Sell me on your Club

Discussion in 'England Rivalries' started by FireFanInPackerLand, Dec 30, 2005.

1. ox utd

ox utd New Member

Aug 29, 2005
    charleston
    Is there a point to your comment? By the way, the name I use is from a club I played on for years called Oxford United - not the recently relegated club in England. If you check into things a bit more before you start typing you won't look like such a twat.

2. TheOrator

TheOrator New Member

Feb 24, 2006
    Virginia
    Yeah right, your an Oxford United fan. Say hi to Cambridge for us.

3. Red Agave

Red Agave Member

Aug 2, 2005
    Manchester
    You decide who was right.....:D

4. brianasher

brianasher Member

Sep 22, 2005
    KY
    Club:
    Sunderland AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You are askin' for misery. I was in your position a couple of years ago, during the glory years for a certain team with 2 great complementary strikers, Niall Quinn and super Kevin Phillips. The team were middle of the league, and then some problems caught up with us, and plummeted to relegation. But then, we pulled ourselves out of the muck and two years later were promoted, only to once again fall flat on our collective faces this past season.

That all being said, I "picked" Sunderland and will stick with them all the way. Maybe one day we'll make a run for the EPL and stay there.

5. Toon³

Toon³ Member

Dec 27, 2002
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC

You'll be wanting this.

[​IMG]

6. brianasher

brianasher Member

Sep 22, 2005
    KY
    Club:
    Sunderland AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    well deserved...at least murray has stepped down. that is the first step in gettin back to an EPL team

7. sterock85

sterock85 New Member

Apr 30, 2006
    nah we wont be needing a gun us sunderland fans...we've been saved by the mighty quinn and his consortium...things have genuinley turned round fo r the best all the fans who wouldnt return while murray was stil there are all returnibg...alot of people i know personally have already got there season tickets..poeple who havnt bothered over the last 4/5 years...i debt is now under control and we have cash too spend. good for you brianasher for sticking by us cos now things are on the up its gonna be great. martin o'neil and sam allardyce on now the bookies joint favourite for the job too

8. Red Agave

Red Agave Member

Aug 2, 2005
    Manchester
    Just need the Wheatsheaf to re-open and all will be well on Wearside. Hope you bounce back soon - Stadium of Light is one of my favourite away trips.

9. Toon³

Toon³ Member

Dec 27, 2002
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC

[​IMG]

Niall Quinn and his new consortium arriving to take control at the stadium of sh*te.
    “We’re going to be bigger than Newcastle” claimed Quinn

10. Colin Bell the King

Colin Bell the King New Member

Sep 7, 2004
    Wythenshawe
    Don't know if this is too late or not but here we go.

Manchester City.

The main reason I love following the blues is that every away game is a right old laugh. We take thousands to most games, even when we've not won for a while and usually keep singing all through the game when we're losing. 6-0 down to Liverpool years ago we were all doing congas at 6-0, last season we were losing to Liverpool, Chelsea and kept a rendition of 'Oh when the blues' going for 20 minutes a time. Even for friendlies we take huge numbers. (1100 for Wrexham this past wednesday night and 4000+ to Rochdale on Saturday) However our impressive support these days are nothing compared to our Division 1/Division 2 days. I remember City taking 5,000+ to Tranmere away on a Friday night, 6,000 plus to Sheffield Wednesday, hundreds locked out of Notts County away, taking over three sides of stadiums at York City, Swindon Town, 2,000+ to Millwall away on a Tuesday night with the biggest Millwall hooligan turnout for many a season, 20,000+ at Blackburn to see us get promoted back to the Premiership.

Its a right old laugh. And the team isn't too bad. We've signed some decent players this preseason (Hamann, Dabo and Corradi) , we have a promising striker in Samaras and a good youth team setup that is producing some very good youngsters (Richards, Onuoha, Croft, Ireland, Jordan, Sturridge, Miller etc) and we have a very passionate manager.

11. superfrank8

superfrank8 New Member

Mar 26, 2005
    London
    Just don't support Spurs, Arsenal, United or the Scousers.

12. tim10

tim10 Member

May 23, 2006
    Melbourne, Australia
    You want my advice? Watch a few games, see which team's playing style appeals to you, and read up a bit on their history. I won't try and push Man United to you, as I know they are not too popular amongst other clubs.

13. tim10

tim10 Member

May 23, 2006
    Melbourne, Australia
    No offence intended mate, but isn't it a bit od to live in Manchester and support Arsenal?

14. Juan Carlos II

Jan 14, 2004
    Lytham St Annes
    Club:
    Bolton Wanderers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    you could say... No offence intended mate, but isn't it a bit od to live in Manchester and support Man Utd?

also plenty of people from London support Man Utd.

15. tim10

tim10 Member

May 23, 2006
    Melbourne, Australia
    Each to their own I suppose.

16. Dooglas

Dooglas Member

Jul 30, 2005
    Las Vegas, NV
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    not everyone lives in one place their entire lives.