Sept 3,2005: Just blow it off like me

Discussion in 'USA Men' started by Chowderhead, Aug 26, 2005.

1. Chowderhead

Chowderhead Member

Aug 3, 1999
    Central Falls, RI
    Like many others, I've been sweating the TV arrangements for the Mexico game. Complicating logistical matters for me is the fact that we have our annual family reunion at my brother's place that weekend. Now, I've skipped out on La Familia before so that I could go to this game or that game. But, no more. FAMILY COMES FIRST.

My brother does not have a dish. Nor are Tele or Uni offered on our local cable. My brother is not a soccer fan so he doesn't have FSC. So, I've been trying to figure out how the hell I'm going to see this game live. Of course, it's hard to do that when no one has a clue who is going to show it but I could have, at this point, at least considered options. I can't even do that.

I've come to a conclusion: I NO LONGER GIVE A RAT'S ASS. I COULDN'T CARE LESS ANYMORE. IF THEY CAN'T STRAIGHTEN OUT THE TV ARRANGEMENTS, SCREW THE USSF AND THEIR RINKY DINKY LITTLE NATIONAL TEAM.

I'm not going to blow off my family just so I can watch Mr. Al Dente's masters of schlepp. None of them deserve for me to go the extra mile.

It never occured to me that blowing the whole thing off was an option. I've seen the light.

FEA.

2. alexdergrosse

alexdergrosse New Member

Jun 15, 2001
    Northern VA
    Up too early on a Friday morning, are we?

3. Chowderhead

Chowderhead Member

Aug 3, 1999
    Central Falls, RI
    Yeah, I've got three pain in the ass situations to resolve here before 11:30. Wouldn't you think that I could find just a little solace in knowing that I could politely disappear into my brother's studio next week for two hours and watch the US-Mexico game, beer in hand? Can't even do that anymore.

I swear that I'm going to nut someone from the Federation, SUM and ESPN. Did you see that, FBI?

FEA.

4. alexdergrosse

alexdergrosse New Member

Jun 15, 2001
    Northern VA
    I had missed all the turmoil over ESPN Classic becoming TBD, so I now have a better sense of your building anger. Not a wonderful situation, but I am with the camp that believe ESPN Classic will show it in the end.

As for blowing it off and saying screw it - yeah, I can buy that. It is a frustrating life being a US soccer fan, and sometimes there isn't enough alcohol in the world to cope with the pain of not being able to watch the game you want when it's on. Not to mention explain to friends and family that you need to drive an hour to watch a game when there's a bar across the street.

But, don't throw in the towel. Just keep drinking heavily and when you come out of the haze in a week, everything will be okay. If not, buy a gun and end it.

5. Ultra Peanut

Ultra Peanut New Member

Jun 3, 2004
    Achewood
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If it makes you feel any better, watching the match live, in any language, is not now and never was an option for me. I'll be at a wedding in Austin, with a 6pm CDT start for the ceremony. I've asked for text updates from those in the New England delegation attending the match, but when it came down to it, I've known the couple getting married longer than I've been a fan, so I'm off to Texas.

6. The Magpie

The Magpie Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Cambridge, MA
    Thanks for the reminder: I'll make sure to text updates.

The Magpie

7. Zathras

Zathras Member

Jun 16, 2003
    Minneapolis
    Speaking to Sean Wheelock on Wednesday night, he was confident that ESPN Classic would end up showing the match live. That's all I can say.

8. Chowderhead

Chowderhead Member

Aug 3, 1999
    Central Falls, RI
    You guys are all the greatest. Thanks for being there for me.

Classic live? YEAH, MON.

9. Beadling Boy

Beadling Boy Member

Mar 11, 2000
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thought I'd see you at the T&T match in Hartford, Chowder - We'll have to catch up over some cervezas next time . . .

10. Chowderhead

Chowderhead Member

Aug 3, 1999
    Central Falls, RI
    We might have to, Limeño. Suave, ve?

11. CrewBeat

CrewBeat Be Massive My Friends

Jul 27, 2004
    Manhattan
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Here's the current TV schedule for all ESPN networks on 9/3 at 7:30, tv schedule

Currently 'Battle Lines: Conn/Louis I', 'Bad Boys and Good Men' and 'Classic Drive Thru' fill the live spot for the game on Classic. :(

12. HogDaddy

HogDaddy Member

Mar 27, 2001
    St. Charles, MO
    I just checked the USsoccer web site and it has Telemundo and TBD for the US v Mexico game. That's a change from yesterday when it was just TBD. So it appears that many will be able to see it live with Spanish announcers. I'm still hoping for Classic.

13. Foosinho

Foosinho New Member

Jan 11, 1999
    New Albany, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Scheduling their wedding against a US-Mexico qualifier? Those people are not your friends.

14. Ronaldo's Idol

Jun 13, 2004

Ha!

15. Supersuperman99

Supersuperman99 New Member

Oct 28, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Telemundo is avaliable practicly everywhere in the country. If your cable op. doesnt have it then bring out the old rabbit ears seriously I was in Las Vegas for the US-Eng and Had two ways to watch it so the Telemundo is avaliable you just got to improvise.

16. eric_appleby

eric_appleby Member+

Jun 11, 1999
    Down East
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Hey, what happened to Celebrity Bass Fishing?
    I'm outraged!

17. Lothar is 1

Lothar is 1 Member+

Oct 21, 1999
    That doesn't sound right... I am almost 100% positive they'll rearrange the schedule... to show yet another Mohammed Ali fight...