Seleccion de PARAGUAY (r)

Discussion in 'CONMEBOL' started by efernandez9, Jul 31, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zimbabwe_National

Zimbabwe_National New Member

Jan 15, 2007
    Harare, Zimbabwe
    yea..I was happy with out performance, we sent a C side with Eboue the only regular in the line-up, the rest were a bunch of reserve players like kandia and Ndri. but good game.

2. Latin Pride

Latin Pride Member

Aug 1, 2004
    In your house
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Aren't Copa, Zoro, and Zocora regulars too?

3. vancity eagle

vancity eagle Member+

Apr 6, 2006
    yes they are, i think he was exaggerating, I saw the match CIV had probably 5 starters in this game, but they were missing their best attacking threats and both Toure brothers. Paraguay as I understand were severly understrength as well. Either way I thought CIV dominated, but as usual gave up a soft goal, and couldn't make the most of their possession.

4. Latin Pride

Latin Pride Member

Aug 1, 2004
    In your house
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    We're gonna be heavily understrengthed against France. Missing Cabanas, Vera, Morel, and Caceres due to the Libertadores and Riveros and Bonet due to the Mexican Championship finals.

I'm not too stressed about Caceres as I think Veron is better then him anyways and Bonet is usually bench but the rest are KEY players.

Hope we don't embarrass ourselves too bad out there :(

5. Dan-ny-m398

Dan-ny-m398 Member

Aug 25, 2004
    Long Island NY
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    Paraguay
    Morel and Riveros are suspended for the Brazil game and this is supposed to be a game to try the starting line up against Brazil, Caceres is a piece of Garbage and hopefully he won't play against Brazil, but we are going to be missing Vera en Cabanias they are huge part of the team but most important of all will be the attitude the team takes to the game, If they play like bitches (like every friendly) we will get embarras even if we had the A+++++++ team, if we play like a real game, we have a very good chance to beat them.

BTW I can't get tickets for the Brazil vs Paraguay game, I'm traveling 7000 miles to see that game , It will really suck to go there and have to watch the game on tv.

6. Latin Pride

Latin Pride Member

Aug 1, 2004
    In your house
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Paredes had a good game against Ivory Coast... if he keeps it up I wouldn't mind him filling in for Riveros, I would take Paredes over Jonathan Santana any day.

Yeah didn't you hear about the ticket problems their having for the game? Appearantly the most affordable ones aren't available, but I think you can still get tickets but just gotta drop big bucks for them (about 250 guaranies), if you got US dollars you should be fine.

7. Latin Pride

Latin Pride Member

Aug 1, 2004
    In your house
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Danny, how is the situation in Paraguay anyways? I been thinking about taking a trip to Asuncion as soon as I can but don't wanna stay with family. My couisin told me that it has actually been pretty safe there, and how are the prices there?

I haven't been there since I was a kid so I really don't remember too much of anything from there.

8. Dan-ny-m398

Dan-ny-m398 Member

Aug 25, 2004
    Long Island NY
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    Paraguay
    I was there last year for the first time since I was a 13, and to be honest , it was much much better than what I expected, a lot of fun, $$ went a looooong way compared to NY, and it is pretty safe, there is crime but same that you will expect in any city, if you read the paper you would think that Brooklyn is just as bad as Iraq but if you go there U'll see is not that bad, same with Paraguay, if you just read the paper U'll think is very scary, but when U get there you'll see that is OK,

IF you go now, Plane tickets are very expensive 1200$ is the cheapest I found, and $$ are worth 20% less than last year, also Partying maaaann they are insane there, they go out everysingle night of the week, I don't know how they do it but bars and Clubs are full of people every day of the week and U don't spend much there either, I took my cousins out with me, 4 people I payed for drinks, food and everything and I would spend about 25$ bucks in a really nice club or even a really good restaurant would cost me 30$ for 4 people anyways you have to add 20% now to it since $$$ are worth less.

9. magia

magia New Member

Jan 5, 2005
    Asuncion
    I live in Paraguay, what do you want to know guys?

10. Latin Pride

Latin Pride Member

Aug 1, 2004
    In your house
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Hey whats going on with the ticket situation for Paraguay vs Brasil over there?

11. Latin Pride

Latin Pride Member

Aug 1, 2004
    In your house
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    FT: Japan 0-0 Paraguay

From what I hear, they played better in the 1st half and we played better in the 2nd half.

Can't complain about the game considering the inexperienced team we had, and the fact that Japan had a few key players and where at home.

12. thenucleus

thenucleus New Member

May 27, 2008
    Hi all

I'm in the process of compiling a list of all South American footballers to have represented their countries. I have a question that I hope someone can help with: I have two names for Paraguay - Julio Cesar Yegros and Juan Carlos Yegros. Are these two different people? A lot of sources mix up the two names. If they are different, which one represented Paraguay at France 98?

I also want the full names. I have Julio Cesar Yegros Torres. If they are different people, does anyone know Juan Carlos' full name?

