Semifinales (Vuelta) - Boca Jrs. vs Cucuta Dep. (R)

Discussion in 'Copa Libertadores / Sudamericana' started by Caturro, Jun 7, 2007.

1. Caturro

Caturro Member

Aug 3, 2004
    Chile
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Ok, with this call the ref crossed the line... some of these calls are just made up. :mad: :mad:

2. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    What happened? Not only in this play, but in the other ones you are talking about. :confused:

3. SoccerScout

SoccerScout Member

Jan 3, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    Club:
    Internacional Porto Alegre
    This game is never gonna end!

VAMO INTER!!!!!!!!!

4. Caturro

Caturro Member

Aug 3, 2004
    Chile
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    He showed really dumb yellow cards to Cucuta players while he didn't show one to Morel after rather harsh and continous fouls. Also on some of the free kicks he's been very unfair in the way he orders both teams to form their walls.

Definitely hasn't been a good night for this ref.

5. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Damn.. I hate the fucking away goal rule: if they were to end like this, but without this rule, the two teams would go to a penalty shootout. Now, though, Boca would be going through directly. :( Daaaalllle Cucuta.. 10 minutes left to score just one goal!

6. Caraemondinga

Caraemondinga Member

Jul 29, 2004
    aca
    Vamos Cucuta!!! Sigue Asi

7. Caraemondinga

Caraemondinga Member

Jul 29, 2004
    aca
    estos argentinos son muy lecheros

8. Caturro

Caturro Member

Aug 3, 2004
    Chile
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    :(

3-0.

This is pretty much over unless Cucuta takes it to penalties...

9. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Ya esta.. Boca campeon de la Libertadores. :mad:

10. Caraemondinga

Caraemondinga Member

Jul 29, 2004
    aca
    mira la que se perdio pajoy

11. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I just turned on the TV, and damn, what a chance Cucuta missed!

As for the coach, a complete dumbass. Sure, the play was doutbful (it looked like a penalty), but there are 3 fucking minutes left: Don't get in the field and waste those minutes!! It's not like the ref is going to change his mind and call a penalty. :rolleyes:

The few minutes I was able to see the game, the ref seemed a bit in favor of Boca. Some made up fouls, finished the game early, etc. Plus, the Cucuta players are extremely angry with him. Is it me, or do almost all the important games Boca win always end up being won in a controversial way?

As for Mariano Closs and the other commentators, complete fags, as always. They can never hide their fanatism for Boca. :rolleyes:

Question, Question: Would the game have been the same if Blas Perez were to have played?

12. Caturro

Caturro Member

Aug 3, 2004
    Chile
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    F this game. So frustrating.

I will not be watching this Libertadores final.

13. chao

chao New Member

Dec 15, 2006
    Istanbul
    Vamos Boca !!!

14. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    like to thank the ref the player of the game :)

way to rob us of that penalty in the 1st half and give 2 doubtful freek kicks at the end of the 1st... also all those cards cucuta was getting....

but u know thats what cucuta gets for letting a uruguayan ref help, I mean ref a argie game :)

well good luck Boca u should easily be champion I think, I dont really see Gremio having that great of a team.

15. Dr. Know

Dr. Know Member+

Dec 5, 2005
    Macondo
    Ohh please get over yourself :rolleyes:. Cucuta got outplayed and the score could have easily ended more in Bocas favor.

Boca has gotten completely fuked by the ref and you know what they did? Kept on fighting and in the end it became irrelevant.

That being said I give Cucuta lot's of props for getting this far. They are a great team and I would have loved to see them in the final along with Boca.

As for the people complaining about the fog, yes of course because it favors one team and not the other. Yeah the Boca players had fog resistant goggles on that made them immune to it.

16. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    hahahaha :) wouldnt go that far but the ref was giving u guys some made up free kicks and not giving ur defenders cards when they made dirty tackles but Cucuta players got carded for no reason. Tho Cucuta did well getting so far, sucks they were robbed but think Boca will rep SA better in the World CLub CUp in December as I think Pachuca is a tough team that also got a good shot

would say i liked watching the game but um... half the game on fox sports u could just see white and dark shadows running

17. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Yes. But I think the fog did favor Boca because they were the team attacking the whole game, the team that needed the goals. I still think we would have won it under normal conditions, but if I was a Cucuta fan it would suck to lose in the fog.

But whatever, it's not like they didn't benefit from unusual weather in their own stadium. They took full advantage of the heat and humidity to make it this far.

Having said that, they deserve props. They made this cup interesting, and played well. Not just well, but an attractive attacking brand of football.

Congratulations to Cucuta, a worthy adversary.

Now let's go get Gremio!

18. Dr. Know

Dr. Know Member+

Dec 5, 2005
    Macondo
    Well yeah but there have been bad calls all around. It's not like Boca has been generally favored by the refs this tournament. The disallowed goal against Libertad was easily the worst decision of the tournament and like true champions Boca came back. Just like today.

Cucuta played better in Colombia, Boca played better in Argentina. It happens.

19. Dr. Know

Dr. Know Member+

Dec 5, 2005
    Macondo
    Maybe, but I don't see how that would favor a team that needs goals either. In any case it hurts because it's much harder to score goals since it's much harder to see and get on target or complete a long pass.

I don't think it favored any team. It's not like Boca is routinely used to playing in that type of condition. Unlike teams who play at a high altitude or teams who play in incredible heat or humidity.

20. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Come on, don't act stupid. :rolleyes: It's obvious that the attacking team is obviously favored by the fog. The goal is big and isn't hard to find, as opposed to a small white ball that is moving very quickly.

21. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Nice win. I guess the cinderella story ends. Congrats to the Boca fans.

22. Dr. Know

Dr. Know Member+

Dec 5, 2005
    Macondo
    So the Boca players somehow could see that small white ball better than the Cucuta players?

Riber Plei - first round choke job.

Boca - yet another final.

Sigan participando :D :p.

23. bosterosoy

bosterosoy New Member

Jan 22, 2007
    In a House
    Sour grapes lol

i guess they shouldn't have played the game in colombia either because it was over 30 degrees Celsius:rolleyes:

24. bosterosoy

bosterosoy New Member

Jan 22, 2007
    In a House
    the ball wasn't even white, it was bright yellow and purple :rolleyes:

25. Paul_NL

Paul_NL Red Card

May 18, 2006
    90% possesion?

Does anybody where I can find all the games of Boca in the Copa Libertadores and/or how many times they have lost at home?