Pre-match: Semi-final: Germany vs Italy - June 28 [R]

Discussion in 'Euro 2012' started by JaredSS07, Jun 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fabio Grosso 2006

Fabio Grosso 2006 BigSoccer Yellow Card

Sep 2, 2009
    Club:
    AC Milan
    past glories some put it. Friendly or not, a 1-1 draw in germany last year is far from a past glory. Pretty much the exact same team. Most friendlies a lot can not be taken into account. Germany vs Italy friendlies are serious however. Recent history Germany much better are they? Gotze, Bender, Hummels, Boateng came on. No Pirlo for Azzurri in this game, played in germany. If people want to talk smack and diss other teams and their chances, at least provide true evidence.

Manuel Neuer
    Goalkeeper
    Holger Badstuber
    Defender
    [​IMG]
    Per Mertesacker
    Defender
    Dennis Aogo
    Defender
    Philipp Lahm
    Defender
    [​IMG]
    Lukas Podolski
    Striker
    Bastian Schweinsteiger
    Midfielder
    Mesut Özil
    Midfielder
    Sami Khedira
    Defender
    Thomas Müller
    Striker
    [​IMG]
    Miroslav Klose

2. Dhajj

Dhajj Member+

Nov 25, 2010
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    None of us are saying or ever will say germany will wipe italy...

except for the single dumb ass earlier.

We all respect italy and we ALL think this will be a very close and tough game..
    Make no illusions about it.

Obsidian, LoewenBoy and jerrito repped this.
  3. jerrito

jerrito Member+

Jun 22, 2006
    America
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

I have not seen that at all from German fans.

LoewenBoy repped this.
  4. Fabio Grosso 2006

Sep 2, 2009
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Go through this thread and you will find otherwise{ more than just the single }

Whether it's about Italy or any nation where it's not warranted and biased, unless it's factual, people should shut up and pay some respect where it's due.

5. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    The guy is delusional or he has a serious reading comprehension problem

6. Sempre

Sempre ****************** Member+

Mar 4, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    This is what I'm really fascinated to see. Italy has an excellent midfield but I just don't know if they can control the possession vs. Germany. It might depend on whether Schurrle and Schweinsteiger play and what sort of form they show up in. In the last game neither were really on song in their passing. I have hunches about this game, but I really don't know how the teams will come out. We'll see.

LoewenBoy repped this.
  7. jerrito

jerrito Member+

Jun 22, 2006
    America
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    My hope is that this will be a hard fought match in which the two nations put on a show for the rest of the world. And that the match is not decided by bad weather or poor refereeing. Much respect and best of luck to all of the classy German fans on this thread! May the best team win on Thursday...

arthur d, Dage, Cris 09 and 1 other person repped this.
  8. Fabio Grosso 2006

Sep 2, 2009
    Club:
    AC Milan

We have the cat in the sack, I would say.

All we need to do is outscore Italy. Easy.​
    Deutschman, Monday at 7:33 AMReport
    #4RepQuote

RevPOWAMember Germany should cruise here...2-nil.

There's a few more too. Do your research before you open your mouth. Maybe you should go back to school.

9. LoewenBoy

LoewenBoy Member+

Aug 25, 2004
    Giesing, Muenchen
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Sint Maarten
  10. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Lol...no, I didn't do that. I was simply responding to those that think that this German team will be affected by what happened in 2006; losing to Italy in Dortmund.

Only Lahm, Poldi, Klose and Schweini participated in that match and may be affected by this.

If that went over your head, I'm sorry.

11. jerrito

jerrito Member+

Jun 22, 2006
    America
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    All we are saying is that the large majority of their fans in this thread have been (and in my view this is true historically) very classy about this match up, all of this in spite of the fact that they are and should be clear favorites going in to this match. Here are just a few examples of the respect given Italy in this thread alone...

" I was hoping for anyone but Italy"

"So I believe, if this German team really is on its way to greatness, one of the most crucial things they will have to do, beside winning titles, is beat the Italians."

