Sergio Aguero at Atletico Madrid / Man City(r)

Discussion in 'Argentinos Abroad' started by vipnerd, Apr 28, 2006.

1. vipnerd

vipnerd Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2003
    La Mitad + Román
    AS-Madrid is reporting today that the agreement is complete between Atletico Madrid, Independeinte and Aguero. The transfer would be for $20 million and the contract for 8 years.

In the past 2 days, in "De una con Niembro" on La Red, Fernando Niembro had mentioned that negotiations were close to reaching an agreement between the parties ... even thou no details were revealed.

It seems we'll see great Madrid derbies. :D

2. bsas

bsas Member

May 27, 2004
    Switzerland
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Re: Sergio Aguero will play for Atletico Madrid!!!

Yes!!! If this information is confirmed, then it would be the ideal move.

Damn, I'll have to buy a sat dish and go for Spanish sport channels;-)

3. maxpepper

maxpepper Member

Jan 29, 2006
    Chicago, IL
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

contract for 8 years...?

4. Jamooky

Jamooky Member+

Mar 24, 2006
    Cleveland, OH USA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

5. bsas

bsas Member

May 27, 2004
    Switzerland
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

Well, I hope the info is true, because I have not yet seen any news in the Argentinian press about that. Also according to the article, Atletico agree on the price of 20M euros, but they still have to find an agreement on modalities of payment. I guess that Independiente won't be very happy to sell the guy on credit...

6. vipnerd

vipnerd Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2003
    La Mitad + Román

Chau Kun?

Atletico will be selling Petrov, who cost them 12 mil Euros, as he did not perform as expected. They should easily get the same amount they paid for him from Bundesliga or EPL. Perea is suppossed to be heading out too ... possibly ot Milan. The money will be there. :)

7. ilovefotball

ilovefotball Member

Feb 11, 2006
    europe

I am both happy and excited about this move. Atlethico Madrid plays very good football and there are some Argies too in the team who will help him but most of all his playing style suits La Liga.

Atlethico has always been underachiver, i hope this move brings lots of good footballing movements for Atlethico fans and for us Argientinina and Aguero's fan.:)

they wil have one of the great attakcing lineup with Torres and Aguero and they both are so young.:eek:

good luck Athletico and Aguero.

8. FARFAN 17

FARFAN 17 Member

Jan 29, 2005
    Back in NJ :(
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru

DAMN, I wanted him to stay a bit longer to see how he performs in Libertadores :(

9. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

It's a damn shame that a once-upon-a-time big club like Independiente, with such a great tradition, cannot hold on to a star for even a couple of years. It sucks for Argentine football. But under the circumstances, I'm glad he's going to Atletico de Madrid. Good luck to him.

10. Enganche

Enganche Red Card

Apr 30, 2003

It is a shame Aguero will be leaving Indepenediente. Of course in Argentina they say it is not yet a done deal but we all know it is inevitable that he will leave. This is the price we pay when you have inversionistas owning all or partial rights to a player. They have their own interests involved rather than the player's.

I am an Independiente fan but Aguero needs to stay in Argentina at least one more year, if not more, to develop more as both a player and as a person.

11. Leto

Leto New Member

Aug 23, 2001
    Donegal,Ireland

I thought the maximum a contract could be for was 5 years?

12. ElMuneco

ElMuneco Member

Jun 27, 2004
    Encinitas, CA
    Club:
    CA River Plate

Does this mean Independiente will be debt free? Or will they still be in the red?

13. vipnerd

vipnerd Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2003
    La Mitad + Román

From what I heard Comparada say a few weeks back, they are paying back I believe 60% of the debt ... which would write it off completely.

With the remaining they will invest in developing their youngsters and sign a few players.

Aguero's sale will give the club the chance to have a new tomorrow ... but without him. :eek:

14. leoriver

leoriver New Member

Nov 29, 2003
    en el monu

I remember in the early 90's, Independiente was the team where they had the most club members (socios) and due to poor team management wether its bad coaching, bad players, and worst of all bad administration lead to what they are today. Which is very sad. They are doing a bit better from previous years not including the year they won it all but as an Argentinean soccer fan I would like to see "el rojo" what they were before.A team with great history not only as a local but internacionally. I think they can get to what they used to be by the help of Sergio Agueros transfer to europe.

