Seleccion de PARAGUAY (r)

Discussion in 'CONMEBOL' started by efernandez9, Jul 31, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dan-ny-m398

Dan-ny-m398 Member

Aug 25, 2004
    Long Island NY
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    Paraguay
    Usually not, sometimes he plays in the second half, after he had a terrible game in the first game of the WCQ he hasn't gotten much playing time.

2. Latin Pride

Latin Pride Member

Aug 1, 2004
    In your house
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Cardozo in for Santa Cruz, who was invisible today.

I don't think we have been that bad but we are looking bad because France is just playing very well, Benzema is causing nightmares for our guys.

3. Latin Pride

Latin Pride Member

Aug 1, 2004
    In your house
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    WTF did I tell you!!!!! :mad::mad:

Looks like we are gonna have to settle with Cardozo as the sole striker :rolleyes:

4. Olimpero

Olimpero Member

Oct 11, 2005
    Asuncion, Paraguay
    FT 0-0

Our second half perfomance was way better, we attacked a bit more. The defense felt more confortable in this half, the defending was more solid. We just need a striker that can play well with either cardozo or roque. Overall a good match

5. Latin Pride

Latin Pride Member

Aug 1, 2004
    In your house
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    FT: France 0-0 Paraguay

Wasn't a pretty game but our defense did well, we soaked up any French attack that came our way and the midfield wasen't too bad either when Caceres, Barreto, and Estigarribia where in there and Aureliano Torres was also pretty good out there, I really wouldn't mind if he was our backup for Vera.

Midfield became a mess as soon as Santana came in coincidence or not, he has no business in the NT.

Our attack was pretty invisible, Roque was nowhere to be found, Haedo showed guts but couldnt hang on to the ball, I say Cardozo was our best forward out there today.

6. Zitor

Zitor New Member

Nov 21, 2004
    Chicago
    Time for a Salvador?

7. Olimpero

Olimpero Member

Oct 11, 2005
    Asuncion, Paraguay
    I think we missed him badly. Apart from being a great finisher, he can link up our midfield and the main striker, and that's something we lacked badly in this match.

8. Dan-ny-m398

Dan-ny-m398 Member

Aug 25, 2004
    Long Island NY
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    Paraguay
    Is pretty good result if you take into account our Friendly record, 1w 6L 6T , we played a pretty good game we had some chances, to me our strikers should be Santa Cruz- Cabanias and Cardozo our 3rd striker, Haedo just can't score and I have no words for Dante Lopez, Ganzo had a really good game, and this Estigarrivia guy is also pretty good.

9. Gnafron

Gnafron Member

Sep 5, 2005
    Lyon, Cx-Rousse
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    You've got a very nice and solid team…

10. Latin Pride

Latin Pride Member

Aug 1, 2004
    In your house
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Good luck at the Euro, Benzema is a monster... the commentators where comparing him with Zidane.

11. Latin Pride

Latin Pride Member

Aug 1, 2004
    In your house
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Lets not forget we missed some VERY important players in this game.

Morel, Riveros, Vera, and Cabañas are vital for the team, we could have had a much better game if they played.

And I said it once and I'll say it again, Dario Veron >>>> Julio Caceres.

12. magia

magia New Member

Jan 5, 2005
    Asuncion
    Caceres is a sacred cow:eek:

13. Latin Pride

Latin Pride Member

Aug 1, 2004
    In your house
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    At least he thinks he is :p

14. Dan-ny-m398

Dan-ny-m398 Member

Aug 25, 2004
    Long Island NY
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    Paraguay
    *f*u*c*k julio caceres

15. Latin Pride

Latin Pride Member

Aug 1, 2004
    In your house
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    You really hate him dont you? :eek:

16. Zitor

Zitor New Member

Nov 21, 2004
    Chicago
    Why do you hate him so much? Wasn't he Olimpia's?

17. Dan-ny-m398

Dan-ny-m398 Member

Aug 25, 2004
    Long Island NY
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    Paraguay
    Aren't you that Closet Cerro portenio fan that shows up after the Clasicos jejeje??

