Selección de PARAGUAY, Pt. IV (R)

Discussion in 'CONMEBOL' started by Dan-ny-m398, Feb 23, 2011.

1. Latin Pride

Latin Pride Member

Aug 1, 2004
    In your house
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--

Lol lets not get ahead of ourselves now. Renzo Revoredo is on their NT.

pepinointer repped this.
  2. Latin Pride

Latin Pride Member

Aug 1, 2004
    In your house
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    And as far as players like Romero and Almiron being talented only to us I have to disagree.

Their highly rated in Argentina by Argentines and considered some of the best players in the league, in a league that produces talent like chickens produce eggs. Sanabria is also highly rated in Spain and a league with the best players in the world.

Italy is a good example to follow. They always played "our style" and still have talented players. Which is why I always said we need an Italian coach because he would know how to work with our team. Say what you want about Maldini but we nearly gave Germany a heart attack in 2002 with him and shut them down until the last minute.

pepinointer repped this.
  3. Latin Pride

Latin Pride Member

Aug 1, 2004
    In your house
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Looking at the list of candidates to replace Ramon Diaz it looks like we might be heading into another failure.

Rueda, Almeida, Fossati, Borghi.....good lord what a shit list. I would honestly take Chiqui Arce again over any of those.

4. Dan-ny-m398

Dan-ny-m398 Member

Aug 25, 2004
    Long Island NY
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    Paraguay

That's why I was hoping things will work out with Ramon, but it didn't, it is a shit list for sure, I don't like any of them, there is a lot of talk about Morinigo too he is another loser, but I'll take any of those losers over Chiqui, I can't stand him.

If I can pick anyone I'll go Simeone, Bielsa, Klinsman, Tata, Sanpaoli in that order LOL, but since there is 0 chance we can get any of them, I would look into Markarian first and what's Pintos up to? the one that coached costa rica last WC? I'll just start looking too see what those 2 are up to, they are not even in my top 10 choices but I'm just being realistic here.

5. Latin Pride

Latin Pride Member

Aug 1, 2004
    In your house
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    We can hate Chiqui Arce all we want but out of Pelusso, Genes, and Diaz. Chiqui Arce was the most successful out of all of them. They let him go why? Because we lost in La Paz? Ok...when did we not lose in La Paz? We probably wouldn't have qualified regardless but we probably would have done better then what we did then with that loser Pelusso.

Chiqui Arce atleast knows Paraguayan players. Now we're gonna bring in someone like Rueda who knows absolutely nothing about Paraguayan players....it's gonna be a complete disaster.

I'm not saying I want Chiqui Arce to come back but between Chiqui Arce and someone like Rueda or Fossati. I would take Arce in a heartbeat.

We need to offer some serious cash to someone like Sampaoli or Bielsa but we're too cheap to invest in a serious coach and we settle down for 2nd and 3rd rate coaches. We deserve to be where we're at. I don't know why we can't atleast bring Markarian back. Good coach and knows everything he needs to know about our style and players.

6. fafaco

fafaco Member+

Jun 16, 2015
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Sorry to Butt in like this.. but are you guys talking about Reinaldo Rueda? The same Rueda who coached my team, ECUADOR? Well Hoooooly $hit! Who would have thought Rueda was gonna coach Paraguay.. I wasn't really a fan of Rueda's tatics, when he used to coach my Ecuador. But Good luck to you guys, with your new coach. he is an average coach, I would say.. not to good, not to bad.

7. Dan-ny-m398

Dan-ny-m398 Member

Aug 25, 2004
    Long Island NY
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    Paraguay
    I disagree with you there, chiqui having anything to do with the NT ever again is the last thing I would like to see, saying that he was more sucesful out of the 3 of them doesn't say much, we can discuss of who was less of a loser out of the 3 of them but it's pointless.

To me chiqui is the worst of all, because he is so arrogant that he thinks he can change our football DNA by drawing a couple of plays on a chalkboard, he is the worst of all the choices to me, I'll take anyone over him, Literally anyone!!!.

We got to be realistic here a good coach is not coming, the money alone is not enough for People like Bielsa, Simeone, Sanpaoli and others in that category, 2 and 3rd rate coaches is the only thing we can get right now.

