Senior Team Discussion

Discussion in 'Italy: National Teams' started by Vieri's Left Foot, Dec 3, 2023.

1. Rossonero23

Rossonero23 BigSoccer Yellow Card

Sep 9, 2010
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Sassuolo will be in the 5th division in 2 years. Totally forgotten

Udinese and hellas have history so I prefer them staying up.

2. AGomes

AGomes Member+

Juventus
    Brazil
    Aug 29, 2023
    Yes. PK was clear. Udinese player was attempting to stab the ball in from a few Meters and was pulled back by an Empoli player. Took a long time to sort it, plus Empoli's goal was late which is why it went over 104 Minutes. Good Officating and VAR, rest assured.

Empoli played like trash but they seemed more dangerous on the few chances they created. Udinese played better, it has to be said.

3. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Udinese hasn’t been in the Serie B since like 1995 so I’m sure the FIGC wants them to stay up because they are a semi important club.

You would think though , after making all the noise since the 90’s , they could have won a trophy or two.

Then again Atalanta has also been all flash and no finish and they never won a thing yet.

Hopefully , on Wednesday! :thumbsup:

Rossonero23 and AGomes repped this.
  4. AGomes

AGomes Member+

Juventus
    Brazil
    Aug 29, 2023
    Many teams at the EC have already announced their Rosters. Will Spalletti wait until after the last Round or will he do it this week?

5. AGomes

AGomes Member+

Juventus
    Brazil
    Aug 29, 2023
    Pietro Pellegri

Here's hoping his injury issues are a thing of the past. As step in the right direction as he played over 20 matches this season. At 23 YO, still all ahead of him if he keeps healthy.

thorus and indestructible repped this.
  6. nunzio23

nunzio23 Member

Juventus
    Italy
    Jul 16, 2021
    Freaking Udinese. Yes it was a clear penalty, no it should not have even happenned as we were in the 7th minute of extra time. I just KNEW Udinese would pull that out with a lifeline.

We need Empoli to win at home against a motivated Roma (not happening) and Udinese to not win.

This sucks

7. AGomes

AGomes Member+

Juventus
    Brazil
    Aug 29, 2023
    That FK launched ball in the box was going to be it. If Empoli clear that ball, they win it.

8. AGomes

AGomes Member+

Juventus
    Brazil
    Aug 29, 2023
    Most prevented goals from Europe’s top 25 leagues this season per 90 minutes:

Gianluigi Donnarumma - 0.37
    Balázs Tóth - 0.32
    Etienne Vaessen - 0.29

9. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Empoli might not make it but either way, these will be exciting games...

Frosinone Udinese

Empoli Roma

10. AGomes

AGomes Member+

Juventus
    Brazil
    Aug 29, 2023
    FOX Sports in the USA

Giorgio Chiellini will be a part of FOX's studio coverage of the European Championships.

Not sure if they will have him on just for Italy's matches or if he's there every day across all matches.

Despite having a face made for radio, this is a fantastic get for FOX.

When he made the comment that he was staying in LA for the time being, had an inkling he'd do coverage. Just like Del Piero does occasional segments for ESPN.

11. Rossonero23

Sep 9, 2010
    Club:
    AC Milan
    French league is shit though. Dolla never under serious pressure.

BTW Univision commentators despise il gigio. They said current keylor is a better Goalie. I despise ******** dolla but that is insane

12. Rossonero23

Sep 9, 2010
    Club:
    AC Milan
    They'll all be sucking English c0ck. It might actually go home . Praying it dont!

13. johnny6

johnny6 Member+

AC Milan
    Italy
    Jun 29, 2011
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    They're not winning anything in our lifetime, Brazil's back up squad beat them at home and Brazil isn't very good these days.

14. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    He has played good in the past two games

15. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Sadly the Squinzi family have enough money to make them competitive enough to come back quickly.

16. AGomes

AGomes Member+

Juventus
    Brazil
    Aug 29, 2023
    #1716 AGomes, May 20, 2024
    Last edited: May 20, 2024
    Why the hate on Sassuolo?