"They've already shown great resilience in this tournament and they will be dangerous from start to finish, one thing you have to say about the Italians is they always play with heart."

"Judging from the Italian team's display so far, i really won't be surprised if they win"

"Italy also has a chance to WIN this EURO 2012."

"This will be a very close game, IMHO."

" Regardless, I don't think they will not show respect to this Italian side as that would be a huge mistake."

"Mario wont be getting any cheap looks from Italy's defense."

'Italy convinced me in midfield and attacking. They are dangerous. Pirlo is a monster, and Balotelli ist good for strikes of genius, too. Di Natale is a very good center forward."

"Nobody ever flogs Italy in any game."

'True, but then again Italy is almost always pretty solid. That's why we fear you so much.'

" This Italian team is quite fine and will not go down easily. They man-handled the English team and have a good chance to win it all. Let' not forget this team has Pirlo and he can and will take control of this game."

HSV-Jung, indestructible and LoewenBoy repped this.
  12. AmericanKaka

AmericanKaka Member+

Dec 30, 2006
    Dear German fans: "Fabio Grosso 2006" is a notorious troll, please understand that he annoys the Italy forum just as much.

I think what is most interesting about this match is absolutely any outcome is conceivable. Either coach could go conservative, either coach could go boldly to seize the game, and depending on the combination, and the rub of the green, the match could turn out any way. Although Italy never gets pounded, an early goal from Germany and them getting in a groove, or getting some kind officiating favor like a PK or red card against Italy, while up a goal could make things ugly on the scoreboard. Likewise, if Italy decides to really take the game to the Germans, and actually manages to control the possession more, which contrary to popular belief is not at all impossible, will Germany know how to react when they are used to dominating? And then if Italy finally gets some finishing fortune and a goal up, the pressure will really be on a youthful Germany, and if they crack Italy could get a second and close it out. It could also be an ultra-cagey and boring-ish midfield slogfest that goes to penalties. Or it could be an exciting classic with swinging momentum. Pirlo could dominate, or Pirlo could be tired and well-marked or just plain play badly like he did against Ireland. Balotelli could keep working hard and staying under control and score a golazo or he could finally melt down and be sent off. It is really just impossible to predict, there is no real certainty even what personnel and formations will be fielded. Both teams have so far used almost all their field players , I think (only Ogbonna and Borini excepted for Italy). Both coaches seem to be willing to dip deep into their bench for different tactical options. If I were a betting man, I would keep my money far away from this match.

LoewenBoy repped this.
  13. TorontoBayernFan

Jun 24, 2012
    This is my hope as well brother, and that no matter which team wins, the winner ends Spain's run. Excited/scared for Thursday, good luck to both teams, this is is the final IMO.

jerrito repped this.
  14. OrlandoEngelaar

Jul 19, 2008
    CA
    Um, lets give Portugal some respect here..

15. not a big fan

not a big fan New Member

Jun 26, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Hi guys, new member here, though I've been lurking around for quite some time. I find it kind of strange that an Italy fan like Fabio Grosso gets so worked up over the Azzurri being taken lightly coming into a match against another major football nation. Chill, my friend, since this's always been the case for decades, with the exception of WC90 (when we were playing on our home soil) and WC94 (when the squad was loaded with greats in their prime like R. Baggio, Baresi and P. Maldini). Let's enjoy being the underdog and come back and have the last laugh if the results again prove otherwise--that Italy is a tough nut to crack. Hopefully Prandelli will employ an ultra defensive formation so that even if Italy lose, Germany will be taken to the limit and have too little left in the tank to avoid another final defeat by the winner of the 1st semi.

DaveyGorgeous repped this.
  16. TorontoBayernFan

Jun 24, 2012
    Uh, let me think for a sec... No, sorry. I just don't see them beating Spain.

17. HSV-Jung

HSV-Jung Member

Jun 15, 2010
    Frankfurt
    Club:
    Hamburger SV
    You do remember that Portugal beat Spain 4:0 in November 2010. Of course that was just a friendly, but still. That's going to be a big game tonight.

