did you see the post I made a while back about the 12 year old phenom we were tracking?

EDIT: To help you out his name is Juan Carlos Chera. I'm really high on this guy. He really is an amazing talent and we ARE actually weighing our options on picking him up (both AS and Marca reported interest in September).

[youtube]JCh_R_DM9wU[/youtube]

19. makeaveli89

makeaveli89 New Member

Jul 7, 2007
    new jersey
    from that clip i didnt really see anything that would distingusih this tiago luis guy being above average, the only thing i noticed is that hes very strong on the ball but thats it, there are other brazilian prospects like kerlon, lulinha, and coutinho who i would rather us sign

20. laudrup

laudrup BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 14, 2005
    ^ TBH, I've always thought looking at videos of 12 year olds and extrapolate their talent is, at worst, slightly creepy, and at best, a monumental waste of time. 15-16, sure, but 12?

Plus doesn't Brazil have this so-called "Pele law" that forbids U-18s from signing professional contracts elsewhere? I thought this is what prevented Pato from playing for Milan until the winter window opened, because when the summer one closed he was still 17.

21. Achillean

Achillean Member

Apr 13, 2005
    You know who i really rate highly from river? falcao, now he is a striker that we could develop, maybe buy him and send him on loan.

22. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    The way things are developing right now, Kerlon will probably sign with one of the Galatasaray's or CSKA's of European football by the time the hype around the seal dribble has settled.

I agree.I would only watch those tournaments if I'm paid to do so, honestly.

23. Alma Merengue

Alma Merengue Member+

May 5, 2005
    I haven't seen him play. He came in late yesterday and barely had a sniff. The commentators were saying that he is probably Colombia's most promising player (I think he said Colombia).

24. Horsehead

Horsehead Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 2, 2006
    Los Angeles
    That day is coming soon.... Alma for President! :D