September Friendlies (Brasil & Venezuela)

Discussion in 'Colombian National Team' started by HomietheClown, Aug 16, 2019.

1. kromekote

kromekote Member+

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    America de Cali
    not really fair statement. CQ seems to be asking him to play a bit closer to goal and to be a threat. We saw that work to perfection during Copa but I think we've said this before that having too many DFM impacts the flow of the match. I like Barrios, he's improved a lot and I would love for him to be tested in a more competitive league in Europe. For now, it's Barrios spot to lose for the NT but Lerma can also play that sole DFM spot.

HomietheClown repped this.
  2. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Yes.
    It is his first start but we have seen the same problems at River and at Villarreal when it comes to being efficient and accurate on goal.

That said, I do like the way he is utilized with Pratto at River and he has a good chemistry with JuanFer when he is healthy. So playing out to the right with another stinker up top and JuanFer behind would be ideal to me.
    However, I am not sure that we will see it within the tactics that our manager sticks to. It would have to be some sort of experiment or second half push for a goal.

3. praxis.en

praxis.en Member

May 13, 2015
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I thought the exact same thing! ahaha

Furnaccio repped this.
  4. praxis.en

praxis.en Member

May 13, 2015
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I truly hope the colombian press gives Queiroz the space to experiment and implement his style. I believe his professionalism and european mode of work will prove beneficial versus our traditional parra centric schemes that has lead us nowhere but disappointment.

I thought it was good to try new players and it was gutsy to do it against Venezuela, a team that plays to win with us. We found good players like Yairo Moreno. he played pretty well until he got yellow carded. Orejuela was good enough. I prefer an offensive winger than a player that doesnt defend or attack well. Cuadrado played surprisingly well but still has his moments of doing stupid shit in the middle of the field. Borre and Luis Diaz need to whack it before games because that stress and anxiety is making them miss some serious chances. Luis Diaz was the biggest disappointment of these friendlies. and tbh he has been an aguacate since Junior.

Either way. i am not disappointed by the team as a whole. There are a lot of things to work specially in the transition to defense where we have been caught off guard several times.

Furnaccio repped this.
  5. kromekote

kromekote Member+

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Some players like Berrio though were horrible choices to begin with. No way is Berrio>Villa even though I recognize Villa has been off form. I'm hoping he sees what we saw and realizes the drop in quality in some positions was fairly drastic. We'll see what he does with Borre.

I get that friendlies are meant to make adjustments but wow, complete line-up changes, not something I'm used to seeing.

6. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Totally agree.
    But it is kind of odd that he started Villa in both Asian friendlies in March and has not called him up or even mentioned him since.
    Hope it is just because he is not getting as much playing time at Boca as he was expecting and not some off the field training issue or locker room thing.

Furnaccio repped this.
  7. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Borre and Diaz missed chances but at the same times were very dangerous.....not like berrio that were just irrelevant....

Villa and Berrio neither both are for National team in this moment..........Berrio in nacional in libertadores was very useful scorinng.........i dislike him..........but i can understand how he is called up...and villa doesnt....

pibe10 repped this.
  8. Furnaccio

Furnaccio Member+

Feb 19, 2008
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    The NT call up process can be a riddle wrapped in an enigma sometimes especially in September.

9. praxis.en

praxis.en Member

May 13, 2015
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Some dudes we ll hope we wont see again.
    Arbeloda got erased, which is a good thing.

10. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    He is young and can get better. He needs to keep his head on the ground but was stupid to not come back to Colombia or push for a loan deal when his coach openly said he didn’t want him

pepinointer and pibe10 repped this.
  11. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I don't agree. He had one game and he sucked at it. Add the fact that he is very young, I don't see any justify reason to crucify and erase a player because of one game. today we have several goalkeepers who can be replacements and for me Arboleda should be one of them. Camilo Vargas should be also, along with Montero (the best after Ospina today), Quintana of Nacional and I also like Chaverra from Cucuta.

pepinointer repped this.
  12. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Agree regarding people said here about the wingers. Berrio was amazing in Nacional but even then I'm not sure that he was worth to be in the NT. Villa, Yimmy, Diaz, Muriel are all x5 better than Berrio. I don't think we'll see him too much in the future.

pepinointer repped this.
  13. Baal88

Baal88 Member+

May 10, 2008
    Medellin
    Club:
    Independiente Medellin
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    He's awful pibe. Don't justify him.

14. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    but young,,,and we will lose montero for a year for doping......we cant have that privileges

pibe10 repped this.
  15. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    #240 pibe10, Sep 13, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2019
    I speak in general. You cannot cancel someone, especially young, just because one game, no matter how awful he was. Should I remind you how people spoke about Medina few years ago?

pepinointer repped this.
  16. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    I read somewhere that Queiroz does not put too much stock into one game especially for young players.
    Arboleda will be called up again some day assuming he is in good form at a decent club.

17. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I also think that, not only regarding Arboleda. No one should be erased based on one match.