Semi Final - flight from CateTown to Durban

Discussion in 'World Cup 2010: Fans & Travel' started by royial, Jun 1, 2010.

1. royial

royial Member

May 16, 2009
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Hi,

I have ticket for the semi final in CapeTown and I want to buy tickets to Durban semi final as well (as I didn't able to find tickets to the final).
    But I didn't find any internal flight from CapeTown to Durban... All the flights are sold out? what can I do?

Thanks.

2. yoyoyo2k8

yoyoyo2k8 Member

May 4, 2009
    I was in the same boat and resigned to the fact that I couldnt get to both so just went for the one match instead. All the flights are either sold out or ridiculously expensie so i 'allowed' it

3. matthewuk

matthewuk New Member

May 3, 2009
  4. prince6666

prince6666 Member

May 31, 2010
    Hamburg
    Club:
    SC Freiburg
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    H,

I´ve had the same problem. Have solved it as follows:

CPT - Port Elisabeth
    SA1811
    July, 7th, 13:30h-14:45h

Port Elisabeth - Durban
    SA 1347
    July, 7th, 17:50h-19:10h

So you have 80min from the airport to the stadium...

Hope this helps - I have booked three weeks ago.

Cheers

5. samconnie

samconnie Member

Feb 22, 2006
    toronto
    Club:
    AS Roma
    mango flight all booked, but last week i called them and i managed to get a pair of tickets from cpt to durban on 7 july, u might want to caLL them

6. matthewuk

matthewuk New Member

May 3, 2009
    which flight are you on? we're on Mango too...

7. samconnie

samconnie Member

Feb 22, 2006
    toronto
    Club:
    AS Roma
  8. royial

royial Member

May 16, 2009
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    can you please give me their phone number?
    Can you write the rate please?

Thanks

9. samconnie

samconnie Member

Feb 22, 2006
    toronto
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Phone number mango.com, u can get the number on the website
    I think I paid 320us

10. macdonak

macdonak Member

May 15, 2006
    London
    As flagged by matthewuk, I discussed this quite a bit on the internal flights thread. Going via Joburg is very doable and not so expensive. As of a few hours ago, it was still possible to get flights from JHB to DUR on Kalula (departing 16.45 and 17.15) for R499 or so. And there are plenty of other quite cheap flights around. Prices from CPT to JHB have been flying up nad down, especially as Kalula keep putting extra flights on, which start off cheap but soon soar up in price as they fill.

I wouldn't be suprised if more flights get put on from CPT direct to DUR at some stage but after the discussion we had yesterday, when I saw some cheaper prices for the CPT to JHB section I decided to bite the bullet. It was possible to get Mango flights through Computicket for only around R649 but this landed at 16.10, which only left 1.05 hours until the last cheap Kalula flight (17.15) which gets to DUR in plenty of time. So today, when I saw a Kalula CPT to DUR flight earlier in the afternoon (one of a number that again suddenly appeared from nowhere, like the ones I missed, as discussed on the other thread) for only around R900, I went for that. So total cost "only" around R1350-1400.

I may regret it if something cheap and direct comes up but even then, it seems most Kalula and Mango flights can be changed for only R120.

11. matthewuk

matthewuk New Member

May 3, 2009
    we're on 322...

12. royial

royial Member

May 16, 2009
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I still didn't find a light :(

13. aumell

aumell New Member

Apr 28, 2010
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  14. royial

royial Member

May 16, 2009
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
  15. macdonak

macdonak Member

May 15, 2006
    London
    As per my comments earlier in this thread and on the internal flights thread, there are two options. 1) Hang on in the hope that one or more of the airlines put on extra flights or that some people on the exisiting flights cancel when their teams aren't in the semis and they decide not to go; b) Fly on an indirect flight - Joburg is cheapest but it may also be spossible to fly via Port elizabeth, say. I decided to go for option b). Kalula, in particular, have put many more flights on to the CT-JHB route over the past week, so there have been several opportunities to buy for R900 or less. And there are still flights from JHB-DUR for R499 or so. In addition, my experience of changing flights with Kalula (online) and Mango (calling them - they were very hepful and efficient) has been very positive. An awful lot easier and cheaper than doing so through Ryanair, say.

For a small charge of R120-140 and the difference in the two fares, it will be easy to switch my flights for one leg of my indirect journey to a direct flight should one become available (and if necessary I'll switch the other leg in to another journey once I know exactly where I'll be during the KO stages). So my advice is cover yourself now by securing and indirect flight and keep your eyes open fo a switch to a direct flight if one becomes available.

16. royial

royial Member

May 16, 2009
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I still didn't find a flight from Cape Town to Durban on 07-July-10 :(

Seems there are no new flights and all the others are sold out (I called all the companies)

What can I do? Do you think the companies will add more flights?

Thanks.