Selected posts from Antonio Valencia's early days in Europe

Discussion in 'Ecuador - Players Abroad' started by Emelectric15, Apr 23, 2005.

1. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Re: Luis Antonio Valencia, news & comments (r)

To be honest I don't believe the ManU -Valencia connection. Why not spend the money on Tevez? plus they already have decent wingers.

2. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
  3. damnecuadorian

Mar 11, 2007
    SF & NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

Wigan boss Steve Bruce tells United mentor Fergie to match Real's £21.5m to land Valencia

Steve Bruce has thrashed out a £21.5million deal with Real Madrid for Antonio Valencia - but challenged Sir Alex Ferguson to match the valuation if he wants the Wigan winger.

Valencia, 23, is seen by Manchester United as a potential replacement for Cristiano Ronaldo and he has been tracked by a number of suitors.

Aston Villa and Tottenham had asked to be kept informed but, with the two biggest clubs in the world going head-to-head, it seems they are out of the running.

Wigan boss Bruce has been negotiating with Madrid for a few months but this is the first time details of the fee - an £18m downpayment and a further £3.5m in add-ons - have been released.

Bruce hinted a deal was afoot after Saturday's 2-0 defeat at Stoke, when he said: 'It's inevitable that Valencia will go but we'll get good money for him.'

A move to United would give Ferguson cover if Ronaldo works his exit from the Barclays Premier League champions, but if Valencia heads for the Spanish capital the chances of Bernabeu bosses footing the bill for a world-record offer for Ronaldo might sharply diminish.

The cash involved is astonishing given that Ecuador star Valencia has played less than 50 times in the Premier League since Paul Jewell signed him three years ago.

Bruce is keen to start team rebuilding and is therefore anxious to resolve the Valencia issue quickly.

Bruce has been rocked by Paul Scharner's declaration that he plans to quit Wigan for the sake of his international career.

The news will alert Villa, Tottenham and Fulham, who are eager to sign the £6m-rated Austria midfielder, who can also play in central defence.

Scharner, 29, is under contract until 2011 but fears he will struggle to add to his 23-cap tally if he stays.

'I feel this summer is the time for me to make the next step in my career,' Scharner told Austrian TV.

'I'm looking towards getting a regular starting place in the Austria national side. My absolute aim would be to play in the Champions League.'

Bruce's controversial loan striker Amr Zaki insists he pulled the plug on a permanent move to Wigan because four Premier League clubs have made solid bids and are offering better wages.

Bruce, however, revealed that he has written to Zaki's club, Zamalek, to inform them he would not be taking up their option because the player went AWOL four times.

4. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

Front page of soccernet.com!!! :)

[​IMG]
    Madrid have tabled an offer for Valencia - agent
    Antonio Valencia's agent has confirmed Spanish giants Real Madrid have made an offer for the Wigan Athletic winger.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/?cc=5901

5. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY

Front-page news :) impressive.

I would prefer Man U 10x over Madrid. Man U is a winning institution, and players there get better. Real Madrid is a underachieving organization that needs to get its act togethr. Plus if Valencia goes there instead of Ronaldo I think he will start off on the wrong foot because the fans will already be disappointed.

6. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

Never thought I'd see something like this a couple years back...f*ck yeah im proud to be an ecuadorian!!

7. damnecuadorian

Mar 11, 2007
    SF & NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
  8. GW Emperor

GW Emperor New Member

Oct 26, 2008
    Newcastle upon Tyne
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England

Sky Sports News have recently announced that Wigan Athletic have recieved two seperate bids in excess of £16m from both Manchester United and Real Madrid, and that it is now in the hands of the player as to which club he will choose.

9. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
  10. ECUABIKER

ECUABIKER New Member

Oct 20, 2008
    Glendale, Ca.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Wigan confirm Valencia bids

Latics chairman reveals offers have been received from United

[​IMG] Valencia: Subject of bids
    We are not desperate to sell Antonio, I'm telling you. If I can keep that lad, I'm going to keep him.​
    Antonio Valencia

Wigan chairman Dave Whelan has told Sky Sports News that Manchester United have made cash offers for Antonio Valencia.
    It was reported at the weekend that Premier League champions United and Primera Liga giants Real Madrid had bid in excess of �16million for the Ecuadorian.
    Real - who have had a world-record �80m bid for United's Cristiano Ronaldo accepted - have since stated that they have not shown an interest in Valencia since January.
    However, Whelan has declared that United have been in contact with JJB Stadium officials for the past two to three months and that they have also submitted initial offers.
    He told Sky Sports News when asked about Valencia: "They (United) have been in touch with us and we will be starting negotiations very shortly, I would imagine.
    "United have been in touch with us over Antonio for the last two or three months, expressing an interest and actually putting cash offers on the table.
    Strong interest

"Those things have got to be picked up now. I think they were waiting to see if Ronaldo actually went to Real, which has happened."
    He added: "Things will develop over the next seven to 14 days.
    "The master, which is Sir Alex [Ferguson], he makes his moves when he is ready. He has strong interest in Antonio, there is no question in that.
    "He had him watched practically every, single match last year. He has got a very strong interest in him. We are just sat on the fence now."
    Whelan, though, is adamant that Wigan - who are currently without a manager following a backroom-staff compensation hitch in their attempts to appoint Roberto Martinez - are not eager to cash in on Valencia.

Desperate

"We are not desperate to sell Antonio, I'm telling you. If I can keep that lad, I'm going to keep him. He is one brilliant player," added Whelan.
    "So there is no pressure on me, or our football club to sell him. If Man United don't want to make a (written) offer, I'll be delighted and we will have him in our team next season."
    But Whelan admits that he will not stand in the 23-year-old's way if he expresses a desire to move to Old Trafford and an asking price is met.
    He said: "What is difficult is to stop a lad like Antonio Valencia, who has got ambition. It is difficult to stop a footballer, who wants to get to the very, very top of the ladder.
    "I would never stand in the way of a footballer who can go to bigger and better clubs, and you can't get bigger and better than Man United.
    "If Antonio Valencia says to me, 'chairman, I want to go to Manchester United' and we get the right fee, the deal will be done."

11. jv9008

jv9008 Member

Oct 3, 2006
    Silver Spring, MD
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
  12. \^the king^/

\^the king^/ Member

Jul 4, 2007
    wherevr da action @
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Re: Antonio Valencia

boy, was he wrong.:rolleyes:

13. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY

LOL I found a couple other classics. This definitely belongs at the top of the Top 10 moronic things ever said by AF. Luckily time has proven him wrong.

14. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY

I don't know but he's probably either reading these comments and steaming mad because he can't respond - OR he found some other people to annoy.

We all enjoy critical analysis...but it has to be within the context of a logical discussion. AF claimed to have amazing and grand knowledge and understanding of the game - but his only contribution was being contrarian for it's own sake. It's very easy to come on here and say that "so-and-so sucks" and "he will not make it in Europe". The fact is, most players don't, whether they are from Argentina, Brazil, or Ecuador. Maybe 1 out of 4. Therefore, since he's arguing against the popular Ecuadorian opinion, yet he has the odds in his favor, the most likely outcome is that he gets to taunt us and say "see, I told you. I'm so smart."

The truth of the matter, however, is borne out over time. It was very hard to defend Valencia 3 years ago, because he was loaned out to a 2nd division team and we figured he'd be another Kaviedes or Tin Delgado living a short life in Europe. But the reality is, due to his amazing talent, AND also a little bit of luck, he finds himself tempted by Europe's top teams. He could have ended up with the wrong coach, or the wrong teammates, and easily not been in the position he is in today. Then you all know AF would still be on here telling us that Valencia sucks and that none of us know anything about football.

15. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

unfortunately he got red carded....

16. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY

Looks like we'll know on Friday.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...inger-Valencia-choose-United-Madrid-week.html

Wigan chairman Dave Whelan: 'I think he is an outstanding player and he would fit in at either Manchester United or Real Madrid. There is no doubt that he will end up at one of those clubs – it's just a case of which one he wants to end up at.'

Nice choice....hmmmm....Megan Fox or Scarlett Johanssen??

17. viagoal

viagoal Member

Jan 5, 2005

Only Antonio knows what is best for him... I'll support his choice in team...
    They are both top clubs in Europe and he would fit in either club.
    I wish him all the luck in the world.

18. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

Been reading the ManU forum and a lot of people believe that he is not better than Nani.

19. damnecuadorian

Mar 11, 2007
    SF & NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
  20. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

Valencia ya es un Red Devil
    Arregló con el United y se someterá a las pruebas médicas
    2009-06-28 21:06:04
    Manchester, Inglaterra

De acuerdo a información de última hora proveniente de Inglaterra, el Manchester United y Antonio Valencia llegaron a un acuerdo para que el centrocampista amazónico se sume a las filas de los Diablos Rojos. En las próximas horas, el ecuatoriano se someterá a las pruebas médicas de rigor antes de oficializar su traspaso.

Desde la temporada pasada, cuando se conoció el interés de Sir Alex Ferguson en Valencia, el Ecuador entero estaba a la espera de lo que ocurriese con el mejor futbolista ecuatoriano en la actualidad, a quién el Wigan Athletic se rehusaba a verlo marcharse de sus filas, a menos de que ofrezcan lo que realmente vale.

Este domingo en horas de la noche (madrugada del lunes inglés), varios rotativos británicos, entre los que se destacan ‘The Mirror’, ‘The People’ (entre otros), han confirmado lo que para muchos podría ser un sueño. Un ecuatoriano vestirá la camiseta de uno de los mejores equipos en la historia del fútbol mundial.

Como lo había anunciado futbolecuador.com con anterioridad, la llegada de Valencia a Old Trafford era sólo cuestión de tiempo, y lo mas seguro era que todo se cierre este fin de semana, después de que el jugador regrese a Inglaterra de sus vacaciones en Ecuador. Pues Valencia regresó, y ahora se une a los Diablos Rojos de Ferguson.

Serían 15,25 millones de libras ($24,4 millones), los que el United habría pagado para ficharlo. También se habla del salario que recibirá en su nuevo equipo, llegando a una cifra cercana a las 75 mil libras al mes (120 mil dólares), cuadriplicando lo que recibía en el Wigan Athletic.

De esta manera el técnico escocés finalmente completa su primera adquisición en este verano y de acuerdo a lo que se menciona en la prensa inglesa, Ferguson iría ahora por el delantero estrella del Lyon, Karim Benzema y por el ‘Niño Maravilla’ del Udinese, Alexis Sánchez, para completar sus refuerzos de cara a la próxima temporada.

En las próximas horas ‘Toño’ se someterá a las pruebas médicas de rigor antes de ser presentado oficialmente en Old Trafford. Como lo anuncian por allá, es un ‘sueño cumplido’ para Antonio el fichar por el Man U. Es un sueño también para todo un país que ahora observará a uno de sus mejores talentos, jugar en uno de los tres mejores equipos del planeta. Valencia ya es un Red Devil.
    (DEO)

21. GW Emperor

GW Emperor New Member

Oct 26, 2008
    Newcastle upon Tyne
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England

[​IMG]

22. viagoal

viagoal Member

Jan 5, 2005
    Catchy tune ! :whistling:

23. viagoal

viagoal Member

Jan 5, 2005
    AV7 is boss :cool:

24. ecuafutbolfreak

Jun 3, 2004
    Quito
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    WHy is this made? So you guys can suck his c--k even more than you already do? He is playing bad now, and he needs to step it up!

25. yoryi

yoryi Member

Oct 11, 2005
    Boogie Down BRONX!
    I read this,,, and I laugh,,,true classics,,,lo. Just another I told ya so.