Semifinal #1 Germany v Turkey - Post game discussion

Discussion in 'Knock-out Phase' started by Prawn Sandwich, Jun 25, 2008.

1. 4evermedi

4evermedi New Member

May 31, 2008
    Well said MARTININHO!

2. jerrito

jerrito Member+

Jun 22, 2006
    America
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    After 30 years of watching international football I am surprised to see how many people here believe that the team which attacks more or "looks better" should, or even more stunning, will win the game. Yes, football can be beautiful, but the "prettier" side rarely beats the smarter, more tactically well placed side. Even Brazil is more likely to win when their defense is solid and they respond well to the tactical instructions of their manager. Germany is almost always in the top tier of organized squads, has plenty of talent to match (if you understand that talent and showmanship are not the same thing, of course), has players who believe in efficiency and getting the result, and their managers are rarely outdone.

Having said all that, my hat is off to Turkey. What an inspiring performance which I believe made even the most jaded football fan stand up and take notice. Absolutely brilliant stuff on the pitch, and massive bravery to get this far. Better luck in 2010!:D

And congratulations and good luck to Germany and my German friends in the final. This should really be an exciting match with Spain!

3. 1a Schnitzel

1a Schnitzel Member

Jun 3, 2002
    Lisboa
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Usually this german teams seems to perform better when being the underdog. So maybe they can look better against spain than russia did.

4. deleted

deleted Member

Aug 18, 2006
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Thanks, hopefully germany will focus better on their own game against a (on paper) stronger opponent than turkey was and we see a german team like the one against portugal.

5. rantanplan

rantanplan Member

Jun 16, 2006
    Berlin
    Nice to see....that luck seems to be a weapon or tool you buy at a shop. "Hey Mr. Shopkeeper...my teams going to play Turkey this weekend..please give me a box of luck so we can win!" Its the most disgusting thing to say.."You won cause you've been lucky" So if we are responsible of being lucky...what about being unlucky is to blame on the loosing team then? I tell you Turkish fans and casual supporters what you are doing...you mess the brilliant performance of the Turkish team up by counting it on the lucky Germans. You win games by making lesser mistakes and blunts than the opponent. Perfect football will end 0 - 0.

Good luck to all people wanting to see a good entertaining final.

6. 4evermedi

4evermedi New Member

May 31, 2008
    It has often been said: Luck is where preparation meets opportunity! You can get lucky once....maybe even twice, but three times? Come on everyone, that was a brilliant Turkish football team (tad weak on the defense) but creative and fun to watch wit a lot of spirit.

I bet if I asked who you would like to watch if there was another tournament next month, you would put them up as one of the tops--naturally I would. Those kids were great and will be ready for 2010!;)

7. Lusankya

Lusankya Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 14, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Luck? Our three goals were just good, not lucky. For a lucky goal you may rewatch the first turkish goal.

:rolleyes:

8. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    ...or the second goal. How Lehmann just kneeled there waiting for the ball to come rolling into his arms baffles me as much as the first!!

9. Gandalf The Red

Gandalf The Red BigSoccer Yellow Card

Sep 23, 2006
    Well said Sir!

Ignore the Turk you can taste his bitterness with every word:cool:

10. Lusankya

Lusankya Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 14, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Well then our second goals was lucky as well because Rüstü made a slight error, too.

11. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Nah, Kloses header was going in, regardless of Rüstü positioning. :p