Semifinal #1 Germany vs Turkey [R]

Discussion in 'Knock-out Phase' started by sidspaceman, Jun 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Albirrojo

Albirrojo Member

Aug 27, 2004
    Right, I was just commenting on what the poster said.

Clearly anyone who shock wins over Holland who was muscling the WC finalists has to be fully respected.

Did you see the OP say Spain's offense would be very powerful against Germany's? I just added in conjecture to his comment that Spain have also had a very good defense!

2. FNU

FNU BigSoccer Yellow Card

Mar 6, 2007
    Monte Vesuvio
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Well, I would like to see Turkey one more time. How will the 3rd and 4th place be ranked? I don't think it's a sad game, sorry you had to experience a 3rd place game recently but I think the Turks would like to play it.

3. Ronrio

Ronrio New Member

Apr 6, 2008
    I'm not much of a history guy but why is there so much bad blood between Germans and Turks? And whats the deal with the Swiss and Turks?

4. Albirrojo

Albirrojo Member

Aug 27, 2004
    The bad blood?? is from studying it in one's history books, respectfully, this isn't the place to talk of this. I do understand some of these ethnic relationships but this isn't the place to discuss it.

-----------

Also, JeremyEritrea and I know of that country and history,

I said a few pages back, that Russia, Spain, must be close to equal, along with Germany and Turkey, as we have seen today.

5. 1a Schnitzel

1a Schnitzel Member

Jun 3, 2002
    Lisboa
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Hard to guess since I didnt leave my district. But I went out to the street and even the turkish fans were cheering into my direction when they passed by with their cars.

6. 1a Schnitzel

1a Schnitzel Member

Jun 3, 2002
    Lisboa
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    What an utter bullshit, I agree. We get along with them very well. :) I know better since I live where they live!

7. Prawn Sandwich

Oct 1, 2003
    Bhutan
    Please stop quoting trolling posts - it's a damn sight harder to clear up the mess

8. Thatturkishguy

Thatturkishguy New Member

Jul 13, 2007
    Actually there is good blood between Turks and Germans... they fought on the same (wrong) side of WW1 they've always been pretty close. I also think they share ancestry both coming from the Huns. Recently though there has been some tensions due to the mass migration of Turks to Germany they say officially 2-3 million Turks live in Germany but I've heard up to 5. Still though I think they mostly like each other. My Turkish relatives that live in Germany love it and are well liked so I haven't really seen any angst between the two. I think the media may manufacture some of it to tell you the truth.

9. JeremyEritrea

JeremyEritrea Member+

Jun 29, 2006
    Takoma Park, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gastarbeiter

The "bad blood" is being highly exaggerated by serbianInHamburg.

The Swiss played the Turks in a UEFA playoff for World Cup 2006, and there was a nasty fight between their players in the tunnel at the game in Turkey.

10. Ronrio

Ronrio New Member

Apr 6, 2008
    yea you're right, i'll research that on my own.

11. Detlef1961

Detlef1961 New Member

Jun 12, 2006
    Heidelberg
    What´s your problem?:confused:

You wrote:
    "stop objecting about pictures lost on the tv. get over it, it was only for 5-6 minutes."

I was just trying to explain why the feed might have been interrupted longer in other countries. You did read the posts complaining about missing some of the goals?

12. 1a Schnitzel

1a Schnitzel Member

Jun 3, 2002
    Lisboa
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal

Roger that

13. Oceans of time

Jun 26, 2007
    Chicago
    Soccer riots are stupid and infuriating as are people who try to encourage soccer riots. Please cease and desist.[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

14. sinan

sinan Member

Jun 25, 2008
    Marcel Desailly : '"the best team did not win" , after Turkey-Germany match,

I hope, at least in the final match, UEFA does not assign referees to help some BIG, so called FAVOURITE teams,
    I hope Russia will go to end

15. JeremyEritrea

JeremyEritrea Member+

Jun 29, 2006
    Takoma Park, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The best "drunk food" in the world are Doner Kababs from a German Schnellimbiss. :D

For the most part, Turks and Germans get along pretty well.

16. 1a Schnitzel

1a Schnitzel Member

Jun 3, 2002
    Lisboa
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal

people like you make me enjoy soccer.com!! :)

17. Thatturkishguy

Thatturkishguy New Member

Jul 13, 2007
    Ok I propose they change the final match make the field 1.5 times bigger and a square, throw two balls in there, add two goals and let all four teams play...

4 teams enter 1 team leaves!!!

18. The Natural

The Natural New Member

Jun 3, 2008
    Turkey also gave up a late goal in their opening game against Portugal so they've dealt them and taken them throughout the whole tournament.

19. 1a Schnitzel

1a Schnitzel Member

Jun 3, 2002
    Lisboa
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    BTW thanks for the great moderation! I dont want this to be dragged into the racist political corner! :)

20. Oscar

Oscar Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Holland
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Germany could have gotten a penalty, or if not that definitely a foul from a dangerous spot when Lahm got taken out.

I wanted Turkey to go though, but I don't see how the ref decided this match in favour of Germany.

21. The Natural

The Natural New Member

Jun 3, 2008
    Turks and Greeks get along too everyone in the world is one big happy family.

22. sinan

sinan Member

Jun 25, 2008
    It was outside, and also Lahm grabbed and pulled Kazim inside the box.

Football is not that simple, you dont need to give obvious decisions to cut the veins of one team.

what I am talking about since the beginning of the game, when Turkey was doing counter-attacks, germany had `tactically` stopped them behind, which requires a yellow card, did not show them, for example Lahm did that two times, did not get a yellow, what if he got yellow in the first, then he could not cut the attack in the second, and it would probably result in a goal.

If there is such a thing called anti football, I d call what Germany did tonight, I ve never seen such a thing, and after the match Fatih Terim did not shake hands with Busacca,
    those who know football, who plays football see what happened there.

just a poll before tournament, they asked to people in Switzerland, who you dont want to win this Euro cup, %37 said Turkey being first, second country was sth like %17.
    . ( and imagine there are lots of Turks there)

23. Leinad

Leinad Member+

Jun 13, 2006
    Düsseldorf
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    if there would be a link in a dictionary for bias it would link to this post.

24. 'Schland fanatic

Jun 24, 2008
    Today showed the difference between Germany and teams like England, Holland and Spain (no jinx). They continue to overhype and d***ride (excuse the language) those teams while we are busy winning 'ships. Just like the unpopular San Antonio Spurs do in the NBA.

25. UEFA2008

UEFA2008 Red Card

Jun 21, 2008
    Finals won:

Switzerland '54
    West Germany '74
    Italy '90
    Belgium '72
    Italy '80
    England '96

Finals lost:
    England '66