Sen. Larry Craig (R-His Own Private Idaho) arrested & pleads guilty to "lewd conduct" in men's room

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by Knave, Aug 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Norsk Troll

Norsk Troll Member+

Sep 7, 2000
    Central NJ
    Re: Sen. Larry Craig (R-His Own Private Idaho) arrested & pleads guilty to "lewd conduct" in men's r

2008 re-election campaign slogan:

Larry Craig.

Denying he's gay since 1982.

2. Chris M.

Chris M. Member+

Jan 18, 2002
    Chicago
    Re: Sen. Larry Craig (R-His Own Private Idaho) arrested & pleads guilty to "lewd conduct" in men's r

I love how he opened the press conference:

"I'd like to thank you all for coming out."

:D

I also love how he says it was a mistake to plead guilty AND it was a mistake to keep this from family and friends. Ya think?

I'm guessing that Mrs. Craig can't be too happy (again) to get blind sided by press reports (again) that her husband is gay. So, let's review his day in minneapolis:

1. Puts on dark suit, white shirt, blue tie and American Flag lapel pin.

2. Decides to take a dump prior to checking in for his flight.

3. Assumes his normal big wide stance on the shitter whereby his foot encroaches on the stall next to him.

4. Probably to set up some rhythm to produce the turd, he unknowingly taps his foot in some sort of secret gay decoder fashion that accidentally alerts an undercover cop that he may want a blow job.

5. The guy in the stall next to him flashes a badge under the wall.

6. Not knowing what the cop wants, he immediately tries to flee and resists efforts of the cop to take him quietly.

7. Being innocent of everything except the need to move a bowel, he pleads guilty to lewd conduct even though he is not now, nor has he ever been gay.

8. Jumps on the plane and forgets to mention his day to either his staff, family or friends.

At least he's not hiding anything.

:D

3. tundrafunk

tundrafunk Member

Jun 24, 2000
    Fairbanks, Alaska

[youtube]8cQ3Y4OIhgU[/youtube]

4. Sandon Mibut

Sandon Mibut Member+

Feb 13, 2001

Larry Craig: I'm not gay... But my boyfriend is!

5. Claymore

Claymore Member

Jul 9, 2000
    Montgomery Vlg, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

[​IMG]

Yup

6. riverplate

riverplate Member+

Jan 1, 2003
    Corona, Queens
    Club:
    CA River Plate

Name him Director of Homeland Glory Holes. Sounds qualified to me.

7. Soccernova78

Soccernova78 Member

Mar 16, 2003
    Beyond The Infinite

As a caller to Alan Colmes radio show said, a straight guy would never call another man "a bad boy, a naughty boy." :D

8. PhillyQuakesFan

PhillyQuakesFan New Member

Jun 25, 2007
    Delaware County, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

The best part is that if that ********ing idiot hadn't pled guilty they wouldn't have had a thing on him.

9. Samarkand

Samarkand Member+

May 28, 2001

Enough! Roll out that wonderfully mutli-colored flag. It's in every Republicans' closet.

10. yossarian

yossarian Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 16, 1999
    Big City Blinking
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Uh, they'd have the cop's word. I don't know how many criminal cases you've prosecuted or defended but often times the cop's word is plenty good enough.

Would it have been enough against the word of a U.S. Senator? I don't know....but it seems pretty obvious that Craig didn't want to try the case and find out.

11. MattR

MattR Member+

Jun 14, 2003
    Reston
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Apparently, there is a pattern of gayness to Senator Craig.
    I saw this on the local DC area news this morning, but I found the link in Chicago. Several men have come out over the last 50 years claiming that Craig had sex with them or wanted to have sex with them.

Remember: Craig is not gay, and has never been gay. Perhaps in the future he will be gay, he is keeping is options open.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/chi-craig_boxaug29,1,1950352.story

12. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Except his chances of keeping this quiet fall dramatically if it goes to trial. Given that he'd been accused of being in the closet for, literally, a quarter century, just going to trial would have killed his political career.

He took a gamble and lost.

13. Claymore

Claymore Member

Jul 9, 2000
    Montgomery Vlg, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Let's be clear here - Craig was not arrested for being gay, he was arrested for soliciting sex from an undercover officer in a public restroom. The fact that it was the men's room is just gravy.

14. BenReilly

BenReilly New Member

Apr 8, 2002

I'm thinking we need separate bathrooms for Republicans and Democrats.

15. purojogo

purojogo Member

Sep 23, 2001
    US/Peru home
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

but then again, how do you protect the pages?

16. Chicago1871

Chicago1871 Member

Apr 21, 2001
    Chicago
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Institute the rule that all pages will be female. That cuts the chance of abuse by 49% by simply taking the Republicans out of the equation.

17. Revolt

Revolt Member+

Jun 16, 1999
    Davis, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

This has me wondering about poor Senator Vitter and the possibility that at any moment, any time, with complete surprise, his wife might go Lorena Bobbit on him. It could be something small, like Vitter didn't take the garbage out, or didn't listen carefully how her day was, ********ed his secretary or didn't bring home the dry-cleaning. /Jaws theme song/

18. Claymore

Claymore Member

Jul 9, 2000
    Montgomery Vlg, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

The Vitter situation really highlights the double standard within the GOP. Vitter solicited prostitutes, but no big deal was made of it because they were women. Craig's solicitation, on the other hand, has them all up in arms because he was cruising guys.

19. Soccernova78

Soccernova78 Member

Mar 16, 2003
    Beyond The Infinite

Republican Scandals Coming Fast and Furious

20. Chicago1871

Chicago1871 Member

Apr 21, 2001
    Chicago
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

If the size 12 red pump fits...

21. nsa

nsa Member+

New England Revolution
    United States
    Feb 22, 1999
    Notboston, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Clearly not gay.

Definitely unhappy.

Just an unhappy homosexual.

22. TheSlipperyOne

TheSlipperyOne Member+

Feb 29, 2000
    Denver
    Club:
    Arsenal FC

Republicans are throwing Craig under the bus:

http://www.cnn.com/2007/POLITICS/08/29/craig.arrest/index.html

They're even calling for an ethics investigation.

A very interesting part at the end of the article on what Craig agreed to when entering his guilty plea:

In his petition to enter a guilty plea, Craig acknowledged that he "engaged in (physical) conduct which I knew or should have known tended to arouse alarm or resentment."

He also was required to stipulate in the statement that he would "make no claim that I am innocent of the charge to which I am entering a plea of guilty," the document said.

23. Claymore

Claymore Member

Jul 9, 2000
    Montgomery Vlg, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Wow - Romney didn't just throw him under the bus, he backed over him a few times:

24. DamonEsquire

DamonEsquire BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 16, 2002
    Kentucky
    Club:
    Leeds United AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Of course MSNBC is showing clips from Tucker Carlson. NBC Meet The Press 1999: Bill Clinton is a naughty boy. A very naughty naughty naughty boy... I suppose. President acts for others to follow. That really brings out ethichs investigation. If you ask myself. Whole new view and means there.

25. KevTheGooner

KevTheGooner Help that poor man!

Dec 10, 1999
    THOF
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Andorra

Mrs. Suzanne Craig is not looking too pleased.

[​IMG]