Seleccion de Chile !

Discussion in 'Chile: Selecciones Nacionales' started by Javi10, Jan 20, 2006.

1. soccer krazy

soccer krazy Member

Nov 30, 2005
    California
    Re: Chile 2010...

Does anybody know how Ignacio Quinteros is doing? he was called up to the chile national team a few times. but it does look like chile will have a very good team for the next world cup

2. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile

Can someone please merge this thread with the one I started about Chile last week, please?
    Metro :)

3. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Delanteros
    Willy Topp (U. Catolica) * Has played for Chile at every junior level, and he even had a trial with Man City. He is yet to make his pro debut, though. *

4. condor11

condor11 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 2, 2002
    New Zealand

no problem

5. Caturro

Caturro Member

Aug 3, 2004
    Chile
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Suazo has played a couple of times for the national team... I don't remember which games exactly, but I do remember the comments afterwards about people complaining he didn't play enough minutes to really see what he's capable of (Suazo would usually sub for either Navia). Whenever he would come in, though, he would play rather well. Right now, though, he's one of the "hot" forwards we've got in the Chilean league (together with Sanchez from Cobreloa and Villanueva from Audax Italiano).

I haven't heard about the Peru-Chile games... I wouldn't doubt it, though. There's something wrong with the world if Peru and Chile don't play at least once every year. :)

6. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    I think a problem Suazo has (maybe one of the just two flaws) to his game is that he tends to hold onto the ball a bit too much at times. His temper seems to get flared up rather easily, as well.
    Villanueva is an attacking mid, and even a two-way middie for the U20s last year, but yes he is the top goal scorer in Chile right now.

7. Caturro

Caturro Member

Aug 3, 2004
    Chile
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    We need Elias. The guy isn't only our best player ever, but he's also a gentleman and deserves all my respect.

Honestly, I think the only way for Wanderito to succeed is for it to become a S.A., hopefully as far away from Choco Panda as possible. Maybe a company related to the port activity can invest in the team? They can probably build a new stadium while they are at it! Don't get me wrong, I love el Municipal... but our whole stadium infrastructure is in a pathetic state and better stadiums mean better training infrastructure, modern services... I think it'll make the whole "going to the stadium" experience a lot better.

The whole thing about Pinera investing money in Colo Colo has me worried that the smaller teams won't be able to catch up once ByN succeeds. :(

8. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    I think if we could get Don Elias, it should be in the management office. He did coach Wanderito once, and we ended being relegated. He was part of the Con-Con coaching staff (3rd div.), and it did not pan out, the way he planned. what I meant in my initial post was that he should be involved somehow with the team, cuz as you said fans would more than definitely identify with him. He does not have much of a knack for coaching, or so it seems till now at least.
    I hope we can also get Roberto Rojas as part of the coaching staff with the NT.
    That won't be possible till at least the end of the year, as he signed to be the coach of Guarani (Paraguay).

9. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Liberos/centrales
    Luis Mena (Colo-Colo) *Puede jugar de libero, volante defensivo, y hasta de lateral derecho. *

10. FARFAN 17

FARFAN 17 Member

Jan 29, 2005
    Back in NJ :(
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    I had the pleasure to watch Mark Gonzalez play yesterday against Barca, and he is still the great player I watched when he was with Albacete. His speed is awesome. Great left winger :cool:

11. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    He tit the post, too....ughhh! :(

12. FARFAN 17

FARFAN 17 Member

Jan 29, 2005
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    Yea, off that great play :)

13. Caturro

Caturro Member

Aug 3, 2004
    Chile
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Que pena que Ormeno (de Valparaiso!) ocupe el puesto que le correspondaria a Maldonado en la Roja... que jugadorazo, de verdad. Me gustaria verlo en la seleccion... y si juega como jugo ayer contro Dep. Cali (Osorio tambien jugo super bien) puede ser un aporte importante.