We didn't bring back Markarian because Paraguayan fans have been watching too much Spanish league and are stupid enough to think we can play like Barcelona or real Madrid, right now I'll take Markarian or Pintos over Rueda or Matias Almeida, who I honestly don't know much about.

8. Dan-ny-m398

Dan-ny-m398 Member

Aug 25, 2004
    Long Island NY
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    Paraguay
    The only thing I know about rueda is that my Ecuadorian friends were always bitching about him, I doubt he'll be named Coach of our NT, mainly because the fact we never had a Colombian coach and our new league president doesn't seem like he is going to take a chance like that, Colombians coaches always do the same thing every time a NT is looking for a coach they throw their name out there, just to create a buzz, I can't even count all the times Maturana and Bolillo Gomez were linked to our NT and it was always BS coming from their own camp.

9. Latin Pride

Latin Pride Member

Aug 1, 2004
    In your house
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
  10. Dan-ny-m398

Dan-ny-m398 Member

Aug 25, 2004
    Long Island NY
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    Paraguay

I'll say very slim, it's not just the money, He could probably take a job in Spain in small team where the only pressure is not to lose the category and make the same amount of money and he gets to live in Europe, I don't see him coming back even if he quits the Argentinian NT, I would take him back in a second no questions asked LOL.

11. dsilva625

dsilva625 New Member

Jun 9, 2012
    Boca Raton, FL
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    Paraguay
    Bielsa. Dare to dream right?

12. Latin Pride

Latin Pride Member

Aug 1, 2004
    In your house
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I have a better chance of winning the lotto.

We're even being turned down by 2nd and 3rd rate coaches lol no way a coach like Bielsa would accept the job.

13. Latin Pride

Latin Pride Member

Aug 1, 2004
    In your house
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Lol am I missing something here? How in the world do Romero and Almiron stay stuck in Argentina and Sergio Diaz gets swept up by Real Madrid? Sure he's talented but I'm surprised by the move, they must see something in him that I havent seen yet.

I do have to admit, Cerro has been doing a great job at producing talent and exporting them lately.

14. Dan-ny-m398

Dan-ny-m398 Member

Aug 25, 2004
    Long Island NY
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    Paraguay

He is going to Real Madrid castillas, the same one were Javier Acuna spent a whole bunch of years in, the chances of him getting playing time in the first team are very slim, not trying to be a hater but as soon as he starts with his crying after getting subbed, they'll send his ass back to Paraguay in no time.

15. Latin Pride

Latin Pride Member

Aug 1, 2004
    In your house
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I heard Zidane wants him to start training with the first team already. And your right if he starts whining about being subbed or sitting on the bench like he did at Cerro they'l ship him back in a heartbeat.

16. Dan-ny-m398

Dan-ny-m398 Member

Aug 25, 2004
    Long Island NY
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    Paraguay
  17. Dan-ny-m398

Dan-ny-m398 Member

Aug 25, 2004
    Long Island NY
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    Paraguay
    Martino is being link to Paraguay, he is better than all the other choices we got, I'll take him.

18. Latin Pride

Latin Pride Member

Aug 1, 2004
    In your house
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Some are saying Martino is coming back others are saying he's not.

I'm getting very tired of this soap opera. Supposedly they where waiting for Rueda, which kinda pisses me off because I really don't understand the APF's hard on for a mediocre coach like Rueda who knows nothing about our style and is doomed to fail.

I was never Martino's #1 fan but he's by far the best option we have. We are less then 2 months away from 2 crucial qualifying games and we're playing tag with name after name after name and chasing after mediocre coaches like Rueda and Bauza.

Let's just put an end to this saga and get Martino already.

19. Latin Pride

Latin Pride Member

Aug 1, 2004
    In your house
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Portugal winning the Euro with the boring style that we used to be so good at.

Can we hire their coach? lol

20. kromekote

kromekote Member+

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    America de Cali
    How are those guys mediocre? Maybe they're not the top "who's hot" pedigree that you guys have been throwing out there but you do realize that BOTH these guys are in SEMIFINAL stages of Copa Libertadores, with Rueda likely to advance with Atl Nacional to the final after the 0-2 win in Sao Paolo. How is that not a highly coveted achievement? Bauza has won the CL 2x with 2 teams that with good talent managed to beat much better talent when it counted. What these two guys do very well is get the MOST out of what very few other coaches can get from the same players.