In my mind, this semi-final is the toughest selection that Spain could face, because these three teams are the ones that will be able to give them the best run for their money.

18. d3rd3vil

d3rd3vil Member

Jan 3, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    No. The players that are still here (Klose, Schweinsteiger, Podolski, Lahm) know they are in a newer and better team and they are ready to fight back. Maybe Lahm is scared because he is the only defender from 2006 and he has to prevent the Italians from scoring :D
    But other than that there is no problem.

The problem is Italy or at least Pirlo thinks we are all scared and have the same team as in 2006 AND they are as good as Spain just because of that 1:1.
    THAT is dangerous and arrogant thinking. Can't see them winning though. Would hurt me as a sportsman ^^

19. mattplant

mattplant Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Italy has proven that they can be very dangerous and they will not go down without a fight, but still I don't think they will win. Not with this opponent. I'm sure this will be a great match though, as Italy will do their best until the very end. I'm expecting another amazing performance by Germany.

20. ganzetto

ganzetto New Member

Jun 27, 2012
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    let's not be partisan. From Italian I fear only the fatigue accumulated against England and in less than 2 days of rest. The rest is like all official matches between Italy and Germany. We underestimate us and Germany considered them unbeatable. Lowe not even know that Pirlo no longer plays with AC Milan! even know that Barzagli played in Germany. The only conscious of the pitfalls of this reasoning is Klose. Thursday at 23.00 we will know if are still magical nights as Dortmund 2006 or will be the revenge of Germany.

21. Cherusker

Cherusker New Member

Jun 25, 2012
    Club:
    Arminia Bielefeld
    First time it's not Germany that had to play 120 minutes before facing Italy, but now it's Italy that played 120 minutes before facing Germany. Does it make a difference? We will see. If it doesn't then we can forget about this factor once and for all.

LoewenBoy repped this.
  22. SpaniardFC

SpaniardFC Member

Jun 8, 2009
    Vilagarcía de Arousa
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    One of the greatest posts i've read on this site.

23. SpaniardFC

SpaniardFC Member

Jun 8, 2009
    Vilagarcía de Arousa
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    [quote="HSV-Jung, post: 25946942, member: 172389"

I know the Italy fans will laugh at this, but Prandelli, Buffon and a number of others have admitted that Germany is stronger on paper. Prandelli must also know that the German team is more fit and able to keep up the pace for the duration of the game, whereas this Italian team has slowed down considerably after the hour-mark in each of the four games. The obvious strategy to deal with such disadvantages is defensive play, Prandelli will be aware of this.
    I fear we're going to see quite a defensive outlook from the Italians, despite everything we have seen and heard. Mark my words.[/quote]
    The italians also said spain are the best team in the world, and buffon said spain has set the bench mark, and look how they playes vs spain. To the confident germans, if you are to win this game, you will suffer during it, and be nervous beyond your imagination.

24. SpaniardFC

SpaniardFC Member

Jun 8, 2009
    Vilagarcía de Arousa
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Spain fears no one! edit your comment

25. jerrito

jerrito Member+

Jun 22, 2006
    America
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I think we were not considered favorites to reach the semifinals because we had not played at that level, while Spain, Germany and Holland had, and it was fair. Now that Italy are playing well, we are getting more respect. And that is the way it should be, because we have accomplished something. It is one thing to respect past accomplishments, but fans and football writers and the like rightfully wait to see if we are any good this time before mentioning Italy as a team that can win. Most everyone I know who truly knows football has now said that they were not sure Italy would get out of the group stage, but now that they have are a force at this stage of the tournament. Most seem to understand that past history means very little when a nation comes in to a tournament. In 2010 I kept hearing too much respect before the tournament, as if we had a chance to win because of our history and the title of defending champions. In truth, an older squad simply was not capable and many of us could see it coming.

I have to add that regardless of formation and tactics I can't see Germany being the team to run out of gas. We are much more likely to do so I think.