Senate rejects FCC's media deregulation measures

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by GringoTex, Sep 16, 2003.

1. GringoTex

GringoTex Member

Aug 22, 2001
    1301 miles de Texas
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
  2. Finnegan

Finnegan Member

Sep 5, 2001
    Portland Oregon
    *raises eyebrows*....things are getting interesting on capitol hill. Whether it is this or the overtime rules the Bush Admin. has lost a series of these fights recently.

Methinks that the moderate R's like Olympia Snowe are taking a look at Bush's plummeting numbers and thinking that their guy can no longer protect them like he was able to during the midterm elections.

Their votes and positions are going to matter again.

3. Northcal19

Northcal19 New Member

Feb 18, 2000
    Celtic Tavern LODO (
    I hope that the 12 Republicans didn't just take a day off from appeasing their owners (Clear Channel, etc.) knowing that the House wouldn't support the change and Dubya would just veto if they did.

It is nice though that even for a day the Republicans thought about the constituency for a change instead of the companies that have bought and paid for a congressman.

4. Michael K.

Michael K. Member

Mar 3, 1999
    There or Thereabouts
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It is a fine day for America when me, the NRA, Moveon.org and Trent Lott can stand together as one and say 'No!'

5. Hard Karl

Hard Karl New Member

Sep 3, 2002
    WB05 Compound
    This was pretty much expected but that doesn't make it any less great. I think the only people in america were Clear Channel, Colin Powell's son and W.

WON'T SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CLEAR CHANNEL!?!