Seongnam Chunma vs Al Ittihad [R]

Discussion in 'Korea' started by Korean Tiger, Nov 24, 2004.

1. Korean Tiger

Korean Tiger Member

Oct 6, 2004
    Seoul, Korea
    AFC Champions League Final

Al Ittihad (KSA) 1 - 3 Seongnam Ilhwa Chunma (KOR) :D

Dispite the unqualified Iranian referee, Seongnam has just defeated Al Ittihad of Saudi Arabia 3-1 at away match in Jeddah. The Champions League trophy is near at Seongnam's hand.

Lee Seong-nam (aka Denis Laktionov) scored a tremendous goal with a long-distance dribble at the 27th minute. Seongnam conceded an equalizer by a header from a corner-kick just one minute later. In the second half, however, Kim Do-hoon and Jang Hak-young scored one goal each, leading a 3-1 victory.

The second leg will be held in Seongnam on December 1.

2. cosmicbutthairs

Sep 9, 2004
    bAH! Its just the Saudis! :D
    Seongnam. Who are these guys?!?!? What an incredible turn of events.

3. the_13th_redneck

the_13th_redneck BigSoccer Yellow Card

Sep 3, 2002
    Maybe this will shut the Saudis up for a while. They're crap at International AND Club level.

4. Almogavar92

Almogavar92 New Member

Aug 17, 2001
    USA
    Club:
    Galatasaray SK
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    !

************ YEAH! I hope Seongnam destroys Ittihad in the return leg. Bring back the Asian championship back to where it belongs!!

5. Holyjoe

Holyjoe Member

Jul 15, 2003
    ROK/SCO
    That was a belter of a goal by Laktionov... of course, he learned everything from his time at Suwon ;)

So despite being crap in the K-League Seongnam have won the Samsung Hauzen Cup, A3 Champions Cup and look set to add the Asian Champions League to that too in 2004.

Not a bad return I guess...

6. Shawshank

Shawshank New Member

Oct 25, 2004
    Why Unqualified Iranian ref?

Also, I don't really care about CHampions League, it's all fixed anyways.
    Good luck to Korea team but I have a feeling Al-Ittihad is actually gonna come back with a surprise next game.

7. Korean Tiger

Korean Tiger Member

Oct 6, 2004
    Seoul, Korea
    I don't know whether other Iranian referees are good or not. But this Iranian guy, Masoud Moradi, was one of the worst refs I've ever seen. He was an extra player for Al Ittihad. You should have watched that game to see how your fellow countryman was unfair on the pitch.

Could you tell me why you don't care about AFC Champions League? Is it because all of Iranian clubs didn't make it to the quarter-finals?

By the way, I don't think Al Ittihad can come back from two-goal deficit. Even if Al Ittihad defeats Seongnam 2-0 in the next game, they can't win the title because Seongnam already scored three goals at away match. Are the Saudis accustomed to playing in the cold weather below freezing? I don't think so.

8. Deleted Users

Deleted Users Member+

Nov 25, 2001
    Well to be honest, Al Ittihad was the better team by a great margin. If Crap Cha Gyeong-bok resorts to his defensive tactics again, we might actually be in for a great surprise.

9. WuTang2002

WuTang2002 Member

Mar 13, 2002
    Bundang, Korea
    Any links to video highlights? goal clips?

10. the_13th_redneck

Sep 3, 2002
    How can you be the better team by a big margin and still lose 3-1?

11. Soju Gorae

Soju Gorae New Member

You can't be the better team when losing by 3 goals. I didn't see the game, but it sounds as though it was a tactical victory.

12. Deleted Users

Deleted Users Member+

Nov 25, 2001
    Well Seongnam's three goals were due to apparent apathy and bitter carelessness and fatigue of transitioning from offense of defense from Al Ittihad. Al Ittihad dominated the game and the better chances to score ( unlucky for them that they didnt ). Instead of saying that Seongnam played a great game, I'd like to say Al Ittihad played a poor game. Seongnam was a mediocre team, at best, this season, and their level of play, was dissapointing against Al Ittihad. Al Ittihad proved their wrath against Jeonbuk ( a team that I can safely say, is a better team than Seongnam ), eliminating them in Jeonju by scoring two goals in the second half, one of them being an overtime goal, and placed themselves in their rightfully earned spot against Seongnam. Bottom line is that you don't have to be the better team to win by three goals. We'll see what happens Seongnam Multi-complex this second leg to see once and for all who the better side is.

13. Mani

Mani BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 1, 2004
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    The "unqualified Iranian referee" was the AFC referee of the year in 2003 and is again nominated for the 2004 AFC referee of the year.

14. Hyok

Hyok Member+

Sep 4, 2002
    California
    I guess, like players, referees can have off games too.

15. Korean Tiger

Korean Tiger Member

Oct 6, 2004
    Seoul, Korea
    Is that why most of Iranians hate the AFC? :D
    I know they don't trust the AFC at all. Maybe they think the AFC is an abbreviation for 'Arab Football Association'. ;)

16. cha doo ri

cha doo ri Member

Jul 17, 2004
    L.A.
    can someone put up seongnams starting line up?? thnx

17. Holyjoe

Holyjoe Member

Jul 15, 2003
    ROK/SCO
    For tonight:

[​IMG]

;)

18. Deleted Users

Deleted Users Member+

Nov 25, 2001
    Holyjoe are you going to the game ?

19. Holyjoe

Holyjoe Member

Jul 15, 2003
    ROK/SCO
    Na, I can't.. working until 8pm. Though I work near Jamshil and it's only around 20 minutes to Moran from there.. technically I could nip down and catch the extra time and penalties ;)

20. Deleted Users

Deleted Users Member+

Nov 25, 2001
    I moved to Jamsil myself and am debating whether I should go down there by myself

21. Elliad

Elliad Member

Jun 22, 2002
    Sydney, Australia
    5:0 defeat to Ittihad, at home. What the F*** was that.

22. the_13th_redneck

Sep 3, 2002
  23. Holyjoe

Holyjoe Member

Jul 15, 2003
    ROK/SCO
    I think (but not 100% sure) that was the Ilhwa Chunma team's heaviest defeat ever, in all their various guises.

Oooops.

24. rkim291968

rkim291968 New Member

Oct 6, 2004
    CA, USA
    I don't believe it. At home, no less.

25. cha doo ri

cha doo ri Member

Jul 17, 2004
    L.A.

is this freakin for real?? WTF 5:0 at home?!! after having a 3:1 aggregate lead i was sure that seongnam will win the afc title.......damn, 5:0?! wtf happened?? coach put up a 2nd team or something?? or they just got owned??