Semifinal #1 Germany v Turkey - Post game discussion

Discussion in 'Knock-out Phase' started by Prawn Sandwich, Jun 25, 2008.

1. Prawn Sandwich

Oct 1, 2003
    Bhutan
    Continue here

2. 1a Schnitzel

1a Schnitzel Member

Jun 3, 2002
    Lisboa
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    sorry, but if turkey decides to put all their force into the midfield then dont blame it on the germans if they had a hard time cracking it. But they did. Too much nationalistic revengionism in here.

3. dalecAva

dalecAva New Member

Oct 8, 2007
    I love you Turkiye, thank you so much! Unbeliavble, deserved to be playing the Final. All those people saying 4-0 germany etc i bet you was off your seats, with all those players missing, the crapest ref and everything going against them, Excellent TEAM, Great Spirit and would love to see you guys again.

4. 1a Schnitzel

1a Schnitzel Member

Jun 3, 2002
    Lisboa
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    a ref going against them? I saw a potential penalty kick but okay.

5. deleted

deleted Member

Aug 18, 2006
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    what mistakes did the referee make today?

6. 1a Schnitzel

1a Schnitzel Member

Jun 3, 2002
    Lisboa
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal

Turkey didnt win!

7. UEFA2008

UEFA2008 Red Card

Jun 21, 2008
    I just thought of an interesting possibility.

If Russia beat Spain in the semifinal and beats Germany in the final, they would have avenged every single Euro final they had lost in one tournament.

Spain 1964
    FINAL Spain 2-0 USSR

Belgium 1972
    FINAL West Germany 3-0 USSR

West Germany 1988
    FINAL Netherlands 2-0 USSR
    ----------------------------
    Austria & Switzerland 2008
    QUATERFINAL Russia 3-1 Netherlands
    SEMIFINAL Russia ?-? Spain
    FINAL Russia ?-? Germany

8. Pfeife

Pfeife Member

Dec 19, 2005
    that foul against Lahm not being called by the referee was one of the most ridiculous calls of the tournament lmao

9. roxbury

roxbury Member+

Apr 27, 2004

yeah, the one that lahm pulled kazim jersey.

10. dalecAva

dalecAva New Member

Oct 8, 2007
    i agree that was a foul but it was outside the box if im not mistaken. However in this tournament cards have been given to the Turkish side so easy, but yet to oppositions so hard. Specially if this team is Germany of course. nether the less, Germany had a full squad and was torn apart by a Turkish B team.

11. 1a Schnitzel

1a Schnitzel Member

Jun 3, 2002
    Lisboa
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal

Oh okay, you only count fouls against turkey. that makes a lot of sense now, does it?

unproven thesis! may be considered as unsportsmanship

12. deleted

deleted Member

Aug 18, 2006
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    he pulled his jersey for literally 0.5 seconds while kazim had his back turned to goal at the edge of the area. Then kazim fell due to losing his balance from also trying to control the ball.

is that the one you are talking about?

13. roxbury

roxbury Member+

Apr 27, 2004
    see my above commend.

commend should be neutral some time....

in lahm position sabri's contact if you say inside the area,,,

what about lahm in another side of the field pulled collin kazim jersey?
    in front of side ref.

you won, people congrats ,

but, to say one position and to not see another one ,is bs to me.

14. roxbury

roxbury Member+

Apr 27, 2004
    lololol.

dude, ok ref worked for turks .just be happy.
    enjoy the final.

@
    you guys talked smilar way in ballack goal position too.

what a game is football isn't it.

a nasty sport.

done here.

15. UEFA2008

UEFA2008 Red Card

Jun 21, 2008
    Germany, along with Italy and Portugal, are probably the teams I really don't like.

But even I had to admit. That foul on Lahm is a penalty with a yellow card.

16. 1a Schnitzel

1a Schnitzel Member

Jun 3, 2002
    Lisboa
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal

I think this is unfair. Germany didnt try to play italian style but were forced into it because of turkey copying the Croatian strategy. If you say Germany always intended to play defensively then I am sorry I have to say you obviously didnt watch the match. They didnt chose it and considering the setup of the teams werent prepared for it neither.

The game had goals, many more than you would expect from a semi final. So I kind of anoyed people cannot just appreciate a good intense match. What can we expect from spain vs russia? 1-0 or maybe even a 2-1? Just great!

