Senior Team Discussion

Discussion in 'Italy: National Teams' started by Vieri's Left Foot, Dec 3, 2023.

1. calabrese8

calabrese8 Member+

Feb 9, 2008
    Vancouver
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    no more major injuries please...

[​IMG]

Vieri's Left Foot repped this.
  2. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    They will never get over the best football show to ever be broadcast on their shores was Football Italia.

calabrese8 repped this.
  3. TorontoCalabria

Fiorentina
    Italy
    Sep 12, 2018
    because there is no Barella and Fagioli and Albania will only attack with one striker Spalletti will play a 4231. Which makes sense because you don't want Cristante and an extra CB in a 3421 against Albania when they will just playa low block. I want the 3421 because of our fullbacks but in this case it is needed to switch.

(4-2-3-1): Donnarumma; Di Lorenzo, Mancini, Bastoni, Dimarco; Jorginho, Cristante; Frattesi, Pellegrini, Chiesa; Scamacca

--------------------------------Donnarumma
    --------Di Lorenzo------Mancini------Bastoni----Di Marco
    ---------------------------Cristante----Jorginho
    -----------------Fratessi-----Pellegrini-------Chiesa
    -----------------------------------Scamacca

So this is the expected 11 and it makes sense because you may as well get both Pellegrini and Fratessi out there to try and find a goal. Again I really hope we move to the 3421 with Barrella Jorginho Cambiaso because that is our best 11 so hopefully after this game we see that shape but to get the job done this makes sense. Expect an ugly game though.

Vieri's Left Foot repped this.
  4. TorontoCalabria

Fiorentina
    Italy
    Sep 12, 2018
    I think it's precautionary/tactical with Fagioli and Barrella to a large extent. If this were a knock out they would be playing. With how Albania will play there is no need to risk it.

calabrese8 repped this.
  5. Vieri's Left Foot

Roma
    Italy
    Jun 8, 2022
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I expect more 14-yard volleys from Frattesi.

6. azzurri06

azzurri06 Member

Apr 4, 2007
    san francisco
    Has anyone in the world ever purchased a Cristante jersey?

La Magica and Vieri's Left Foot repped this.
  7. TorontoCalabria

Fiorentina
    Italy
    Sep 12, 2018
    well his parents probably got the for free so no.

Nabolidaboli repped this.
  8. AGomes

AGomes Member+

Juventus
    Brazil
    Aug 29, 2023
    Indeed I commented on the lack of a hard man in the middle of the pitch when the squad was announced.

Locatelli would have come in handy for this. To me has to be Cristante/ Flororunsho.

What's more, the opening days of camp Jorginho made the comment that Fagioli has to play with more intensity. Quite something when Jorginho makes this observation. Then on the back end shithousery overload between Mancini & Gatti.

9. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  10. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Time to rename the thread to Euro 2024!

11. Pambiero

Pambiero Member

Juventus
    Italy
    Mar 21, 2021
    Is Fagioli actually the only one who can replace Jorginho? Do we have anyone else who can play this position?

12. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    @Nainggolan. Without him, they would never get printed.

Nainggolan repped this.
  13. calabrese8

calabrese8 Member+

Feb 9, 2008
    Vancouver
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Cristante. (He can, I’m not saying good lol)

14. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    #2489 La Magica, Jun 14, 2024
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2024
    If they can avoid him having any responsibility to try and play under pressure he can do an ok job as long as he keeps it simple at all times. When he starts getting a bit to confident, thats when trouble is seconds away :(. He has his qualities as well. He is vocal, is a good teammate who no matter what gives you 100 and has the leader personality who doesnt give up.

He is actually twice the player from AM when he is allowed to go and sniff out dangerous chances with less responsibility on building play. Thats why he is dangerous for getting on the end of things for goals but he was pigeon holed into a cm position at Roma and has never really got out of it. His character wins the respect of the group and makes up for the technical faults so hes always a useful addition to the group overall but as a starting CM...nope, not for a serious team. For long shots, that maybe his most exceptional quality. I dont think there are many who can hit the ball as clean as him.

15. TorontoCalabria

Fiorentina
    Italy
    Sep 12, 2018
    well we have Jorginho Fagioli Cristante for one position so it's not so bad. I would have brought Locatelli instead of Cristante because of this scenario but I understand the utility reasons but you see very quickly things can change and now you need him on the ball for 90 minutes.
    Having Pellegrini on helps he can drop back and help Jorginho.

Im still assuming Barella Fagioli will play the other 2 games so Im not worried I think they are being cautious.

16. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Just saw TG1 on Rai and they are showing the national team.

Spalletti is deciding if Barella will be starting or not.

17. TorontoCalabria

Fiorentina
    Italy
    Sep 12, 2018
    the 3pts here are actually most important as a guarantee a 0-0 draw would be a mess. for me Barella and a 3421 is our best 11/shape because of our fullbacks. I don't want Mancini and Cristante out there unless we are trying to kill off a game. play him first half and take him off early if you go up 1 - 0.

18. Nainggolan

Nainggolan Member+

Jun 4, 2021
    If I saw someone wearing a Cristante jersey in public I'd slap them upside the head.

19. azzurri06

azzurri06 Member

Apr 4, 2007
    san francisco
    To be fair, the big lug is actually pretty good at getting on the end of balls in the box with his head. Mancini is too for that matter

Nabolidaboli repped this.
  20. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Cristante is Roma’s best player

TorontoCalabria repped this.
  21. Vieri's Left Foot

Roma
    Italy
    Jun 8, 2022
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    @azzurri06, here's one guy with a Cristante jersey.

22. nunzio23

nunzio23 Member

Juventus
    Italy
    Jul 16, 2021
    Exactly my thoughts and why i wanted Locatelli as well. Cristante to me was fine in the role that Mancini gave him but should no way be your starter even against the weakest team in the group.

It's too bad Fagioli is injured as I would have absolutely gone with him over Cristante

23. TorontoCalabria

Fiorentina
    Italy
    Sep 12, 2018
    he is underrated by fans and appreciated by coaches. I like him for a squad just not as a main regista. his passing range is actually very good it is just his close control that is not very good.

24. Rossonero23

Rossonero23 BigSoccer Yellow Card

Sep 9, 2010
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Oh canada!!!

La Magica repped this.