Seleccion COLOMBIA (r)

Discussion in 'Colombia' started by sidspaceman, Jan 14, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mason16

Mason16 Member

Apr 11, 2001
    South Florida
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Llamaron a los jugadores de Colorado (aparte de Matroeni, quien es titular con la seleccion) por ser acostumbrados a la altura de Azteca. Si ellos jugan bien en los amistosos, pueden ser nombrados para el partido frente mexico.

2. ilovecolombia10 redded

Feb 6, 2005
    ay mira entro un caleno plastico al foros de donde vienes pibe :D

3. minus

minus Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2004
    Portugal
    Club:
    Junior Barranquilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Time and date for the match against U.S NT?

4. Pibe#10

Pibe#10 Member

May 1, 2003
    ArmeniA
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    El marzo 9 creo.

5. ilovecolombia10 redded

Feb 6, 2005
    no que ya me estan ignorando esto petardos...

6. aragrev

aragrev New Member

Apr 23, 2004
    Southern California
    March 9th at Cal State Fullerton, California at 7:30pm Pacific Time.

7. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    si es tan temprano - en mitad de semana, significa que no hay tv?

help with tv options to see el tricolor.....

hey GUYS, I HAVE A QUESTION? como ven uds. los partidos de la seleccion?

1/ parados
    2/ tomando cerveza
    3/ con la camiseta de la sele
    4/ con la gorra/cap from the team
    5/ ala couch potato1
    6/ with friends
    7/with the significant other
    8/ by yourself (to course and jump)
    9/ other?
    10/ or all the top 5?

como lo ven, o como se preparan para ver cualquier juego de la sele.? Pues yo ya creo que soy weird en ese aspecto! :eek:

8. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    5+7

It used to be all top 6/7 plus cursing and jumping, but you see, as you get older you get more careful;)

9. aragrev

aragrev New Member

Apr 23, 2004
    Southern California
    Lets see when I go this next week it will be with my wife and 2 kids along with galaxyfan. I bought an extra ticket, so I will probably take one of my buddies(from Mexico) or one of my sons friends. I usually wear a Colombia jersey, don't drink because I am usually the one driving. Put all my favorite Spanish tunes on CD and play them before the game on the way, including some Colombian artists especially Niche and Carlos Vives. This time I might wear a Junior jersey, unless I find the new Colombian team jersey before the game. Wife will have on her Colombian jersey, I usually go to the games with her.

10. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    no man the junior jersey is being with the Sam's army!

wear yellow! make sures your kids and friends too! you can fool the mexican friend, by asking him to wear team america de coapa colors.... ejmmm

NOW: I see dapiP with 5+7=12
    player number 12! that is cool!

MY QUESTION WAS FOR TV VIEWING KIND OF FOLKS, WHO ELSE? thanks dapIP and aragrev (you are consider a COLOMBIAN NOW!) for the input.

11. aragrev

aragrev New Member

Apr 23, 2004
    Southern California
    I got that part about watching, just letting you know what I will be doing next week. I will try and find that new Colombia jersey, if not I'll go to the old standby, the 94 WC Colombia jersey with Asprilla name on back. Is Rueda going to take the same team to the US or will Puebla let some of those players go for the game since they are not doing so well now and their coach quit.

12. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    I will not be surprised if he ask for 3 from argentina....

we need to see these guys with all the rest, plus the guys from puebla (no need for el cojo)

amaranto con Ivan Ramiro seria a nice gift for you guys on the west coast!

13. lfsr1544

lfsr1544 Member

May 9, 2001
    Glen Rock, NJ
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Jpa Is Hurt And Will Not Play Tomorrow Vs. Middlesbrough - They Say He Twisted His Ankle, And Can't Even 'scan' It Until Next Week. He Is Out Of Form And Mr. Rueda Better Not Call Him For The Qualifiers. I'd Rather See:
    Tigre Castillo, E. Perea, The Forward From Junior (can't Think Of His Name), And Luis Gabriel Rey ---and Possibly Rodallega.

14. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    [​IMG]
    Martin Arzuaga

What about Chitiva and Milton?

15. Yank22

Yank22 Member

Jan 7, 2005
    NYC
    No way , we need JPA, hes our best and most experienced forward we have. The only one who i can see doing a better job is Rodallega, but he hasnt proven himself with the senior team. All those other guys are scrubs.

16. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    Arzuaga es the new shitte en colombia! necesita un GIO hdz dandole balones.... como lo hace el argentino Perez del Junior.

edixon se esta ganando la titular al lado de JPA....Ojo con USA

17. aragrev

aragrev New Member

Apr 23, 2004
    Southern California
    I love Arzuaga even though he ate a few in the last game. JPA is solid but maybe he hasn't had the support up front. He does great for his team, but when he gets called up, nothing. I say bring back Aristizabal, and give Rodallega a chance.

