Sergio Aguero

Discussion in 'Argentina' started by Leon12, Jan 5, 2006.

1. Leon12

Leon12 Member+

Jan 5, 2006
    Man of the world
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Hello all, I'm a new member to this forum, I support Argentina, Boca Juniors and Coventry!

Can anyone tell me what the latest rumours are regarding Sergio Aguero, is he still linked with a move to Villareal, I've also read Inter Milan are interested, but may wait till next season.

Has anyone actually seen him play live, I've heard and read so much about him with many people claiming he is better than Lionel Messi, which I find hard to believe because Messi is fantastic.

2. vipnerd

vipnerd Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2003
    La Mitad + Román
    I am one of those who thinks that in the near future Aguero will be even better than Messi. So far it seems that he will stay at Independiente.

Aguero has played at a superb level this past semester, with only 17 yrs and with a team where he really found no talented help as Independiente. So different to Messi's reality at Barza.

I believe in Messi ... don't get me wrong. Would need to see him at high demand games such as the Champions League tie against Chelsea, where the level of defense is more according to a WC. See what he can do against Gallas or Del Horno ... how he responds to the pressure of rough tackling. La Liga is a pretty soft league in this sense.

Aguero has all that malice that comes from growing up in Argentinian football ... you can see him lean agianst defenders to receive and then "invent". Messi looks to me as the talented and fast youngster that came out of a "European textbook".

In this case, Aguero has more of what Tevez also has, that rough formation to receive a ball and know that your leg can be taken away in the following play. Aguero is a better finisher and has a better ball control that Tevez IMO. I agree with those that compare him to Romario ... coming from a little bit further back on the field, but could play Romario's kinda role without a problem provided the ball can get to him upfront ... Riquelme anyone? :cool:

Now ... have a look for yourself (if you speak Spanish even better) ... this came out a couple of months ago, just click and save it to watch on your PC ;) http://www.megaupload.com/?d=W5I3XFJB

3. Leon12

Leon12 Member+

Jan 5, 2006
    Man of the world
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Thanks for the information, I'd love to see him play, hopefully he will make it into the Argentina world cup squad, imagine Aguero/Messi and Tevez in the same team. :D

4. vipnerd

vipnerd Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2003
    La Mitad + Román
  5. Leon12

Leon12 Member+

Jan 5, 2006
    Man of the world
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    He has to be in the world cup squad, he can turn a game on its head in no time at all, he is unbelievable. I scoffed at people who suggested he may be better than Messi but they appear to be right. :D :D

6. COBRA007

COBRA007 Red Card

Oct 14, 2005
    Geneva

wtf do you know about s american sawker living in coventry

7. Leon12

Leon12 Member+

Jan 5, 2006
    Man of the world
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Yawn, yeah COBRA007, whatever. Like the child that you obviously are, you think that by having the last word (or post in this case) you have won the arguament. No doubt you will be in a dilema (look it up in the dictionary) now, as you will find it difficult to resist posting a reposte (look it up in the dictionary) but at the same time you will be trying as hard as you little mind will allow to not rise to my baiting. Lets see what happens, my betting is you will post, too difficult for you to resist.

8. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    LA ROMPIO ayer con sus jugadotas de grande!

17 years old....looks like a truck with a license to drible in any road!

9. Pibe#10

Pibe#10 Member

May 1, 2003
    ArmeniA
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Golazossssssssssss, le quebró la cintura al de River.

10. CrespoOffside

CrespoOffside New Member

May 26, 2005
    Montreal, Canada
    What a goal against Racing in the GolTV montage.

17! He is so young but so is Messi. You realize this when you see him beside his siblings.

Maybe both he will get called up for a friendly in BA, if they have one.

But do you really think he'll go to the English Prem?

11. Leon12

Leon12 Member+

Jan 5, 2006
    Man of the world
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I think he will move to Spain or Italy but not the premiership.

12. jrod69

jrod69 Member

Feb 19, 2005
    NYC
    i dont think south americans are suited for prem style of play is like spain and italy

13. Leon12

Leon12 Member+

Jan 5, 2006
    Man of the world
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    jrod69,

There is alo the problem of getting work permits for non-EU players who do not have the necessary international caps. Wenger was complaining that Arsenal missed out on signing Ronaldhinio when he was 19 because of the work permit rules that operate in England.

14. in da soup

in da soup New Member

Nov 17, 2005
    england
    it's funny how many prem managers are now claiming they tried to sign ronaldinho when he was younger.

15. Leon12

Leon12 Member+

Jan 5, 2006
    Man of the world
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    In da soup,

True, very true. :D :D

16. jankballs

jankballs New Member

Aug 7, 2004
    Seattle
    Aguero is phenomenal. Only 17 and has tremendous touch, pace, and finishing skills. Aguero vs. Messi is tough to call. Aguero looks more dominant in his league but Messi plays against tougher competition. Whatever the outcome they are both future superstars.
    Aguero plays a little more like Tevez while Messi seems to play in the style of Ronaldinho.
    Argentina looks to be loaded with young talent right now.

17. Leon12

Leon12 Member+

Jan 5, 2006
    Man of the world
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    The future is looking very good for the Argentina national team.:D :D

18. BigSoccer Bot

BigSoccer Bot I am not real.

Feb 25, 2005
    [BigSoccer News] Agüero La costumbre de lucirse en el clásico del barrio

Como en setiembre pasado, cuando anotó un golazo en el estadio de Independiente, el pibe armó una actuación deslumbrante ante el tradicional rival.

Link To Original Article

19. BigSoccer Bot

Feb 25, 2005
    [BigSoccer News] El genio futbolero de Agüero vistió de rojo el clásico de Avellaneda

Racing sólo dio batalla en el primer tiempo. Con el primer gol se derrumbó. Un numeroso grupo de hinchas locales provocó graves incidentes.

Link To Original Article

20. ilovefotball

ilovefotball Member

Feb 11, 2006
    europe
    I have not seen much of Aguero but from that i have seen i feel like he is better than Messi, and for the first time i am saying that some young player is better than Messi. i really hope i am right here............ it will be great to watch Argentina ruling the world again with these players.

21. Leon12

Leon12 Member+

Jan 5, 2006
    Man of the world
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    If Aguero turns out to be better than Messi then he is going to be frightening. :eek:

22. BigSoccer Bot

Feb 25, 2005
    [BigSoccer News] ¿Agüero figura en los planes del Barcelona?

Los allegados al Kun e Independiente dicen que no conocen tal interés. Sin embargo, el asesor técnico del Barcelona está en Buenos Aires.

Link To Original Article