Seol not doing well at Wolves it seems

Discussion in 'Korea' started by the_13th_redneck, Oct 24, 2004.

1. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Okey do that, thx..

2. Hyok

Hyok Member+

Sep 4, 2002
    California
    I'm really impressed that it was with his left foot this time.

3. Kimsuyun

Kimsuyun New Member

Feb 7, 2004
    Wolves will have their hands full but the FA cup is full of surprises and upsets.

4. K:thecore

K:thecore Member+

May 20, 2002
    Honolulu
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Yeah I noticed that too, Hyok. The guy is complete.

5. the_13th_redneck

the_13th_redneck BigSoccer Yellow Card

Sep 3, 2002
    Well it was quite clear from his Anderlecht days, he is comfortable with both feet.

6. Quirky_Birky

Quirky_Birky Member

Wolverhampton Wanderers
    Sep 15, 2004
    The Peak District, England
    The FA Cup game between Wolves and Arsenal will be at 15:00 GMT on Saturday 29th January.

I'm not confident - we conceded 11 goals to them in total last season (including 2 league games and a 5:1 defeat in the League Cup to a mixture of Arsenal reserves and youth team players).

A possible point of interest - Wolves have had a decent FA Cup record, defeating a number of Premier League teams in recent years (including Newcastle two years ago) - Wolves reached the semi final of the FA Cup back in 1998, only to lose to Arsenal 1:0. Wolves have won the FA Cup 4 times, but not since 1960.

7. the_13th_redneck

Sep 3, 2002
    Does anyone know if this will be televised in Korea?

8. bjk31

bjk31 New Member

Oct 2, 2003
    If this match will be certainly televised in England, viewers living in Korea will watch this game on SKYLIFE's STAR sports or MBC-ESPN.

9. Quirky_Birky

Quirky_Birky Member

Wolverhampton Wanderers
    Sep 15, 2004
    The match is unlikely to be televised in England as it is at 15:00 on the Saturday. The televised games tend to be at other times so that they don't affect attendances in the other games. It may well be shown outside of England though.

10. PacMan

PacMan Member

May 18, 2004
    Any got clips of Seol's third goal.......please :)

11. yimmy

yimmy Moderator

Aug 23, 2004
    California
  12. bjk31

bjk31 New Member

Oct 2, 2003
  13. bjk31

bjk31 New Member

Oct 2, 2003
    WOW
    Wolves won West Ham United 4-2 and Seol Ki Hyeon recorded 2 assists against West Ham United .
    Many fans was likely to give MOTM to Seol Ki Hyeon.

Unlike last match, Seol Ki Hyeon seemed to show good play in second half too.

14. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Great :)

Btw, why dont we continue on the other Seol thread ? The Seol doing well at Wolves one ?

15. Quirky_Birky

Quirky_Birky Member

Wolverhampton Wanderers
    Sep 15, 2004
    Yes, he had another good game - two of his crosses led to goals, and he caused West Ham problems all afternoon, going past defenders with ease. I wouldn't argue against giving him the MOTM, and the fans were chanting his name at one point (I think they're struggling to find a song that will fit his name in!).

It was our first league win for ages, and despite the low crowd at last week's FA Cup game, there was an attendance of 28,400 - not far off the capacity of Molineux. Some of the players are struggling with the midfield diamond, but Seol has taken to it well and on this form, his position in the team is assured.

16. cappuccino_kid

Oct 23, 2001
    Charlotte NC
    After seeing (just) the goals on Sky Sports News, I'd have to say the first cross that led to Miller's goal wasn't exactly a good cross. It went past the goal and I thought Miller did a good job to get a foot on it and the West Ham goalie, well I don't know what he was doing on that.

The second cross (Cort's goal) did look like other Seol assists so far with Wolves -- Just blows by a guy down the wing and whips a cross inside the 6 yard box for someone to tap in.

17. Deleted Users

Deleted Users Member+

Nov 25, 2001
    From the excerpts of Guus Hiddink's diary-like observations of his stay in Korea for 2 years, My Life, he comments on Seol that his character is naive yet bold and daring at the same time. My interpretation of this comment is that Seol is rather weak to insults and other negative remarks, but can fly when he is praised and appreciated. I hope his career in England would be consistent one. Good Luck Seol. You're just starting to pick up.

18. yimmy

yimmy Moderator

Aug 23, 2004
    California
    I read on one of the wolves message boards that all of the teammates gathered around seol after one of his assists so it looks like he's got a good rapport with his teammates.

19. Quirky_Birky

Quirky_Birky Member

Wolverhampton Wanderers
    Sep 15, 2004
    At least 2 times during a match, he has given the opposing fans some ironic applause, which would support those comments. The Wolves fans think that's great though (we're a small minded bunch!).

Hoddle says that he needs to work on the defensive side of his game, and to be fair to Seol, he does seem to be doing more when Wolves don't have possession.

As Yimmy said, he was congratulated by quite a few of the Wolves players after one of the goals. I think it was after Miller's goal, as I'm sure I remember Miller running over to him (after he'd done his own celebrating).

20. Quirky_Birky

Quirky_Birky Member

Wolverhampton Wanderers
    Sep 15, 2004
    http://icbirmingham.icnetwork.co.uk/wolves/news/tm_objectid=15086329%26method=full%26siteid=50002%26headline=seol%2din%2dsalute%2dto%2d%2dcrazy%2d%2dskipper%2d-name_page.html

Hopefully this link works - it's an article on the icbirmingham website. It's quite amusing, commenting on Ince's "crazy" playing style (there was a similar article on the official Wolves.co.uk site):

"Paul Ince was always a big name in South Korea when I was young and he is still very famous over there," said Seol.
    "When I first saw him in training I thought he was a very good man, but then in matches he goes crazy, shouting at everybody.
    "In the beginning I thought he was crazy but now I understand why he does it and it helps us on."

He also says the following - I think it shows in his recent performances:
    "At first I was very nervous about making mistakes but now I am more confident," he said.

21. the_13th_redneck

Sep 3, 2002
    Superb :) Keep up the good work Seol!

22. bjk31

bjk31 New Member

Oct 2, 2003
  23. the_13th_redneck

Sep 3, 2002
    Nice clip :) Thanks