Thank you

13. Dan-ny-m398

Dan-ny-m398 Member

Aug 25, 2004
    Long Island NY
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    Paraguay
    It's Julio Cesar Yegros, he was part of the NT for a long time he was in the Olympics in 92, WC in 98 and everywhere in between , the Juan Carlos Yegros might be a wickepdia typo or something like that, Julio C Yegros is still playing professionally in a second division team in Paraguay.

14. Latin Pride

Latin Pride Member

Aug 1, 2004
    In your house
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    This is the list that is going to France,

ARQUEROS: Justo Villar (Newell's, Arg.) Aldo Bobadilla (Independiente de Medellín, Col.).

DEFENSORES. Paulo Da Silva (Toluca, Méx.), Julio Manzur (Pachuca, Méx.), Darío Verón (Pumas UNAM, Méx.), Pedro Benítez (Libertad), Jorge Núñez (Cerro Porteño), Denis Caniza (Cruz Azul, Méx.) y Aureliano Torres (San Lorenzo, Arg.).

MEDIOCAMPISTAS. Edgar Barreto (Reggina, Ita.), Víctor Cáceres (Libertad), Carlos Paredes (Olimpia), Jonathan Santana (Wolfsburgo, Ale.) y Sergio Aquino (Libertad).

DELANTEROS. Roque Santa Cruz (Blackburn Rovers, Ing.), Nelson Haedo (Borussia Dortmund, Ale.), Oscar Cardozo (Benfica, Por.), Marcelo Estigarribia (Cerro Porteño) y Dante López ( Libertad).

And watch Dante Lopez somehow still get playing time :rolleyes:

15. magia

magia New Member

Jan 5, 2005
    Asuncion
    WELL the tickets were out two days after they start to sale them, but most of them were bought by revendedores who are now selling them for 3 times their originall price, so if you people want tickets you will have to look for the revendedores. And it seems to me that a lot of people are not going to buy the tickes in sign of protest (even Romerito told the people to not this game) but we will see.

16. Dan-ny-m398

Dan-ny-m398 Member

Aug 25, 2004
    Long Island NY
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    Paraguay
    It's insane getting tickets the cheapest I found is double the price, and I promissed a lot of my family members I will take them to the game , so I have to buy at least 8 tickets , it is not that cheap when U add everything up, as for Romerito, nobody will listen to him, wasn't he asking people to vote for the colorado party?? I hate buying from revendedores but there's no way in hell i'm missing this game, and a lot of people are thinking the same way, I expect a full stadium even after the high prices.

17. Dan-ny-m398

Dan-ny-m398 Member

Aug 25, 2004
    Long Island NY
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    Paraguay

There is no way Dante Lopez will get playing time in this game, unless somebody gets hurt, this is getting insane already, this guy is useless, he got so many chances already and hasn't been able to do anything, he is not even starting regularly in libertad, If Salvador Cabanias had this many chances before the WC , maybe we would have not been 3 and out.

18. Latin Pride

Latin Pride Member

Aug 1, 2004
    In your house
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    You never know, Tata is infatuated with the guy for some crazy reason... I wouldn't be surprised at all if he came in for one of our strikers somewhere in the 2nd half.

19. Latin Pride

Latin Pride Member

Aug 1, 2004
    In your house
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    This is the probable lineup against France.......

Justo Villar

Dario Verón, Paulo Da Silva, Pedro Benítez

Denis Caniza, Aureliano Torres

Sergio Aquino, Edgar Barreto, Victor Cáceres

Roque Santa Cruz, Nelson Haedo Valdez

Unlike against Ecuador where France used a experimental lineup, their gonna be using a full strength team against us so it should be a very tough game.

20. Latin Pride

Latin Pride Member

Aug 1, 2004
    In your house
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Here's the lineup for both teams for today's game

[​IMG]

France is gonna be packing heat so we really need to step up for this one.

PS: Patito sucks, I rather have Paredes in his place.

21. Dan-ny-m398

Dan-ny-m398 Member

Aug 25, 2004
    Long Island NY
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    Paraguay
    We better get our shit together for this game, or else we will get embarrassed big time, any streams available for this game??

22. Latin Pride

Latin Pride Member

Aug 1, 2004
    In your house
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Go to Rojadirecta.com, they have a bunch of streams.

23. Olimpero

Olimpero Member

Oct 11, 2005
    Asuncion, Paraguay
    Half time 0-0

I haven't seen the whole half(i started watching around the 25th minute), but we aren't playing bad, we aren't shining, but could've been worse. Ribery had the best chance to score, but apart from that, the match is nothing special. Benzema is giving a headache to our defenders, though

24. benficafan3

benficafan3 Member+

Nov 16, 2005
    Cardozo is not a starter?

25. Dan-ny-m398

Dan-ny-m398 Member

Aug 25, 2004
    Long Island NY
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    Paraguay
    Not a bad first half, thank god they took Aquino out, he is playing like garbage, and Haedo maaaann he can't stop the ball to save his life jesus Christ, he needs to be on the bench or not in the team.