The little that I do know of American coverage in this sport, it is highly England-centric. Kinda see it on this website. All good. Common language has a lot to do with it. I imagine an overload of buzz phrases such "pace", "get stuck in", "cracker", "but can they do that on a rainy Tuesday in Stoke?", "is the kettle on?".

Sometimes they do get others on their coverage. I recall Michael Ballack one particular tournament who didn't hold back and had his own ideas on what he was seeing. Didn't Sami Khedira do coverage on US TV in 2021? I do recall him openly saying he wanted Italy to win because of his Juve teammates. Forza Sami.

Rossonero23 repped this.
  17. Rossonero23

Sep 9, 2010
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Epl obsessed premfaces. Bleeds into commentary. Nil nil, a cracking goal. For awhile they had a British guy doing usmnt matches because stupid Americans find the accent cool.

Stuart holden Tim Howard etc whoever on tv suck English c0ck and really despise Italian soccer lol

18. AGomes

AGomes Member+

Juventus
    Brazil
    Aug 29, 2023
    #1718 AGomes, May 20, 2024
    The guy who does it now in the USA is Luke Wileman. He's real good.

He does MLS PBP here in Canada. He still does. Some of these guy and gals moonlight to other networks. He will be the in-studio host for coverage here.

For PBP, here they just use the UEFA English language feed. Same PBP that most English speaking countries will use.

Alejandro Moreno over on ESPN is the same way. Mort Venezuelan who observes when the rest of the crew hate on calcio, then he joins in. This is why I like it when Don Hutchison is on. He loves the Italian game. Derek Rae, Germanophile Scotsman, ESPN crew almost had a heart attack when he told them Bayern Munich will eliminate Arsenal. Which they did.

19. AGomes

AGomes Member+

Juventus
    Brazil
    Aug 29, 2023
    Leverkuson will also play the German Cup Final on Saturday against 2 Bundesliga team, Kaiserslautan. Who struggled for a lot of this year and at one point could have Relegated to the 3rd Tier.

Hope Atalanta wins and tires out the Leverkusen players to the benefit of Kaiserslautan.

20. AGomes

AGomes Member+

Juventus
    Brazil
    Aug 29, 2023
    Another Italian site (90min) has their projected 26 that doesn't include Orsolini. The 3rd such projected list I've seen.

How does 9 Goals from your #7 in about 1,100 Minutes not get you a spot? A player that also takes PK's and FK's. Considering El Sha is projected ahead of him?

21. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    #1721 falvo, May 20, 2024
    Other than maybe the FA Cup in England, domestic cup tournaments don’t mean all that much.

At least not until the final round.

I'm wondering though if in the future, UEFA will reconsider domestic cup winners and instead of the Europa, have each cup winner qualify automatically for the Champions League?

I think it would give each domestic cup more importance and will also help increase revenues and attendance for that competition.

22. AGomes

AGomes Member+

Juventus
    Brazil
    Aug 29, 2023
    I don't agree with this at all.

Report out says Spalletti will name a Preliminary squad on Thurday. Could be up to 30 players that will include Immobile. Then cuts will be made from this list.

What's the point of this? While other teams have announced their 26, including Croatia today, Italy still almost a week away from a Preliminary squad?

Just announce 26 on Sunday Night after the last round or Monday morning. Is he going to bring them all to Coverciano for Training and the 2 Friendlies as well?

Also, have difficulty in understanding how it is Zaccagni is still considered on the outs on many lists. Who would be backup to Chiesa?

23. Rossonero23

Sep 9, 2010
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Does Derek Rae speak german?? Kidding. He's really into German soccer.

Don't like morenobat all or thar liverpool guy.

24. AGomes

AGomes Member+

Juventus
    Brazil
    Aug 29, 2023
    Really a nothing match for Juve today so part of me is enjoying Calafiori's performance. Sky's the limit.

indestructible repped this.
  25. AGomes

AGomes Member+

Juventus
    Brazil
    Aug 29, 2023
    I feel like a proud father as I mentioned him back in September. Roma are so foolish.

Fagioli On for the first time this season. Fabbian and Orsolini also.

Gino22 repped this.