Cual seria tu equipo para ir a la gira por Europa, MetroChile? Hay varios jugadores afuera (Jimenez, Mark Gonzales, Tello) que quizas tengan un puesto asegurado en la seleccion... pero empiezo a pensar que incluso hay suficientes jugadores de calidad como para hacer una seleccion de jugadores que solo juegan en Chile. :)

14. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Mi seleccion seria asi: Bravo (Lobos);C. Alvarez, Vargas (W. Ponce), Olarra, Tello?; Maldonado, J. Acuna, Jimenez, Pizarro?; Suazo, Pinilla (S. Gonzalez?)...

15. DonEliasFigeroua

DonEliasFigeroua Big Pimpin

Mar 13, 2006
    California
    did david pizarro quit la roja?

16. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Technically, he said he did. He said he was tired of having to fly all the time. Reading between lines, he probably was frustrated because out of the two qualifying campaigns, there was never much real success. On top of that, before Acosta took over, Pizarro's relationship with Olmos wasn't great, either.
    Common sense tells me he is gonna be convinced to be part of the squad again, no doubt.
    Oh, and welcome to these boards!
    Metro

17. DonEliasFigeroua

Mar 13, 2006
    California
    what about amtias fernandez he played well at U20 championship in holland

18. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    What about him?
    I think he is too young right now to have quit the NT. :rolleyes:
    He had a better SA U20 tournament, just like our whole team. In Holland, we only played one good game, maybe 1 1/2, if that.
    He has also been great in the Opening Championship this year, so far.

19. FARFAN 17

FARFAN 17 Member

Jan 29, 2005
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    Benitez expects Gonzalez to complete Reds move

LIVERPOOL, England, April 13 (Reuters) - Liverpool manager Rafael Benitez expects Chilean winger Mark Gonzalez to join the club in time for next season after being turned down for a work permit last August.

The 2005 European champions signed Gonzalez from Spanish club Albacete last July but loaned him to Real Sociedad after he failed to secure a permit to play in the Premier League.

'Mark is playing really well in Spain and he was man of the match last week against Real Madrid when he scored a goal,' Benitez told reporters on Thursday.

'He has pace and he also has a lot of quality. I can say he has more quality than a lot of players playing in the Premiership at the moment.

'I still don't understand how he was refused a work permit last season and I think they will reconsider that now.

'My idea is clear, it is to have Mark working with us at Melwood (training ground) in time for next season,' added Benitez.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=364675&cc=5901

20. Caturro

Caturro Member

Aug 3, 2004
    Chile
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    I heard somewhere that David Pizarro wants to be back in the national team... I can't find a reliable news source though... has anybody else heard about this?

21. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Go to www.mercuriovalpo.cl and click on the "Deportes" section.
    Carcuro also said it during last nite's news.
    Metro

22. DonEliasFigeroua

Mar 13, 2006
    California
    with pizarro back and mark gonzalez ready to be big in england they should qualify for 2010

23. DonEliasFigeroua

Mar 13, 2006
    California
    whats your eleven look like

here is mine

Manager:pellegrini

-----------Bravo------------
    Pinto-Vargas-contreras-Tello-
    ---------Maldonado----------
    -Mirosevic-Pizarro(C)-Gonzalez-
    -------Rubio----Pinilla--------

Subs
    Valdivia
    Sanchez
    Fernandez
    Alvarez
    Pardo
    Jimenez

24. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    If Sanchez leaves as president of the FA, and Pellegrini starts doing badly with V'real, then maybe, just maybe, he would consider taking over the NT.
    Metro

25. johansome

johansome Member

Jul 23, 2005
    Toronto
    Oh man i cant believe this.. apparently "El Pelao" Costa had said that Pizzaro will return to the national team after a phone conversation they had over the weekend, but now reports are saying that Pizzaro is denying wanting to come out of retirement..

what's wrong with this guy? He isn’t exactly the best player in Inter right now, the only reason he has played the last couple of games is because Veron is injured..

Don’t remember him playing as well for the national team as he did in Italy..
    although he is an asset on the national squad..
    I say close the doors on this guy and give players that want to play.. play..

Am sure that when Chile begins to play well and start winning he will reconsider..