Better yet, I'll speak to Rueda's strengths rather than his perceived weaknesses. His career blossomed by being able to yield some amazing results with our youth National team sides. So he's a very good observer and assessor of youth talent. When he was asked to coach the senior side it was done with tremendous distress after Maturana had left our side with 1 point out of 15 possible to start our WCQ campaign. He didn't hesitate. In his first experience as the top dog for the NT he turned the ship around almost immediately and took the same side to a strong finish, losing out on that final WC spot by one point. At the end of that cycle, he was let go by the FCF in a very unprofessional manner only to give the reigns to Pinto.

He then takes an underachieving Honduran side to their 1st WC in almost 30 years and repeats a visit to the WC by taking Ecuador to the WC for '14.

Take note, that Ecuadorian fans have a love-hate relationship with what Colombian coaches have done for their NT, which is put them on the WC map. Having 3 Colombian coaches in a row for a nation that has a bit of an innate rivalry with Colombia...doesn't make folks feel all that warm inside.

This rant is done purely as a 'look at all the facts' first before placing judgement on a DT who is considered amongst the best in South America and has a successful track at being avery studious and strategic coach. This is all speculation of course but I wouldn't be all surprised (especially if he ends up winning the CL) if your federation does have him on some 'short list'.

pepinointer repped this.
  21. Dan-ny-m398

Dan-ny-m398 Member

Aug 25, 2004
    Long Island NY
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    Paraguay
    As I mentioned before, I don't know much about Rueda other than what I head about him, from Ecuadorians bithcing about him, I'm hesitant about him because there is no precedent of a Colombian coaching Paraguay and being that our style is as opposite as it can possibly get, to me that's a risk that I would rather not take, Bausa is not even on the radar right now so to me it's pointless to even mention him.

If you give me a choice between Rueda and Martino I'll take Martino in a heartbeat mainly because I know what he brings to the table, but I honestly don't think he'll take the job, but after reading your post I'm a bit more optimistic about the prospect of him taking over the NT.

22. Dan-ny-m398

Dan-ny-m398 Member

Aug 25, 2004
    Long Island NY
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    Paraguay

Funny how all the Paraguay Haters from 2011 didn't have much to say about how Portugal made it to the finals, I watched ESPN in spanish after the game and they had those Barcelona-Real madrid suck ups that wished us all kinds of ill back in 2011 and they were all about winning is wining style don't matter, one of them even confused Paraguay and Portugal but somehow what they was noble unlike what we did.

23. kromekote

kromekote Member+

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    America de Cali

Martino is a great coach but no offense, I don't see him taking a NT like Paraguay in the near future. I think he took that Paraguay job as a way to build up his reputation and make a great case for one day handling the NT. It proved to be a great bet.

Since then, he's coached one of the top clubs in the world (Barcelona) and one of the top NT in the world (Argentina). Tough to top that and come back with your tail in between your legs to the same country you resigned from a couple years back and having to go thru a whole restructuring all over again. Paraguay has always had a knack for picking up great NT coaches. Not sure how you guys do it because even Ramon Diaz at some points in his career has been considered as one of the top coaches in the continent. It took Colombia countless disappointments to finally give a guy like Pekerman a try. Corruption at it's best for us.

24. Dan-ny-m398

Dan-ny-m398 Member

Aug 25, 2004
    Long Island NY
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    Paraguay

I don't see Martino coming back either, because the same reasons you mentioned, but some people in the Argentinian press have been saying that is a done deal, I don't believe it, but you never know, He has a special relationship with Cartes (paraguayan President) who helped him out tremendously to get his career of the ground and not to mention he will pay him whatever he wants.

25. kromekote

kromekote Member+

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    America de Cali

did you guys think Ramon Diaz took the easy street by resigning?
    Paraguay is still very much in the hunt in qualifiers so what the heck really happened here? Looking at your schedule your next 4 matches are BRUTAL....
    vs Chile
    away vs Uruguay
    vs Colombia
    away vs Argentina