17. deleted

deleted Member

Aug 18, 2006
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I honestly thought lahm did not pull on the jersey long enough for it to be considered a foul. Maybe I should watch the replay. How many times have you seen it?

Ballack's goal - yes it was a foul but the ref missed it. Pushes in the box are often missed by refs.

18. torque

torque New Member

Jun 24, 2008
    Congrats to German team, well done to the lads. Credit to Schwanny and Lahm.

As for my team, they are my heroes. This is our B team and they fought until the end. What would be if arda, tuncay and nihat around, we will always wonder. I do not want to mention Rustu and Volkan ban.

We were better in the first half, second half was equal. The match would be more fun if it will be extended, however we tasted a bit of our own medicine.

Have a nice night you all. Our German friends should have some fun. We would if we had the chance.

19. Martininho

Martininho Member+

Feb 13, 2007
    Chicago
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What a fabulous match of football! What bravery and nerve of the Turks to throw themselves forward! What steel and confidence by the Germans to not panic. What intelligence and maturity by the Turks not to get overly excited and to hold possession, saving their strength as best they could? And, finally, what resolve by Germany to create and exploit their chances! A truly fine exhibition.

Kudos to the Swiss referee as well, to let the match be decided by the players while still maintaining control (Lahm deserved a free kick at the area, but not a penalty so far from goal..and yes, he was on the line or just within the area, but I'm talking about justice, not technicalities...indeed, Lahm had escaped a caution himself only a few minutes before...a fact totally ignored by the announcers, and of course the Irish muppet that is Smythe).

In the end, Lahm redeemed himself and showed the world (again) what an attacking player from the back can and should do. Also, his defender simply could not pursue, but there's no dishonor when your body simply fails you because you've given all you have. All credit to Germany, all credit to Turkey (a tournament performance we'll be telling our grandchildren about), and what a Euro!!!

Attacking, brave, dramatic...classic football. I know, I'm rambling and gushing...and I don't care.

20. roxbury

roxbury Member+

Apr 27, 2004
    9 starters were out of action, duo to suspention and injury problem.

ref rosetti's yellow cards in croatia game were too funny...tuncay and arda..kovac''number10'' did nasty fouls on tuncay,hamit,nihat etc, but didint get yellow full 90 minute...
    same ref didint show smilar occasione in other team games...
    another ref the sweden international, showed two yellow card inside the first half minute 1-10 later on he showed...
    germany game busacca worked good at the midfield the turk get many foul contact but,ref neither made any card games..the one that when hamit was run with ball run and past two players, than lahm hold him from behind, but ref didint show any card... but in other way, he showed two yellow to the turks.
    there are more position where turks get fouled, but ref worked goon on that tricky game.

lobby is the power of modern football.

21. 1a Schnitzel

1a Schnitzel Member

Jun 3, 2002
    Lisboa
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal

Again it needs a person like Torque to find the right words! And I wont allow anyone to put a damn knife in between our two nations.

BTW living in a totally turkish district and so far everything was calm. Well not realy calm since there are parties going on everywhere... but you see turks and germans all mixed together. The turks have nothing to be ashamed of, rather the germans. But we knew we had to expect a fierce battle and we got what we expected. Never underestimate this team, even if it is totally reduced to only a few wounded players. There is a reason why turks came to germany, no other two nations have this fighting spirit.

22. roxbury

roxbury Member+

Apr 27, 2004

yeah both germany players played good game. podolski did good too.in germany goals.

the turks did good with b squad.
    played good football.

its pitty that coach left the nt job.

23. Leinad

Leinad Member+

Jun 13, 2006
    Düsseldorf
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    roxbury, plz go away with your stupid ref ramblings.
    Ppl were very civil to each other and you need to drag this thread in a stupid ref discussion even if there wasnt much to discuss (despite a clear penalty that wasnt given to Lahm who would have been through and alone in the penalty box).

Congrats to Turkey for a great performance, their best performance in this tournament.
    Germany overall had a lot of problems, a bad game, too many mistakes in build up play though it was enough to create the needed chances.
    At least we were again effective and im sure we will play better against a "big" opponent (no offense to Turkey but like ppl said Turkey played with a B-Team and there was a lot of pressure on the german team to win it, a lose would have been hard to explain).

24. JeremyEritrea

JeremyEritrea Member+

Jun 29, 2006
    Takoma Park, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Why the red card for UEFA2008? Sockpuppet?

:confused:

25. Prawn Sandwich

Oct 1, 2003
    Bhutan
    Sock of banned user