Seleccion de Ecuador 2005- Part 3 [R]

Discussion in 'Ecuador' started by regulator, Oct 10, 2005.

1. regulator

regulator Member

Apr 25, 2004
    New Jersey
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. ecuajhony

ecuajhony New Member

Jan 13, 2005
    Maryland-Laurel
    i would like to see Mina and Borja playing vs Chile next week

i see Mina as our future Tin

man!!!! i dont know what are we goin' to do without el "Tin" :(

thats why we need to work fast and give these guys some minutes now

3. ecuafutbolfreak

Jun 3, 2004
    Quito
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    couldn't agree more johny! i say we get these guys in and get them the experience needed. but look, when el tanque was playing at his best, we were saying the same thing. ofcourse it is not the best comparison, as Tin is alot more talented then tanque, no offence, but it's true.

who am i kidding, i am gonna miss Tin... :(
    he is not only talented and our best foward we ever had *national team wise, he did more then anyone else*... but we could improve in other areas to make up for his absence. but guys like Mina, Borja, and Felipe Caicedo look to be great prospects. let's hope for the best.

4. regulator

regulator Member

Apr 25, 2004
    New Jersey
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i think if they called up kaviedes, they might as well play him. i would start kaviedes and mina up top, as their styles of play complement each other. i would have borja come off the bench, and salas if necessary. give el tin the day off...maybe have him go into town and meet a chilenita or 3 :cool:

5. ecuafutbolfreak

Jun 3, 2004
    Quito
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    haha Tin could use that I am sure.
    but he is getting the night off, whether he likes it or not, as he picked up 4 yellows. so we will most likely see Kaviedes and Mina or Borja upfront. either suits me, Borja was interesting in his first competitive game, and I see he has potential, as does Mina, to be heavy hitters for us in the near future.

6. astabooty

astabooty Member

Nov 16, 2002
    China
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Its great that Ecuador have qualified again and now can have a free game vs Chile. I called up mu Ecuadorian family once the game ended. I wish I could have been in the staidum =\

7. ecuafutbolfreak

Jun 3, 2004
    Quito
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    same here. i got the fam in Riobamba and Guayaquil, both celebratin like crazy! wish I could be there now!
    i hope the Ecuador forum is here to stay. I am gonna let my peeps know about it!

8. astabooty

astabooty Member

Nov 16, 2002
    China
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    mis primos viven en miami y colombia ahora, asi no rumbiaron mucho y el tele de mis tios en quito no estuvo funcianando =\
    would have been so much fun to be downing pilsener and aguardiente the the estadio olimpico. then the parties after :)

9. loraz

loraz New Member

May 12, 2005
    Tweaking the formation

Holy crap! We got a Forum.

My sincere thanks to Bigsoccer. I have a big smile on my face.

well let me respiond to KaviedesFreak on why Lara shouold start. I want your opinion.

Ecuador played a fantastic game hands down and Uruguay's was defense perfect to say the least. It was a great game. Both teams showed incredible skill. Ecuador attacked throughout the game but we didn't score.
    I love Borja. he was a little pressured but did very well. I suggested borja and lara together and I hope suarez puts both of them on for Chile being that we are om the WC. These two are lethal weapons and communicate telepathically for lack of a better metaphor.

I am very happy with the way Ecuador played. It was a strong opposition. However, putting Roberto Mina in like that was a big mistake. He is a great player but he was not giving enough time to be in his true element. Kaviedes would have giving us the goal we needed to win.

Starting off with Lara instead of Valencia would have gave some interesting results. I feel like two goals would have sunk in if this was the case. After scoring, Borja leaves and Valencia comes in on the second half. I know Luis Fernando Suarez won't do that but if by any chance God directs him to this forum, let my suggestion be food for thought.

What youo guys think?

Again, Ecuador Played very strong and Uruguay did thier best to defend. Both teams displayed an artisitic beauty in thier skill.

10. afa10fef

afa10fef Member

Aug 13, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    i also agree with that, i think Lara should start, but the problem i would find is who i would take off. It would hurt me to take Valencia off haha, but i know Lara should be in the starting 11.

11. Ciclon_Ecuatoriano

Ciclon_Ecuatoriano New Member

Jun 3, 2005
    Toronto
    first off, since I been away, drinking my ass off, ECUADOR ************!!!!!
    we are in hermanos!!!

back to the topic, I also want to agree with Loraz, as soon as Lara was in, I noticed he and Borja connected right away! we had a few great chances to score, but failed to! And I don't know if anyone else noticed, but that Borja jumps HIGH! he is not called kanguro for nothing!!

he certainly is not going to disappear from the selecion like some players have, like mamita.

12. Ciclon_Ecuatoriano

Ciclon_Ecuatoriano New Member

Jun 3, 2005
    Toronto
    by the way, Valencia shouldn't lose his spot! he also played strong, and he is probably our biggest future stars playing today! he should not be comprimised.

but Lara looks great too... damn, it is tough, isnt it??