15. Godinho10

Godinho10 BigSoccer Yellow Card

Aug 19, 2005

Atletico de madrid? LOL pobre sergio.

16. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake

aguero salio ayer con la camiseta de la seleccion argentina que participa en el torneo de toulon

empate a ceros vs checos

17. bsas

bsas Member

May 27, 2004
    Switzerland
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

???

Va a jugar, Aguero? No lo vi contra Portugal...

18. vipnerd

vipnerd Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2003
    La Mitad + Román

Aguero no ha ido al torneo.

19. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake

tenes razon - pero ayer escuche un comentario de radio que parecia decir que aguero estaria con argentina
    aca esta la alineacion vs portugal:

ARGENTINA (0): Sergio Romero; Fabián Coronel, Nicolás Bianchi, Matías Cahais, Gonzalo García; Mauricio Pedano, Claudio Yacob, Damián Escudero; Maximiliano Moralez, Franco Caraccio y Mauro Zárate. Director técnico: Francisco Ferraro.

PORTUGAL (0): Pilar Christopher; Vitor Alves, Tiago Valente, Nuno André, Vitor Vinha; Joao Coimbra, Rubén Amorin, Paulo Machado; Vierinha, Joao Moreira y Yannick Djalo. Director técnico: Cacador Rui.

CAMBIOS: en el segundo tiempo: 2m. Hernán Fredes por Pedano (A); 8m. Vilela por Coimbra (P); 10m. Lautaro Acosta por Zártae (A); 13m Filipe Morais por Vierinha (P); 20m. Gastón Schmidt por Caraccio (A) y 28m. Leao por Machado (P).
    INCIDENCIAS: segundo tiempo: expulsado 21m, Gonzalo García (A).

20. Leon12

Leon12 Member+

Jan 5, 2006
    Man of the world
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Sergio Aguero

Bit bored at work today (but don't tell anyone;) , anyway I was wondering what, if anything, is happening with Sergio Aguero? Is his transfer to Athletico Madrid still on, is he going to Barca, Real Madrid, has anyone heard/read anything?

21. JuveFE

JuveFE Member

Apr 20, 2005
    Jersey
    Re: Sergio Aguero

as far as i know, he will be playing for atletico madrid next year.

i thought his transfer was already done?

22. Leon12

Leon12 Member+

Jan 5, 2006
    Man of the world
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Re: Sergio Aguero

JuveFE,

It appeared to be done and dusted but then it went all quite so I'm not sure what's happening. The fee i saw mentioned was 28 million euros. Look forward to seeing him play in La Liga.

23. Moishe

Moishe Moderator
    Staff Member

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Mar 6, 2005
    Here there and everywhere.
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

It's now a done deal.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=369484&cc=5739

Atletico agree fee for Independiente starlet

MADRID, May 29 (Reuters) - Atletico Madrid's major shareholder Miguel Angel Gil Marin has said the Primera Liga club has agreed a deal with Independiente's 17-year-old Argentine

24. BigSoccer Bot

BigSoccer Bot I am not real.

Feb 25, 2005
    [BigSoccer News] Precio récord por Agüero: 28 millones de dólares

Es la suma más alta de la historia pagada por un argentino. Y la compra más cara del Atlético. Independiente, además, retiene el 10% del pase.

Link To Original Article

25. vipnerd

vipnerd Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2003
    La Mitad + Román

Only yesterday was the transaction with Atletico Madrid for Aguero finished.

Independiente owned 75% of the player (the other 25% was by a group of agents).

The deal will bring 16 million net to the club. Also, Independiente keeps 10% of the player and will take 20% of anything top of the 19 million of a future sale of Kun. Independiente will get 6 million now and 10 million in the next 18 months.

Independiente's economy was re-estructured thru the courts. Thru that agreement, Independiente will have to pay the 7 million it owes in 10 years, starting to pay in 2 years.

The Aguero sale helps the club with fresh money to buy players, fix the stadium and for the day to day operations. Aguero has been the "economic savior" for Independiente.

Here is an article