Seleccion de BOLIVIA (r)

Discussion in 'Bolivia' started by JRedknapp11, Aug 13, 2002.

1. vic_0002

vic_0002 New Member

Aug 13, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    What about Ochaizpur who played for Pumas?

2. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    welcome here vic 0002

what part of dallas do you type from?

ochaispur has not been call up in a long while, dale wilster is the expert around here....he will confirm or enlight us

3. dale_wilster

dale_wilster Member

Jul 4, 2001
    Cochabamba, Bolivia
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    if obsessive counts as an expert, then i am an expert...

ochaizpur does not even play in the bolivian league any longer. i have no idea if he is even playing football these days.

i am so excited about starting from zero..c´mon guys let´s keep this thread near the top!

4. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    dayview for nelson acosta and the new nats 8/27

vs Cobreloa

details?

5. dale_wilster

dale_wilster Member

Jul 4, 2001
    Cochabamba, Bolivia
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    i dont think they are televising the game in bolivia. listening to games on the radio suck... so i will have to wait for the highlight shows. i'll let you all know..

limbert mendez is playing well during the practices. although the financial problems may prove to be a distraction to the team.

6. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    jugo muy defensivo, pensando en Uruguay.

Bolivia no pudo superar al campeón chileno Cobreloa y terminó empatando en dos tantos. El partido se disputó en La Paz y Nelson Acosta ensayó el sistema táctico a emplear frente a Uruguay en el comienzo de las Eliminatorias.

La selección boliviana no pudo con el campeón chileno Cobreloa y se resignó a un empate 2:2 Patricio Galaz fue el verdugo de la defensa boliviana con dos goles marcados a los 8 y 72 minutos. Convirtieron para Bolivia, Diego Bengolea a los 21 y Richard Rojas a los 50 minutos. Los trasandinos abrieron el marcador con un remate de Galaz que desvió contra su propio arco el zaguero Oscar Sánchez. Bengolea igualó con un furibundo remate desde media distancia y puso en ventaja temporal a los bolivianos, Rojas, con otro disparo desde fuera del área. El empate chileno llegó sobre el final.

7. dale_wilster

dale_wilster Member

Jul 4, 2001
    Cochabamba, Bolivia
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    i saw the game, full report tomorrow

bright spots: limbert mendez and gatti ribeiro

8. dale_wilster

dale_wilster Member

Jul 4, 2001
    Cochabamba, Bolivia
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Bolivia 2, Cobreloa 2.

The fan turnout was pathetic at best. Only 7,000 fans filled mammoth Hernando Siles. Perhaps the cold drove them away, and those who did show up voiced their displeasure with the simple mistakes made by the team.

Obviously, the team was missing some key players who have yet to arrive from their foreign clubs. Those that did play Wednesday night provided mixed results.

Those that did not impress include the Argentine born goal keeper Leo Fernandez, Miguel Hoyos and Roger Suarez. Oscar Sanchez showed he is painfully slow on defense, however, he served some nice aerial passes from the back and his free kick was cm from a goal.

The central defense of Sanchez and Paz Garcia showed their lack of speed. Hopefully Juan Manuel Pena will solidify his spot.

I thought Limbert Morejon, who made his first appearance with the National side played well, but showed his inexperience at time. He is a skilled player not afraid to move up in the attack. Ribeiro replaced an ineffective Hoyos at the half and showed why he is probably the most valuable member of the team. With Colque out for most of the year, Morejon, although lacking Colque's speed and ball handling skills, will be an adequate replacement.

In the midfield, Richard Rojas and Diego Bengolea, who both are from San Jose proved to be solid players. Both also blasted long range shots scoring Bolivia's only 2 goals. This may be problematic in the future where relying on these shots may be too much. Countless other Bolivians tried outside shots that dribbled into the penalty box. Raul Gutierrez was ineffective.

I am afraid that Botero and Castillo will be fighting for the 2nd striker spot. Limbert Mendez was incredible. He had a knack for getting into the box and often played wide. He will be valuable if he can find a partner to finish his crosses. Andaveris and Suarez were also lost most of the game.

Limberg Gutierrez seemed to have lost some weight but really did nothing in his short time on the field. Baldivieso seemed winded, but managed to calm the team down late in the first half when the team really played alright.

Unfortunately most of the foreign based players wont be available for the Panama match on Sunday.

The game could have been 3-1, without Sanchez' own goal and with the freekick that hit the crossbar. I feel the team has room to improve, but it is obvious that players like Hoyos, Suarez and Andaveris are not cut out for the seleccion.

9. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    This really surprises me as I thought one or the other would be a certain starter. Especially Botero...

10. dale_wilster

dale_wilster Member

Jul 4, 2001
    Cochabamba, Bolivia
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    i'm just saying that limbert mendez is a BEAST. he was easily the best forward in last year's league tournament. i am glad we have better depth at the striker slot.

let us no longer have to endure anymore sucha suarez, andaveris, coimbra fracasos.

mendez is much better than castillo and botero at creating his own shot. he often plays wide and can serve passes into the box where castillo or botero need the ball.

11. dale_wilster

dale_wilster Member

Jul 4, 2001
    Cochabamba, Bolivia
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Friendly

Bolivia 3, Panama 0

Goals: Mendez, Ricaldi, L. Gutierrez

Panama was significantly worse than Cobreloa. After a week of complaining that "Bolivia has always played a 3-5-2 system", it was difficult to judge whether the system was better considering the opponent.

Again, Limbert Mendez was everywhere. He scored the first goal on a nice header and had several opportunities to score including one, where he tried to a bit too fancy.

21 year old Alvaro Ricaldi, from WILSTERMANN, making his first appearance with the National Team scored on a corner kick header. He played alright as one of the 3 defenders.

Positives: Mendez should have solidified his place as a starter and remains to be seen who he is paired with. Gatti Ribeiro made the cross on Gutierrez' goal. He continues to be able to push forward and drive by any defender. Gato Fernandez seemed much more comfortable than Leo Fernandez did against Cobreloa.

Negatives: Mendez still has not been able to find a decent striker partner, as Andaveris disappeared. I am still not convinced that Baldiveso is the answer. He is simply riding his legacy, and he is "chancho" right now, he is slow, although you can tell he has the skills of a #10. Diego Bengolea, who was one of the surprises against Cobreloa started on the left wing (normally where Colque plays) and was just horrible. He was much more comfortable in the Midfield. Luis Cristaldo, who turned 34 years old today, was useless. Hopefully Acosta will give Nacho Garcia his rightful place on the team.

The four players who play internationally will arrive on Monday. It remains to be seen how they adapt to the altitude and who will be starting against Uruguay.

12. dale_wilster

dale_wilster Member

Jul 4, 2001
    Cochabamba, Bolivia
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    three days before the match, the players are asking for more money. acosta is pissed.

i agree with him. at least wait after these first two games are finished and then sit down. no need for distractions and public distractions in the media.

acosta is also worried about our defense. i would have to agree especially as juan manuel pena is doubtful, although i think he will play. oscar sanchez and paz garcia are okay in the bolivian league, but against 3 forwards in montevideo.. it could be a long day.

it seems like botero and castillo are the 2 favorites, which is a shame after mendez has clearly been the best player in the 2 friendlies. if mendez does not get the start in la paz, then perhaps i dont know much about futbol.

13. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Why is Peña doubtful?

14. dale_wilster

dale_wilster Member

Jul 4, 2001
    Cochabamba, Bolivia
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    he was injured in the scrimmage.. and reports are that it may cause him to miss the match. but i am keeping my fingers crossed.. i don't want to see raldes in there.

15. dale_wilster

dale_wilster Member

Jul 4, 2001
    Cochabamba, Bolivia
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    5-0

what can you say? i expected 2-0 or even 3-0. sure it is easy to say that the missed penalty (the defender was clearly in the area) and a unjustified red card could have changed the outcome..but no one denies that the uruguay team is much superior to bolivia.

it is hard to evaluate the team in a game like this. all i can say is that the defense is horrible. the first minute of the game, we could not even move the ball out of the defense. oscar sanchez is horrible. ricaldi showed his inexperienc. hoyos should not even be playing the bolivian league, much less a WCQ.

we don't deny that our only chance is to win EVERY game in La Paz and perhaps steal a point on the road in venezuela or chile.. but does a team that loses 5-0 deserve to make it to Germany.

Wed is a must-win. Baldivieso needs to play from the beginning. Perhaps Acosta was conceding defeat and saving JCB for Wed.

Already the media is asking for Acosta's head.

one more thing... Cochabamba did not get the game live. There was not an agreement for the rights, which was announced 5 minutes before the game started. We fully expected to watch the game, but nothing. Typical Bolivian ridiculousness

16. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Que Verguanza.....

17. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    antes de jugar estamos 4 x4

Nelson Acosta, informó este martes de que dará entrada al defensa Juan Carlos Paz García, al centrocampista Julio César Baldivieso y a los delanteros Joaquín Botero y Roger Suárez, que no jugaron o salieron desde el banquillo en Montevideo.

Los futbolistas sacrificados serán los zagueros centrales Miguel Hoyos y Alvaro Ricaldi, el lateral Limber Morejón y el atacante José Alfredo Castillo, que formaron parte del grupo que perdió ante la selección rioplatense de forma estrepitosa por 0-5.

A diferencia de su actitud en las horas posteriores al partido del domingo, cuando se mostró abatido por el resultado, el entrenador señaló que confía en que su equipo juegue bien y venza a Colombia en el estadio Hernando Siles de la capital boliviana.

Este escenario, ubicado a 3.577 metros de altura, es habitualmente un campo complicado para los equipos visitantes, que tienen grandes dificultades para contrarrestar los problemas físicos que genera la altitud. Por eso, Acosta consideró que sus futbolistas "tienen que hacerse fuertes en La Paz".

Además, dijo que, pese a la primera derrota, el estado anímico de sus pupilos es bueno, y recordó que "no hay mejor manera de recuperarse que jugando". Respecto al rival, indicó que "Colombia va a tratar de contener a Bolivia y salir al contraataque".

maturana, anuncio tambien 4 cambios y otro esquema distinto a presentado vs Brazil.

18. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    sticky today:

1st game today @ 4pm

is that eastern or central time?

19. chaski

chaski Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 20, 2000
    redacted
    Club:
    Lisburn Distillery FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Turks and Caicos Islands
    Bol-Col 4 pm EDT
    Par- Uru 5:45 pm EDT
    Bra-Ecu 8:45 pm EDT

20. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Botero con tres
    Baldivieso con uno

Me sali de la oficina para ver este partido. Dios es grande. :)

21. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    felicitaciones bolivianos!

aprovecharon cada pendejjjo sin amor a la camiseta en el lado de colombia hoy!

4-0.... Historico

Podes postear aca reaciones de la prensa Boliviana?

22. dale_wilster

dale_wilster Member

Jul 4, 2001
    Cochabamba, Bolivia
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    glorious.

i was fortunate to attend the game in person .. i am writing this at the bus terminal waiting for my bus back to cochabamba.

with about 15 minutes left before gametime, the stadium's attendence was pitiful. the high ticket prices were definitely to blame. however, 5 minutes into the game, the stadium somehow filled up. i would guess about 28,000.

i have to give acosta credit, his move of putting roger suarez as left wing was brilliant. normally a forward.. i was not a big sucha fan.. however he played incredible today, moving the ball up the flank, providing wonderful crosses and for me, he was a big difference maker.

the colombians played with four in the back with mendez and botero at equal level. long balls to corner or over the top led to 2 of the goals.. they knew these balls were coming, to whom, and when.. yet they could not do anything about it.

botero's hattrick was one of the best performances i have ever seen.

both teams were exhausted in the final 10 minutes and they just wanted it to end. the injury to leo fernandez wasted one replacement, as i think j.a. castillo would have come in at the end.. and maybe have gotten the 5th.

everyone desperately wanted the 5th goal, in order to somehow compensate for the embarrasment in montevideo, but botero and mendez were both extremely tired.

i am still concerned about defense, paz garcia and sanchez make me cringe sometimes.

any questions just ask..i love talking about the possibilities.

23. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Any update on Peñas condition? I think him coming back would help solidfy the defense. And did/will Castillo get some signifcant playing time?

VIVA BOLIVIA

24. LOCO4UNITED!!

LOCO4UNITED!! New Member

Aug 15, 2000
    Section #120.
    Partido en diferido?

Alguien sabe si GOL Tv transmitira el partido en diferido?

VIVA BOLIVIA MIERD@!!!!!!

Dale Wilster,
    Me muero de envidia. Que no hubiera dado por haber estado alla. Pero bueno.

VIVA BOLIVIA MIERD@!!!!!!

25. Pibe#10

Pibe#10 Member

May 1, 2003
    ArmeniA
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    El cuarto gol fue un lujo, joya, piedra preciosa. La defensa Colombia en linea, se dejaron ganar la espalda, O. Cordoba, adelantado, que hermoso, la midio perfecta el hombre del Pase, y que definicion.

Felicitaciones, se la merecen.

un dia de estos, quiero ir a La Paz, para estar en la mitica altura, 3.677 metros.