Senior Team Discussion

Discussion in 'Italy: National Teams' started by Vieri's Left Foot, Dec 3, 2023.

1. AGomes

AGomes Member+

Juventus
    Brazil
    Aug 29, 2023
    Was thinking about that however if they increase the number of spots from 23 to 26, coupled with teams being able to make 5 substitutions, is Raspadori's versatility really going to be needed?

Only way that's a Yes is if they decide to make in-game adjustments.

Of course, something I didn't mention in the OP because I didn't look it up, is just how many Minutes each have played. Pinamonti may have more goals but he surely has more Minutes played, albeit for a worse team.

2. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Udogie is out for the season and will miss the Euros

3. AGomes

AGomes Member+

Juventus
    Brazil
    Aug 29, 2023
    Just logged in for that.

So that's Udogie to go along with Berardi out.

Damn, would have given him some much needed experience.

So backup to Dimarco? Cambiaso was on the Left yesterday versus Cagliari so there's that. His chances to make the cut improve and if it's for the Left, opens up Bellanova for the Right. Spina? Biraghi? Emerson seems to be on the outs this cycle.

4. Vieri#9

Vieri#9 Member

Real Madrid
    Italy
    Oct 22, 2023
    Spina has been playing well lately, he would be my pick.

5. Mean Machine

Mean Machine Member+

May 23, 2018
    I agree! I say Spinazzola!

6. johnny6

johnny6 Member+

AC Milan
    Italy
    Jun 29, 2011
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Fazzini really impressed me yesterday, I hope he continues to grow.

7. nunzio23

nunzio23 Member

Juventus
    Italy
    Jul 16, 2021
    Cambiasso is a shoe in now if he wasn't already as his versatility can have him on either flank. Ge's probably a better LB to be honest. As others have mentioned Spinna should 100% be on this squad provided he is healthy. He still has that devastating pace even if he has lost a half a step and can always get himself free for a good cross.

8. nunzio23

nunzio23 Member

Juventus
    Italy
    Jul 16, 2021
    Well Hellas won yesterday due to ITALIAN Diego Coppola but at least they beat Udinese. Sassuolo dropped a very doable point or 3 against Lecce so now it is up to Frosinone to put them in the drop zone.

Udinese is the one I wanted relegated all along...lol

Alex101 repped this.
  9. AGomes

AGomes Member+

Juventus
    Brazil
    Aug 29, 2023
    #1434 AGomes, Apr 21, 2024
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2024
    Watched the 2nd Half of that. 93rd Minute by Coppola -- dagger. Somehow I believe Udinese survive. Anyways, Verona are only slightly better than Udinese in fielding Italians. They shouldn't be given a pass.

Regarding Spinazzola. If we were to rely on him as a Starter and play heavy Minutes on short days rest I wouldn't have too much confidence in that. But if to play spot Minutes as Dimarco's backup (which is what it will be), I'm all for it. Spina more enterprising in Attack, Biraghi more sound Defensively. Really going to depend on which system Spalletti employs (with or without wingbacks).

If it stays at 23 players, and he plays with wingbacks won't really matter as the spot will surely go to Cambiaso, Spina out.

- Zaniolo out of the Lineup today. Listed as having a "knock". Really no more information out there that I could find about his injury.

- Pafundi started the 2nd Half for Lausanne who were by that time already trailing 2-0.

EDIT: Cambiaso has been anything extraordinary the last 3 Months. Juve's bad form has seen every player play bad at one time or another.

Pambiero repped this.
  10. Vieri's Left Foot

Roma
    Italy
    Jun 8, 2022
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Assuming Berardi comes back and can still play at a high level, he has to go somewhere else. He's given everything to Sassuolo, and now he's going to be in Serie B in his early thirties, if he stays there.

11. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I would run with Cambiaso over Spina for the simple fact that he's younger and it's more important to "create the group" now. Like I said in earlier posts, the WC should be the focus

calabrese8 repped this.
  12. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    #1437 indestructible, Apr 21, 2024
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2024
    If he wanted to remain in a minnow team with low stress and no pressure, then maybe Serie B is where he belongs. Nico had multiple chances to move to bigger clubs. He rejected Juve 3 times. Lazio last summer. When Juve finally did want him, the asking price was too high. I'm frustrated by him because he could have been a better player.

