Serbian National Team

Discussion in 'Serbia & Montenegro' started by Marko91, Jan 10, 2009.

1. Marko91

Marko91 New Member

Oct 12, 2008
    Here's a thread where we talk about WC Qualifyiers and NT friendlies. :)

We have a friendly in February agianst Cyprus. There will be a trounament in Cyprus, and us, Ukraine, Slovakia, and the host Cyprus will be playing. We play Cyprus first, and I'm sure we will beat them so we will get the winner of Ukraine-Slovakia. These will be important games to get us prepared for the qualifyier agianst Romania in March. I'm hoping to see Subotic play.

Napred Srbija!

2. serbov

serbov New Member

Jan 5, 2008
    Marakana
    This would be my full Serbian team:
    Starting XI
    Stojkovic-Ivanovic-Subotic-Vidic-Lukovic-Stankovic-Kacar-Krasic-Jovanovic-Pantelic-Zigic

Subs:
    Goalkeepers: Jorgancevic, Disljenkovic
    RB: Vranjes, Rukavina
    CB: Pejcinovic, Rajkovic, Dragutinovic
    LB: Kolarov, Obradovic
    LW: Sulejmani, Tadic
    DM: Matic, Kuzmanovic
    OM: Ninkovic, Milijas
    RM: Tosic,Jankovic
    F: Lazovic, Aleksic

3. Aco93

Aco93 New Member

Dec 20, 2008
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    It would be my team too :D

But Stankovic is injured (knee) and we don't know yet if he will be ready for the tournament. Also Milijas and Obradovic seems to have the confidence of the coach so they will probably be in the starting team.

4. Marko91

Marko91 New Member

Oct 12, 2008
    This would be my starting lineup:

----------------Stojkovic------------------
    -Ivanovic---Subotic----Vidic-----Lukovic---
    ---------Milijas---------Stankovic----------
    -----Krasic-------------------Jovanovic----
    -----------Sulejmani----Lazovic------------

I don't want to start Zigic he slows us down too much.

5. jeff070

jeff070 Member+

Dec 31, 2004
    PA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Lebanon
    who is playing today, what is the lineup i am looking forward to watch vida, aleksic, ljajic, tosic, krasic

6. Marko91

Marko91 New Member

Oct 12, 2008
    We beat Cyprus 2-0, and the goals came from Jovanovic and Lazovic. Jovanovic was the man of the match, and I'm looking forward to seeing us play Ukraine tomorow.

7. alchemist

alchemist New Member

Jan 30, 2009
    Club:
    FK Crvena Zvezda Beograd
    Nat'l Team:
    Serbia
    good result and it should serve the team well for their upcoming qualifier against Romania

its good to see Jovanovic and Lazovic score... i would have liked Subotic to have been available for this tournament

the game against Ukraine should be a good test

8. serbov

serbov New Member

Jan 5, 2008
    Marakana
    Yes I am also sorry that Subotic could not play. I think that he will help our defense a lot, especially since Antic has Phd in set-pieces and its Nevens strongest attribute. Dragutinovic was awful yesterday. Jovanovic great as always.

9. alchemist

alchemist New Member

Jan 30, 2009
    Club:
    FK Crvena Zvezda Beograd
    Nat'l Team:
    Serbia
    Dragutinovic was a good player for the NT but i think his time is over... if no Subotic, i'd rather see Ivanovic in the centre of defence with Vidic

hopefully, the Ukraine loss will sober up the team for the upcoming qualifiers... they had won well recently, but the hard games are yet to come

10. Marko91

Marko91 New Member

Oct 12, 2008
    Yea it's not that big of a deal, and it was only a friendly in which we didn't us our best lineup. I knew it would be sooner or later before we lost, but good thing we lost in a friendly instead of a World Cup qualifier.

11. delija89

delija89 New Member

Mar 12, 2009
    Australia
    Club:
    FK Crvena Zvezda Beograd
    Nat'l Team:
    Serbia
    Zigic in top form lately, 7 goals in 10 games for Racing. This is excellent for our NT, I can see him putting away a goal against Romania!

12. 0506

0506 Member

Apr 19, 2005
    FYI. Serbian Men's National Soccer team game against Austria is being broadcasted on Fox Soccer Channel (FSC) in the USA on this Saturday June 6 2009 at 11:30 am Pacific Time. Opportunity to watch Serbian Men's National Soccer team on TV does not happen very often. Enjoy it-- I will.:)

13. serbov

serbov New Member

Jan 5, 2008
    Marakana
    Hahaha I am sure USMNT fans will be cheering for Subotic with all their strength.:D Come on Subotic, just one little own goal!:p