JC Caceres is a worthless piece of scum one of the most money hungry players (in a very tacky way) I ever seen.

I don't know how much you know about the Paraguayan league but after Olimpia won the Libertadores in 02 with a bunch of unknown nobody's, Olimpia was supposed to make some decent money with the sale of those players, but Orteman, Rodrigo Lopez, JC Caceres and others found a way to leave the team without leaving any money to the Club, I heard that it cost the club somewhere around 10million dollars, that is a huuuuuge amount for a Paraguayan team, that is enough money to run the club for around 3 seasons or more.
    Osvaldo DOminguez Dibb (Olimpia's President at the time) the mastermind behind our 3 Libertdores went to the Regular courts to sue those players and was suspended for 5 years by FIFA, he is still suspended and we have bunch losers running the club, like it was Cerro Portenio or something.

There is also a lot of other incidents involving, JC Caceres, he was the mastermind behind a "boycott" of the Intercontinetal against Real Madrid.

Before the game he threaten not to play if he wasn't payed the 15k$ he was owed, not a very professional move , especially before you play the best team in the world at the time.

He did the same thing in River Plate a couple of years ago, the morning before the game against libertad, He said he wasn't going to play if he didn't get a new contract, once again a very unprofessional move before a elimination game, Man I can go on and on with examples of him doing very selfish things like that but he is not worth the time, oohhhhh and who can forget the 6-0 mexico spankin' we got, the 3 goals first goals were clearly his fault.

18. Latin Pride

Latin Pride Member

Aug 1, 2004
    In your house
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    He also has a habit of trying to pull out of games and is probably the most overrated player on the team.

The 6-0 against Mexico would have never happened if it wasn't for Caceres.

19. Latin Pride

Latin Pride Member

Aug 1, 2004
    In your house
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Weird how Pepe Cardozo said that Pablo Zeballos is the next him, if I where to compare anyone to Cardozo it would be Cabañas.

20. magia

magia New Member

Jan 5, 2005
    Asuncion
    Some people of the sport press was saing that it would be interesting to use Zeballos and Cabañas in the game against Bolivia in la Paz mmmaybe...

By the way I think that Zeballos its going to make an effort if he wants to have some game time against Brasil;)

21. Latin Pride

Latin Pride Member

Aug 1, 2004
    In your house
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    It's said that a Scottish team has shown interest in Paulo Da Silva and its said that it could very well be Celtic.

Would be a great move if he does go to Celtic, he's a fantastic defender and I always thought he deserved to go to a better club (no offense to Toluca)

22. Latin Pride

Latin Pride Member

Aug 1, 2004
    In your house
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Well Roque already admitted to not playing well at all in high altitude so I think he should sit for that game.

Maybe Cabañas and Zeballos would work considering both play in high altitude already and have been used to it but it is a huge gamble to play Zeballos because we don't know if he is ready for that kind of game.

If not Zeballos then I would put Cardozo in with Cabañas, I still have alot of faith in that partnership.

23. Dan-ny-m398

Dan-ny-m398 Member

Aug 25, 2004
    Long Island NY
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    Paraguay
    I guess Roque is going to Manchester, it is said that they are offering 30million $ for him, I just hope he gets playing time and keeps up the level of play that he has been shwing lately, and Manchester would double his 50,000$ a week salary, I think he will be pretty motivated in the next 2 WQC coming up jjejejeje,

P.S I finally got tickets to the game, I was one of the lucky ones I just payed double the amount , because I bought a bunch of them.

24. Dan-ny-m398

Dan-ny-m398 Member

Aug 25, 2004
    Long Island NY
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    Paraguay

I think we still should go with Cabanias and Roque up front , both of them are on fire, I don't even know why there is a discussion weather Haedo should be starting, every other forward in our team is playing great , while he is struggling to even get playing time in his team,

THe alttitude thing doesn't kick in until about the last 25 minutes of the second half, so by then if Roque is tired Tacuara Cardozo should come in.

25. Dan-ny-m398

Dan-ny-m398 Member

Aug 25, 2004
    Long Island NY
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    Paraguay