I know Salas has not played for us in the longest time, but I hope we don't forget what he is capable of. seems like some of us forgot the man

13. ecuafutbolfreak

Jun 3, 2004
    Quito
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I have to agree, Valencia should not be compromised. But it is hard, because who else do you take out for Lara? I always thought of players like Lara and Salas, impact layers who do great work coming off the bench.

does anyone else know who will start against Chile?

14. Ladic

Ladic Member

Jul 19, 2005
    Guayaquil
    I would like to see Guagua, Reascos, Villafuerte, Lara and mina from the get go.

15. regulator

regulator Member

Apr 25, 2004
    New Jersey
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    hmmm... mods (huss?) or anyone , can you merge this thread with the existing thread that was moved here from the s. america forum Seleccion de Ecuador 2005- Part 2 (r) ? thanks

16. loraz

loraz New Member

May 12, 2005
    First of all, if Suarez were to start off with Lara instead of Valencia, we will have a better attack. Valencia is strong but his stamina is not all that. Lara on the other hand plays strong throughout the game. Valencia should come on the second half. If this were to happen, the fresh pair of legs Valencia brings will change the game’s dynamics causing mass confusion for the opposition. Valencia is lethal but again, his lacks stamina. By placing him on the second half guarantees the team will benefit fully from his futbol talent. It’s like a game of chess; know where to place your pieces strategically.

The question is, who will come out on the second half? Is it Borja or Lara. I personally would want borja to come out.

As for Roberto Mina, He did nothing for the NT and that is not his fault. He needs to be acquainted with the team a bit more. The last game against Uruguay was not enough time and experience for him to gain by any means so placing him against Chile will be a waste.

God what a difference it made when Lara entered the game! He pushed forward just Like DLC! He was always in the Penalty box.

Salas, I don’t know what is up with him. He came in with flying colors and now nothing. Could his knee be in serious condition? What happened to his dance moves?

I also say give Carlos Tenorio another try.

17. Ladic

Ladic Member

Jul 19, 2005
    Guayaquil
    And why not start Lara AND Valencia Together? it is clear that it's not a good Idea to Line Up two "9's" up front, we need a classic "11", someone that can go on the outside and set up el Tin (like Kaviedes did 4 years ago), it is obvious that man is not Borja, but it should be Lara who has all the skills.

18. loraz

loraz New Member

May 12, 2005
    Well that will be good as well but remember, Borja and Lara play well together. I said it jokingly that they communicate telapathically because their transaction and execution is sharp. Valencia and Lara also play well together so starting off with them is good but lets not forget the stamina factor. I mean is Suarez was to start off with Valencia and Lara first and then take Valencia out on the second half and starting off with Borja on the second , maybe that would work as well.

I still prefer Lara and Borja to start off with only because they have better communication and Borja is ONE HELL OF A STRIKER!.

Valencia is a "finisher-upper" He is the finalizing variable in the NT if Suarez ws to use him in that manner.

19. Ladic

Ladic Member

Jul 19, 2005
    Guayaquil
    I don't like Borja he is not a Quality finisher, he is very much like Carlos Tenorio, Baldeon or Tanque Hurtado.

20. loraz

loraz New Member

May 12, 2005
    :confused: YOu don't like Borja? Why is that?

21. Ladic

Ladic Member

Jul 19, 2005
    Guayaquil
    Because he is not a good striker? :confused:

22. loraz

loraz New Member

May 12, 2005
    Wow...YOu think so? YOu didn't think he did well against Uruguay? I thought he kicked butt. He was jonny on the spot. Too bad he did not prove it with a goal which is what counts of course but I see him scoring for us big time in the future.

Comparing Borja to Baldeon is a wee bit much.

So what makes him IYO, not a good striker.

23. Ladic

Ladic Member

Jul 19, 2005
    Guayaquil
    He scored 0 goals despite having 2 clear chances, how is that doing good?
    Strikers are supposed to score goals.

24. Ladic

Ladic Member

Jul 19, 2005
    Guayaquil
    What makes a Striker Good? the ability to score goals, like apparently only Tin can do for us (out of all our strikers).
    What is the point of having players like Carlos Tenorio, Tanque Hurtado, Felix Borja, that can run, jump, dive kick, header, do whatever trick they can do, but at the end of the day, they just can't get it inside the net, when it counts?

25. loraz

loraz New Member

May 12, 2005
    You're right in that sense. We need finalizers. In the end, it is the goal that counts. Striker should finish off in order to call them good.

On the other hand, Tin had a bad streak until he came back from the dead. He did make some good passes but did not score for a minute. He came through for us.

Still, I think Borja plays a diffrent futbol and he has scored against the friendly Venezuela game. Borja should play aginst chile and if he does not score of at least pass to a goal, then I am going to have to agree with you. He just came in so keep that in mind. lets give him a chance. He offense was spectacular! He played very well against Uruguay.

for the record, Borja will surprise us. He is amazing