Sen. Kennedy takes point in anti-Bush offensive

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by spejic, Sep 18, 2003.

1. Garcia

Garcia Member

Dec 14, 1999
    Castro Castro
    Juan Cole is Professor of History at the University of Michigan who referenced an "AP, Reuters" report.

I mean, this guy must be unbiased and like you just stated, people only seem to quote the portions they agree with while you didn't feel it important enough to put forth a working link to this guys website. :rolleyes:

See, it is not according to juancole.com.
    "AP, Reuters" said that part.

juancole.com commented by saying...

I would guess that you would give newsmax.com the same treatment? I would bet you would post the commentary or attack the site out of hand.

2. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Garcia, it's like you don't trust me (sniff)

http://www.metimes.com/2K3/issue2003-38/reg/turkish_leaders_mull.htm

And then later in the article

From now on, you gotta do your own homework. ;)

3. DJPoopypants

DJPoopypants New Member

Weren't we going to give Turkey something like $6B to let our troops attack through Turkey?

Sounds like they sat on their butts and might get more $ this time around.

How come welfare moms are hated but welfare states aren't?

4. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A54712-2003Sep23.html

Again, that's not a direct hit on the question of whether the missing $1.5B per month is going to foreign nations. But it's interesting nonetheless.

5. Richth76

Richth76 New Member

Jul 22, 1999
    Washington, D.C.
  6. SoFla Metro

SoFla Metro Member

Jul 21, 2000
    Ft. Lauderdale, FL
    So far, they haven't even non-denialed it

So far, the sum total of Republicans who have failed to actually say the Kennedy was lying is equal to the sum total of Republicans.

He pulled out the old soft on defense line but wasn't man enough to stand behind it. So yeah.

You know how they say there's a line you're not supposed to cross? I don't have a line.

7. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A2213-2003Sep25.html

"A new curriculum for training an Iraqi army for $164 million. Five hundred experts, at $200,000 each, to investigate crimes against humanity. A witness protection program for $200,000 per Iraqi participant. A computer study for the Iraqi postal service: $54 million.

Such numbers, buried in President Bush's $20.3 billion request for Iraq's reconstruction, have made some congressional Republicans nervous, even furious. Although the GOP leadership has tried to unite publicly around its president, cracks are beginning to show."

and

"Some Republican aides say the numbers may be more defensible than they sound because the budget is not quite real. They suggest the administration has inflated costs, in part to avoid having to come back next year for a new emergency spending bill, and in part so they can skim some of the money for classified military efforts."

Talk about burying the lead!!! Just another little piece of evidence supporting Sen. Kennedy.