Seleccion de BOLIVIA (r)

Discussion in 'Bolivia' started by JRedknapp11, Aug 13, 2002.

1. Bolivianfuego

Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    ^^^Agree.

Arce doesn't seem to be there too for similar reasons. Baldi said if M3 will reconsider he'd take him back. So he's putting ti on him, when M3 is putting it on Baldi.

Arce too, is not on the list I think from issues with Baldi.

2. dsauna

dsauna Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Fairfax, VA
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    So as we see there's many new players, I wanted to give some context as to who most of this guys are.

Gustavo Salvatierra. Goalkeeper, plays for Wilsterman. Couldn't figure out much about him.
    Juan Carlos Zampieri. Right back, plays for Sport Boys. Very fast, great techinique, 25 years old.
    Jorge Cuellar. Defender, Wilsterman. Played livertadores with Universitario. Great defender with a lot of future. Played next to Toco with Galindo in the grea u-17 we had. 24 Y/O
    Jorge Florez. I thought he was DMF, not sure. Did well in libertadores with la U. Also in his mid 20s
    Pablo Pedraza. Defender. plays for Real Potosi 20 yo. Played in the U-20 tourney this year. Great future.
    Mario Parrado Not sure about him. Saw this article. http://lapatriaenlinea.com/?nota=181192 Seems to be a promise.
    Gilber Alvarez I'm pretty sure everyone remembers him. He's playing great and scoring in Real Potosi.
    Leonardo Vaca and Alberto Pinto. Both 19 I believe one plays in oriente the other in Blooming. Invited. Haven't heard much about him.

I think we all know the rest. Let me know if you have any questions about any other one.

dreyx2000 repped this.
  3. ansuarez9

ansuarez9 Member

Nov 15, 2004
    Arlington
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I just read that Fernando Martelli is close to being naturalized, so he would be able to be called up for Bolivia. I don't really know who he is only that he's Brazilian. Any info on him?

dreyx2000 repped this.
  4. Dustyvinyl

Dustyvinyl Member

Jun 16, 2008
    Santa Ana,Ca
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Samuel Galindo got to play an official game Vs. Ecuador yesterday. I think he did very well, infact he was our best player and got fouled plenty of times and won aerial battles. I would say all he needs to do is work on the speed of his footwork and his face muscles (you heard me right) .

5. vivabolivar

vivabolivar Member

Jan 16, 2006
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I was surprised to see Galindo there as well. May be next time we see him and Gamarra holding the middle. I was surprised by Jhasmany Campos, he seemed like he was the only one pushing forward. he should have done better a couple of times (dribbled too much) but he gave a good effort against the shitty conditions in Ecuador.

6. letsplayfootball

Feb 15, 2009
    Leeds
    Club:
    Leeds United AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Alright guys! Quick question- I'm going to Bolivia with a friend of mine and happen to be La Paz for the Venezuela game, would love to go as I always root for Bolivia in qualifying and Copa America. How would I go about getting tickets? Cheers!

7. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Go directly to the stadium and buy them. That easy. Estadio Hernando Siles.

letsplayfootball repped this.
  8. letsplayfootball

Feb 15, 2009
    Leeds
    Club:
    Leeds United AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Ahh I thought so! Probably a stupid question in hindsight but thanks man. Hopefully get the new shirt if possible too!

No Martins though which is a shame hopefully both bejaranos are called up, Smedberg as I'd love to see Bolivia win.

Any recommendations about where to sit?

9. Eber1990

Eber1990 Member

Jul 1, 2008
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Preferencia is the best I guess, though a little more pricy. No danger of tickets selling out tho

10. Dustyvinyl

Dustyvinyl Member

Jun 16, 2008
    Santa Ana,Ca
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Both Bejaranos were called up along with Smedberg and Lizio.
    here's a video of today's first meeting :

Práctica Selección de Bolivia 02 11 2015:

Bolivianfuego repped this.
  11. dreyx2000

dreyx2000 Member

Apr 1, 2007
    How do you like them apples?

12. barcelonista1981

May 16, 2007
    GUAYAQUIL
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Congrats guys, :thumbsup:
    One more win on Tuesday and boom! you are right back in it.

13. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    This is great!! We needed this win VERY badly.

I wasn't too convinced by Baldi before, but he's an amazing motivator and that little 'warrior' to his king move that Ramallo did to Baldi salute, was awesome!

He has this team playing for him, and that's waht we need. I just hate that politics is stopping him from picking up the best players.

An insider told me for the last games before these, he wasn't calling Bolivar players because he got in a fight with Loayza. STUPID reason....to not call palyers.

