Selección de Guatemala (CHAPINES)

Discussion in 'Guatemala' started by edcalvi, Jun 16, 2015.

1. drerodz

drerodz Member

Jan 10, 2007
    SF Bay Area
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    It's going to be tough, just like the last time around. Just HAVE to keep getting better and playing with confidence.

2. drerodz

drerodz Member

Jan 10, 2007
    SF Bay Area
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
  3. Tello

Tello BigSoccer Supporter

Dec 20, 2006
    New York
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Sup guys. Just curious.

How many players of the U-20 Wc team from a couple years back are on the senior squad now? If any...

4. Chul0

Chul0 Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    It is imperative the we get a good result on the 4th because this team has a weak mentality and el mateo la gente namas llega a reclamar y abuchear

5. Chul0

Chul0 Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Just enoc and herrarte......3 if you count moises hernandez but he was a US u20

6. dezeptus

dezeptus Member

Dec 13, 2007
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    What happened to the Betancourts?! THey were the two brothers right? Or were they Giron? I forget their last name.. also, De Aguila and Castillo?! WTF happened to them?! Y el 10.. little dude had game!

7. drerodz

drerodz Member

Jan 10, 2007
    SF Bay Area
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    Tello and Dez(hueco boracho) bring up a good point. WTF happened do that solid U20 team? I realize alot of our guys are part of the U23 team we all loved. But why not use the U20 team members who were OBVIOUSLY solid and had that "we'll take on whoever we need to" mentality?

Granted most of them are all in our Guate league and play slower. But that can be fixed and adjusted.

8. Chul0

Chul0 Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    I think you're thinking about the lima guys and they're not related....gerson is playing for cremas 2nd team, del aguila is bench for cremas main team, idk what happened to Castillo, Betancourt the defender will play for rojos this season (they should've let him play for the Uruguayan team smh), #10 norales is still bench for marquense, both the goalkeepers garcia and Padilla(starter) will play for the u23.....

9. drerodz

drerodz Member

Jan 10, 2007
    SF Bay Area
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    Rojos didn't let Betancourt stay because the team wouldn't pay more for him when they made it to the 1st Div.

10. Chul0

Chul0 Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Apparently this dude wants to play for guate.......his playing style is similar to fish's but I think he's too old.....besides I'm not sold on the whole nacionalizados thing but we're lacking forwards at the moment.......if you guys had the option which one would you choose......isaula, Israel silva or kamiani?

11. edcalvi

edcalvi Moderator
    Staff Member

Olimpia
    Guatemala
    May 1, 2005
    US
    I'll take both, we need them desperately. They're both decent.

And Isaula sucks.

12. edcalvi

edcalvi Moderator
    Staff Member

Olimpia
    Guatemala
    May 1, 2005
    US
    Yes we need del Águila back. He was from that U20 team.

@Tello

Tello repped this.
  13. Itzallboutgtown

Mar 27, 2009
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    is the castillo kid , the one that looked like memin?? he is on fc dallas sub 23 and it is on the Guatemala u23 team!

14. Chul0

Chul0 Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    I mentioned isaula because the other two for all their attributes, dominance in the air isn't one of them and lately we have become a long ball team.....I still think we should call wilber perez...the dude is somewhat tronco but still young dominant in the air and has a cannon for a left....if we are gonna punt the ball he could be a better option than nacho

15. Chul0

Chul0 Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Well del aguila is a solid option for DM but we already have aparicio which coincidentally is also keeping him on the bench at comunicaciones..he would be in the seleccion but he's not playing much these days....wee do need a replacement for marquez tho hopefully galindo comes through. ...if not I hear jonathan garcia from the u23 could be a solid option...I heard he's a DM pero con bastante salida limpia

16. Chul0

Chul0 Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    You're thinking of andy ruiz

17. dezeptus

dezeptus Member

Dec 13, 2007
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    Castillo is the "magneto" kid that @LesG9 was all in love with.. Think he went or was supposed to go play in Qatar?

edcalvi repped this.
  18. drerodz

drerodz Member

Jan 10, 2007
    SF Bay Area
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    We need goal scorers, PERIOD. Guys who are looking for any opportunity to score, not just play up front and hope for a pass at their feet.

I dont care who it is, but we can' keep asking Fish to muster up speed that he's obviously losing.

aramada repped this.
  19. Chul0

Chul0 Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Puta @LesG9 traetelo para aca....Ya es legal , you have Obama' s blessing don't worry about it ;)<3

20. Chul0

Chul0 Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
  21. drerodz

drerodz Member

Jan 10, 2007
    SF Bay Area
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    Thank you for posting that video of Kamiani. If only just to see how different that guys mentality is from most players in Guate.

The whole time you can hear that confidence in his voice. Most of our players are so quiet and "well, itd be nice if" or "i mean we're gonna try". This dude just exudes confidence without being arrogant.

22. OnTheeRize

OnTheeRize Member

Dec 12, 2007
    Bay Area
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    http://www.diez.hn/internacionales/863336-99/albert-roca-los-salvadoreños-no-son-futbolistas-de-un-gran-potencial
    Did you guys read this about El Salvador and Roca. I mention it because he says Honduras, El Salvador and Guatemala are at the same level. He also says el Salvador is not as good as say Panama because they don't have height or any tall blacks on the team. at first LOL then :|

It is BS. Argentina does not have tall players either and they are one of the greats. Messi is one of the shortest players ever.
    This is just an excuse for his bad tenure at ES and an excuse for Central American federations.

What we need is healthier players (endurance, strength, and nutrition) and players who are tactically sound.

Imagine if we had 11 Carlos Ruiz in Guate
    or El Salvador had 11 magico gonzelezs (minus the drinking)

Also Honduras has plenty of tall black players and they have not been good either. In fact short countries like Argentina, Chile, and Peru could beat probably every country in Africa right now and most if not half of Europe.
    I bet Korea and Japan would whoop on Pananma and the Caribean too.

This argument in played out. Soccer is not basketball. What players need is a high soccer IQ and fitness. central America has a high soccer IQ but our fitness sucks. I don't think anyone on the guate team could bench press or run even half of what Messi, Alexis Sanchez and Mascherano can lol.

BTW Mascherano is truly a BOSS. I wish we had a player like that in Guate :(

23. Chul0

Chul0 Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    And yet people don't like when I say this is the thing that irritates me the most about sopegno, he's lack of confidence with he's "a guatemala le Cuesta ganar, no es cierto?".... I mean we know already but your job is hacer que al equipo de enfrente tambien le cueste....we'll smh

24. Chul0

Chul0 Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    First of all I gotta say how unprofessional roca was for leaving at the worst moment, a month before a qualifying round..if he didn't want to continue he should've left before the gold cup so the new coach at least had some time to work but I have witnessed from far away maybe if there's any salvie lurking he can express how they feel......having said that I believe there's some truth in what he's saying........international soccer is usually less cohesive than club soccer since there's less time to work, so height can be a benefit in set pieces and so forth....also when there's lack of talent teams can compensate with speed, strength etc.....but like you pointed out there are ways to play them if you don't have these attributes (ex argentina)...ironically roca found the formula at least the game they against jamaica they completely dominated by keeping the ball on the ground, staying compact and playing one twos at great speed only lacking the killer instinct...ultimately where I agree with him the most is how the war affected them structurally...it is not a coincidence that two countries with the least growth in soccer in concacaf is guatemala and el salvador......even Kenton said it in an interview once though unlike roca and sopegno he had a more positive outlook and stern faith that we had talent even more than costa rica