18. sysco76

sysco76 Member

Oct 11, 2004
    Potomac Falls
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Que les pasa? Por que hay Colombianos que insisten con JPA ese man no hace nada para la selecion, la camiseta le queda grande. El no es uno de nuestros mejores delanteros, el no desequilibra ninguna defensa, nunca se lleva un jugado siempre la toca, es lento, no tiene el suficiente dominio del balon para pasarse un jugador de Universidad aca en USA, solo juega con la espalda al arco y solo mete gol cuando se la ponen y cualquiera los hace asi y hasta el encuentra una forma de tirar se los casi todas las veses, una pregunta cuando fue el ultimo gol que metio para la selecion? Hmm.....quien sabe pero seguro que no tiene mas de 5 goles en los ultimos 2 años jugando para nuestra camiseta. Eso es pesimo para un delantero de selecion. No vieron lo que hizo Rodallega en un campeonato. Yo soy realista claro que no va ser asi siempre pero JPA ya no juega. Ya se que muchos se van a poner a llorar y hecharme la madre pero bueno es la verdad. VIVA COLOMBIA!

19. minus

minus Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2004
    Portugal
    Club:
    Junior Barranquilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    You need to be realistic also.You can't possibly expect Rodallega to step right in and keep scoring goals with the NT.Remember he won't be playing with Sub 20 players any more.I think some of you guys should might be setting yourself up for dissapointment by expecting too much from this kid so soon.

I really think Arzuega should get a chance and hopefully he will.

20. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    They're going to say that I want to have it both ways, but here we go;)

JPA is one of the best colombian forwards, but his performance with the NT leaves a lot of despair with fans. He's skilled, he runs every minute he's in there, he defends, passes back and cut, is a team player and is more skilled than Sysco gives him credit for (remember the goal against Chile in 01 WC qualyfiers, when he fought for a ball, stopped it on the side line, tricked Fuentes one way and went the other and passed the ball, that Castillo put in the net with a bycicle kick? what about the goals against Brazil or Argentina, both masterpieces?)

However, as good as I think he is, there are several things playing against him, like the mostly defensive formation that Colombia places in the field, the lack of a true partner upfront (yes, I think that he will look better if he plays along Castillo or Chitiva or Arzuaga) and he has not regained his star form because he had expent considerable time in the injured list during the last two years.

What I think Rueda should do? Star him along a speedy-skilled forward (Arzuaga or Chitiva could be), but take him out if he is not delivering by the 60' or the 70' minute.

Don't bring Aristitronco, it is a proven fact he can't score with the NT (Don't get me wrong, I think he's great, only he's jinxed when he plays for Colombia. I still remember Confederations cup, he played very well, but put like 200 balls on the posts, from the most incredible situations). Rodallega and Milton are a little bit like Angel in that they need somebody to set them up (Remember Wason?), but they could be great substitutes if needed.

21. lfsr1544

lfsr1544 Member

May 9, 2001
    Glen Rock, NJ
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

let me just mention some of these 'under 20s' strikers that surely did not dissapoint:

TEVEZ
    RONALDO (PORTUGAL VERSION)
    OWEN
    ROONEY

These 'kids' are now superstars!

22. lfsr1544

lfsr1544 Member

May 9, 2001
    Glen Rock, NJ
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I guess you guys DIDN'T read my post regarding JPA. HE"S INJURED!!! So want him or not, HE'S NOT AVAILABLE!!

23. sysco76

sysco76 Member

Oct 11, 2004
    Potomac Falls
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey Villa lover I understand he's not going to play thank God, but the point is that he should not play. Dapip is right I'm sure that our defensive formation does not help him out but lets see how we do with him out of the line up. The truth is I dont care how we get to the World Cup we just need to go. We have to much talent in our county to not be going, I'm sure that is something we can all agree upon. Well guys till next time. See ya take care & que VIVA COLOMBIA!

24. lfsr1544

lfsr1544 Member

May 9, 2001
    Glen Rock, NJ
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

Rather be a VIlla lover then a 'Blue Nose' ;)

...it's a dull point to continue to talk about someone who isn't even available for call-up. Still, I agree with your comments.

Herrera needs to be called for the March match. We have a solid defense, midfielders that are improving, but our strikers blow. Here's my formation/players versus Venezuela:

--------------------------CALERO----------------------

PEREA ---------YEPEZ--------I.CORDOBA-----------BEDOYA

-----------J.C. RAMIREZ -------------VARGAS-----------

PATINO ------------ G.HERNANDEZ ----------------PACHECO

----------------------------HERRERA O AZURIAGA