seleccion Mexicana de futbol - 2003

Discussion in 'Mexico' started by Levante, Dec 15, 2002.

1. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    seleccion sub20

hoy en Homestead -fla

mexico 2-0 USA, los jovenes del atlas anotaron y bailaron a usa que se quedo con 10 jugadores -faltando 20 minutos para el final

pagaron boleta: 5,236 personas - estadio lleno

2. EvilRick

EvilRick New Member

Jun 4, 2000
    Guadalajara
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Re: seleccion sub20

Slight correction:

USA 1 Mexico 3

According to a Yank in the junior threads: "Mexico cheated" :D

3. Various Styles

Various Styles Member+

Mar 1, 2000
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Re: Re: seleccion sub20

Mexico used overaged players "Cachirules" :p

4. fdp

fdp Red Card

Oct 24, 2001
    Re: Re: Re: seleccion sub20

your joking right?

5. Various Styles

Various Styles Member+

Mar 1, 2000
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Re: Re: Re: Re: seleccion sub20

Yes sir im joking. I was making reference to the "Cachirules" that got Mexico banned from Italy 90..

6. fdp

fdp Red Card

Oct 24, 2001
    Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: seleccion sub20

Tthats what I thought. Then there was that fellow on the other thread stating that Mexico cheated but gave no reason.

7. GRUNT

GRUNT Member

Feb 27, 2001
    Lake Oswego, OR
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Gentlemen, lighten up on the "cheating" comment. The man was only kidding!

Sheesh, you guys are starting to take this stuff pretty seriously. It's only the Americans, who gives a crap what they think? They will never be a legitimate contender on the world stage.

Now, onto a more important discussion...

What news can you share regarding the upcoming Argie-Mex match? What do you think of the Argie roster? The Tri's?

8. EvilRick

EvilRick New Member

Jun 4, 2000
    Guadalajara
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    We know, we are just throwing a few jabs ;)

9. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    Re: Re: seleccion sub20

apague el radio en el minuto 60 o 70 y despues se vino el descuento....yeap 3-1

mexico cheated?
    how is that possible, the red carded one was a young usian!

10. Levante

Levante Member+

Jul 28, 2001
    Let's do a Ricardo Mayorga

Did anyone see the Nicaraguan knock out Vernon Forrest last night? Well, we have only been throwing a few jabs, but I'm waiting to see what kind of knockout punch the new Mexies will be able to deliver against Argentina, Colombia and the like.

By the way, el Chato had a nice game today for Atlas and he even score a nice goal. Could he be back?

11. GRUNT

GRUNT Member

Feb 27, 2001
    Lake Oswego, OR
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Nicaraguan cheated!

12. KiQuE

KiQuE New Member

Aug 14, 2002
    Re: Let's do a Ricardo Mayorga

I was shocked to see that. I (like many others) thought Vernon was gonna win easily. But it just goes to show that nobody is unbeatable. Not to say that I thought Vernon was unbeatable, I just didn't think he'd lose to that guy.

13. Various Styles

Various Styles Member+

Mar 1, 2000
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Omar Bravo, por el "Cabrito"

CAMBIO de última hora en la Selección: Omar Bravo, de Chivas, y autor de dos goles contra el Cruz Azul, se incorpora al equipo en sustitución del "Cabrito" Arellano, quien por lesión no podrá enfrentar mañana a Argentina.

http://www.esto.com.mx/esto/030203/fut_inter/3fut_inter.asp

14. NacionalTJ

NacionalTJ New Member

Mar 13, 2001
    Tijuana, Baja Califo
    Omar Bravo

Excellent, Omar is an awsome player and one of the players I had in mind for the original list. I hope Lavolpe trains him well so that he wont become DeNigris 2.

15. riverplate

riverplate Member+

Jan 1, 2003
    Corona, Queens
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Players from Cruz Azul and UNAM will be involved with the Copa Libertadores right now, so don't expect to see too much of them initially.

16. Levante

Levante Member+

Jul 28, 2001
    Re: Omar Bravo

Good for him......this is the National team, Chiva or not, he deserves to be on the team.

Another Chivas player I like is Rafael "El Flamingo" Medina. I think that this kid has a lot of talent. He played with La Piedad when they were around.

17. GRUNT

GRUNT Member

Feb 27, 2001
    Lake Oswego, OR
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As the Tri represents our region tomorrow, this Yanqui wishes the best of luck to you. Run circles around 'em.

18. Levante

Levante Member+

Jul 28, 2001
  19. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Tri millonario

PHOENIX, Arizona, 12 de febrero.- Directivos de la Federación Mexicana de Futbol se reunieron hoy con ejecutivos del grupo Anschutz para negociar 20 partidos de la Selección Mexicana, en los siguientes cuatro años.

Este paquete de partidos le dejará ganancias millonarias a la Selección, que es el principal producto de la Federación Mexicana de Futbol.

El peso de los billetes verdes provocó que los directivos mexicanos le encontraran una nueva casa al Tri: Estados Unidos.

http://www.esto.com.mx/esto/030213/fut_inter/4fut_inter.asp

20. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    http://www.reforma.com/futbol/articulo/268418/default.htm

Inicia comercialización del Tricolor

Ciudad de México (11 febrero 2003).- Por fin la FMF puso manos a la obra para reemplazar el hueco dejado por el rompimiento con la firma Soccer 2000, al formar su propio brazo comercializador de la Selección Nacional, a cargo de seis presidentes de clubes del máximo circuito, con la ambición de recaudar 100 millones de dólares en este concepto.

21. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    I am glad that they broke off with Soccer 2002 and went their seperate ways.

They now have more control and will certainly make more money.

They forecast 100 M USD this year alone. And thats just with Nike, Televisa, and AEG. It could very well be more once they sign with more sponsors from Mexico and the US.

22. Levante

Levante Member+

Jul 28, 2001
    Where does this money go in the end?

23. PumaBear

PumaBear New Member

May 5, 2001
    back in el defectuoso
    In a radio program here in DF (Estadio 590), they touched the subjet of AEG's involvement with our seleccion. Every Tuesday mornign they have a guy, Luis Ramon Carazo, that analyzes sports form a business point of view. Anyway he researched "uncle" Phil's deals regarding sports and entertainment and he questioned the decision of FMF entering into an agreement with this group. The reason: he found out that AEG charges very high comissions on services provided for the arrangement of events. What Carazo said basically is that he felt that FMF was betting that AEG would help get so much more business that the higher commission would be offset by the volume of events that this arrangement would generate. No wonder thay are talking about 22 games or so and maybe most in the US? Who knows if in the end this deal will bring more dough to Mexico after all... Just guessing.

24. Various Styles

Various Styles Member+

Mar 1, 2000
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    PumaBear

Since partnering up with AEG the ticket prices for Mexico games have gone up in price. Regular prices used to cost 18-20$ and it was general admission where you could sit anywhere. Now regular seating cost 25-30$ with prefered seating going up to $75..

25. PumaBear

PumaBear New Member

May 5, 2001
    back in el defectuoso
    Mmmmmhhhh interesting. Market segmentation strategies. What do you get if you pay the preferred seating prices? Let's see if over the long run, attendance will remain high