And that's another thing, Scamsuolo were a charming team 10 years ago. It seemed like a great pitstop team where good young talent played a couple of seasons and moved on to better things. Instead they got too greedy. Every second player's worth was between 30-40 million yet they couldn't even sniff the conference league spot. It's a great thing if they get relegated.

420350028_122129987258222815_2662930215163000663_n.jpg

13. AGomes

AGomes Member+

Juventus
    Brazil
    Aug 29, 2023
    Bentornato Gaetano Castrovilli

A shame that he has been derailed by injuries but he played 70 Minutes today, his first match of the season.

In the WC or UNL cycle, I hope he can challenge Pellegrini for a spot. He was reduced to cheerleader status in 2020(2021) but at 27 YO he still has time for 1 more tournament.

14. AGomes

AGomes Member+

Juventus
    Brazil
    Aug 29, 2023
    What complicates matters is Berardi is their Captain. I don't believe they were in the Relegation spots when his season ended. I could see him stay with them in B. Which would see an end to his career in Azzurro. Or until they get back up.

Vieri's Left Foot repped this.
  15. Vieri's Left Foot

Roma
    Italy
    Jun 8, 2022
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Honestly, I don't care what Berardi does, at this point. He's not going to be a viable option for Italy for at least 1-1.5 years.

What would make me sick is for Volpato and Pinamonti to stick at Sassuolo next season. The NT can't afford these guys, especially Volpato, to basically get held back a grade. Volpato needs to be in bigger and more competitive situations every new season.

Is Volpato on loan from Roma, or is he actually under contract with Sassuolo, now?

16. calabrese8

calabrese8 Member+

Feb 9, 2008
    Vancouver
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I believe Volpato transferred and was not loaned from Roma. So he'll have to be sold along again you'd figure.

Vieri's Left Foot repped this.
  17. Vieri's Left Foot

Roma
    Italy
    Jun 8, 2022
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Sassuolo better be willing to offload the Italian guys who are too good to be in Serie B, and there better be interest from the 7 squads that are going to be in UCL, Europa, and Europa Conference.

One of those teams needs to go get Casadei, too.

18. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Volpato could use a season in Serie B. It certainly wouldn’t hurt him especially if he’s starting every game

19. AGomes

AGomes Member+

Juventus
    Brazil
    Aug 29, 2023
    26 Player squad sized to be confirmed later this week.

Gino22 repped this.
  20. Jeremy Goodwin

Jeremy Goodwin Member+

SSC Napoli
    Feb 16, 1999
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    SportsMediaset is now reporting that this request was approved.

21. calabrese8

calabrese8 Member+

Feb 9, 2008
    Vancouver
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Scamacca with another highlight reel goal + 2 assists in the Coppa today as they advance to the finals.

Vieri#9, Vieri's Left Foot and afar repped this.
  22. Vieri#9

Vieri#9 Member

Real Madrid
    Italy
    Oct 22, 2023
    Sorry Retegui, Scamacca must start. There is no more debate. He is special.

calabrese8 and afar repped this.
  23. johnny6

johnny6 Member+

AC Milan
    Italy
    Jun 29, 2011
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Wow...
    What a game by Scamacca, I watced the whole thing not just the highlights and he was simply outstanding. I hope his form continues, when he's on it he's world class.

calabrese8, Vieri#9 and afar repped this.
  24. nunzio23

nunzio23 Member

Juventus
    Italy
    Jul 16, 2021
    Scamacca is becoming an absolute machine. Keeping him out in March has motivated him in a huge way and he's showing he can lead Italy for the next few cycles if this form can be any near consistent. And it's not just scoring goals...his service and hold up play is top notch as well He's got great touch

Vieri#9, Vieri's Left Foot and afar repped this.
  25. AGomes

AGomes Member+

Juventus
    Brazil
    Aug 29, 2023
    He also smashed one in, top bin, from outside the box but it was ruled off for a Foul by another player in the buildup to the goal.