Anyway--I am happy with how we looked. Reminded me of the paliza that we gave Argentina with how smoothly we attacked and good possession we kept. Beatuiful stuff. Now, he needs to invite the 'extranjero' players like Moreno back in the team little by little.

Baldi has some big ass balls...and it's paying off right now. He's got this team mentally where hew ants them.

14. dsauna

dsauna Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Fairfax, VA
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Agree with you. A lot of emotion in this game, it's been 10 years of not beating Venezuela after 7 or 6 to ones.

Baldi seems to not be liked in Bolivia much, people from Santa Cruz think he's anti camba, and the bolivar vs the strongest fight is on all the time, blaming him for putting Vaca or Cardozo, etc. Salinas is not happy with the new dirigencia, Loaiza is not happy with Baldiviezo.

That aside it was a great game big props to Ramallo, Cardozo, Lizio, Chumacero and Veizaga. Saavedra did really good too and he's only 17, a lot of future ahead of him. The defense is still very weak, I don't know why he keeps on putting Zenteno and Martelli.

This is the team I would like to see against Paraguay.

------------------------Vaca--------------
    Saavedra---Eguino--Martelli/someone else---Bejarano
    -----------Veizaga----Bejarano-------------
    ---Cardozo----------Campos/Lizio----------Smedberg
    --------------------Ramallo-----------------------

15. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Martelli was good. He's gritty, tough, and can be that presence we need back there to ruffle feathers. I'd like him with Eguino.

16. Dustyvinyl

Dustyvinyl Member

Jun 16, 2008
    Santa Ana,Ca
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    The referee is a joke in this qualifer vs. Paraguay. They should be playing at most 3 men down with the a near penalty call from a last man situation. The Venezuelen gives one red card for dissent.

dreyx2000 repped this.
  17. dreyx2000

dreyx2000 Member

Apr 1, 2007
    Agreed.

Also Martelli, he ONCE AGAIN lost the cover that resulted in the second goal. Why did you leave Raldes?!?!?

18. Dustyvinyl

Dustyvinyl Member

Jun 16, 2008
    Santa Ana,Ca
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Not only that but the first one went in because our 2 central defenders are just not good, they cant Jump or have the ability to defend in the air. We were given luck after we scored too but we got caught. besides us not having a goalkeeper and 2 trusty central defenders, Bolivia did okay.

19. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    We've always been weak in the air. Our defense...always a liability on set pieces and corners. I don't see this changing for a LONNNG time.

Only watched bits of the game, we looked to bunker and score, which we did...but then to take 2 goals in, in 10mins is a blower.

Anyone can give more insight into our play? That Yasmani Duk shot though, that thing was pure power!

I like how Baldi is taking bolivian league players and getting them to rise above their level. THat's a sign of a good coach. SO far, I am ahppy with the mental aspect of the game he has us playing.

Ecuador, a team we could have easily beat in their own house if not for some unluckyness and that crap PK, is top of the table. I think we're catching up.

Talks now too, of Marcelo Moreno coming to Bolivia for a couple of days, and Evo Morales will try to convince him to come back to the NT. LOL

20. vivabolivar

vivabolivar Member

Jan 16, 2006
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Honestly, would we be that much better calling Moreno? he retired from the team twice already didn't he? Lets keep calling the young guys

21. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Yea--I highly doubt he comes back. I actually like the team now. Lizio has been amazing, Duk and Ramallo fill the void up top. Ramallo knows how to score in La Paz...what else is needed? Use him like Botero in 2008-09. Marcelo Moreno though, at his best is class. We don't have that....but we may not need it either...

22. Dustyvinyl

Dustyvinyl Member

Jun 16, 2008
    Santa Ana,Ca
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    maybe we could get better but I also like our new options. For a counter style, Duk is actually better.

23. Dustyvinyl

Dustyvinyl Member

Jun 16, 2008
    Santa Ana,Ca
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I saw the 2nd half and pieces of the first. what I like is that mentality is changing in certain players, especially from our attacking players. Up until we scored , we looked confident on the ball but the momentum was completely lost after we scored. with continuity, the players should start understanding each other more and more.

I think the strategy was to defend in the 1st and attack in the 2nd.

Bolivianfuego repped this.
  24. Eber1990

Eber1990 Member

Jul 1, 2008
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Our Defense needs to improve. Looking forward to seeing Quiñones back next year. Also, Nelson Cabrera only has 2 more months on his nationalization so we get a decent CB there, unfortunately he's in his 30's too so only temporary fix. Idk why Baldi doesn't call Gutierrez (plays in Israel), he starts on all his games, he hasn't been called since he left Bolivar (Pre-Copa America).

25. dreyx2000

dreyx2000 Member

Apr 1, 2007
    Aren't Martelli and Zenteno about that age too anyway? Let's call Cabrera!