September Friendlies (Brasil & Venezuela)

Discussion in 'Colombian National Team' started by HomietheClown, Aug 16, 2019.

1. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Brasil has already revealed their team for Miami Gardens:

Porteros: Ederson (Manchester City), Ivan (Ponte Preta) y Ewerton (Palmeiras)
    Defensores: Alex Sandro (Juventus), Daniel Alves (Sao Paulo), Militão (Real Madrid), Fagner (Corinthians), Jorge (Santos), Marquinhos (PSG), Thiago Silva (PSG) y Samir (Udinese)
    Mediocampistas: Allan (Napoli), Arthur (Barcelona), Casemiro (Real Madrid), Fabinho (Liverpool), Lucas Paquetá (Milán) y Philippe Coutinho (Barcelona)
    Delanteros: Bruno Henrique (flamenco), David Neres (Ajax), Firmino (Liverpool), Neymar (PSG), Richarlison (Everton) y Vinicius Junior (Real Madrid).

pepinointer repped this.
  2. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Ivan Angulo of Palmeiras and Felipe Aguilar of Santos were blocked for this called up.

A pity that we are playing this match now in a friendly and not a mont ago in brasil...

crzdcolombian and pibe10 repped this.
  3. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Interesting and a deserved call for Angulo in my opinion. Worked hard and was our best player in the Sudamericano and WC. Hopefully he'll get minutes.

4. Azucarero

Azucarero Member+

May 9, 2008
    I was disappointed with Angulo at the world cup. Either way, I like calling in the kids. Coincidentally, Angulo got his first call up for Palmeiras yesterday.

HomietheClown repped this.
  5. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Agreed,

It seems like there is a pattern forming. He brought in a young fast player who can play out wide when Muriel went down in Carbonero. Now he wants to see Angulo who is also very fast and can play out wide.
    Maybe he texted his old friend Scolari and he suggested to give him a go.

On another note, never been a fan of Aguilar but hey, he is playing well at Santos so I will give him another chance.

Azucarero repped this.
  6. Azucarero

Azucarero Member+

May 9, 2008
    Yeah. And given that, I think Sinisterra is a shoe-in for these matches. Kid is doing very well at Feyenoord. Maybe even Carrascal.

7. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    It will be interesting to see how many more young guys he gives a chance to. I would not mind either one of those guys just to see what they can do but we do have veterans he may want to continue acclimating to his system too.

8. Azucarero

Azucarero Member+

May 9, 2008
    The roster is very tight right now. Really, there's not a single guy from the CA squad who should be dropped. I'd argue that Falcao should be left out since it looks like he might be going to a new team at the last minute, but he's the captain...

At this point in time, though, I see no reason in not calling a larger squad. Bring in everybody.

9. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    As Crzd always likes to bring up the Work Visa issues sometimes restrict the players that can be brought in during these USA matches. (Or at least gives us some obstacles in some cases.)

But we shall see.

crzdcolombian repped this.
  10. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    We have 4 games in 2 months there

I always felt that it was the Federations fault for the visa issues and the NT coach.

How hard is it to be like dude have a fking passport. You are in my list of 50 players or we are currently watching you. Your doing great. Please get a passport

Visa issue as well. If we are invited by the NT isn’t that the federations job?

11. Froboy69

Froboy69 Member+

Inter Milan
    Colombia
    Mar 25, 2011
    San Diego
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I remember how disappointed I was with how we got eliminated that I took a long absence from this sport. And knowing that we have 2 important friendlies makes me think that we can have a start to our coach having more time to develop.

Do we have more and more upcoming matches for the squad?

12. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    same the Chile game really disappointed me..... Pekerman is gone so what was the excuse.... plus the same Fking mistake from the Brazil 2014 game. Start players who weren't starting as some magic formula.

won't happen but I want 30+ players

Best 11 vs Brazil. Send a few back to Europe and then a mixed team against Venezuela where we can try new guys.

13. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I would like to see our strongest roster in every call up and strongest squad in every match, maybe small changes. We need to take every friendly very seriously and to come well-prepared to our host CA. We got a golden oportunidad for this golden generation to win an international tournament.

Froboy69 repped this.
  14. Azucarero

Azucarero Member+

May 9, 2008
    What are you talking about?

15. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    #15 HomietheClown, Aug 19, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2019
    It is also being reported that Stiven Mendoza has also been "blocked".
    That raises my eyebrows a bit if true, but I have always liked his style of game and his speed.

16. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Disgusting if if that is true

17. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Why?

18. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    A player that have been average to bad in all his teams...and need to change team every 6 months.....

He doesnt have national team level....as well i dont think angulo called is well deserved

pibe10 repped this.
  19. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Hope no Cristian Zapata for these games

Angulo/ Mendoza to me depends on the size of the squad

He calls 23 then yes that is unacceptable but a lot of dudes got blocked last time and didn’t get called.

He calls 30 guys.... still calling Angulo when González is tearing it up in Brazil then that seems wrong.

Cool with calling young players to mini camps or the U23 not SNT. If he stops better players from getting a shot

20. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    He fits into what Queiroz seems to be looking for though. A little fast guy on the wings that can be dangerous on counters.

I don't think he has been that bad in France:

As for National team level it is up to Queiroz to figure out if he adds something within his vision for the squad. Which may be very different than the way you or I envision Colombia player roles.

21. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I think that are much better options than this 27 years old guy that have had an unestable career..............

Better wings: Diaz, Muriel, Roger, Villa, Benedetti, Gonzalez...............

Queiroz should take these games to give more minutes to diaz, roger, cuadrado, chara, muriel and villa in these positions to better implement their idea of play. There will be space from opportunities to new ones when they really show that they can raise the level of those who already are.

22. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Yes, I agree that I would consider those guys on the wing before Mendoza.
    But Mendoza is a little bit different style wise and physique wise than those guys and maybe he thinks he adds something as a variant.
    I have said this before and I will say it again, everyone has a clean slate when it comes to the National team. Queiroz is going to look for something to add to his roster and we many not agree with all of them. But he wants to experiment.

23. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    you should make that bold part your signature, Faryd Mondragon.

24. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Yes.
    I have said it before and I will say it again. I will always say I i have said it before and I will say it again. ;)

25. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Seems like Orejuela is going to be on the team. Although reports are that Cruzeiro is requesting for Queiroz not to call him up due to some key matches in the Copa do Brasil and the Brasileiro coming up.
    (Queiroz has no obligation to listen to them though and we need to find a RB..)