Selección de Guatemala (CHAPINES)

Discussion in 'Guatemala' started by edcalvi, Jun 16, 2015.

1. Chul0

Chul0 Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Agree. Too bad i was too young then :(
    We need another Grill Prieto to form our young players :(

2. edcalvi

edcalvi Moderator
    Staff Member

Olimpia
    Guatemala
    May 1, 2005
    US
    Unfortunately I remember Germany 2006 WCQ all too well. It was very painful.

Our first game versus Suriname in 2004 to the last versus Costa Rica in Oct 2005.

We managed to beat Costa Rica twice during that campaign, but giving up goals in the last minute in Port of Spain cost us dearly.

Chul0 repped this.
  3. drerodz

drerodz Member

Jan 10, 2007
    SF Bay Area
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    You guys are bringing up some bad memories. ESPECIALLY the one of that c**ksucker LaVolpe ADMITTING to throwing the game against T&T giving them the spot in WC.

Chul0 and edcalvi repped this.
  4. drerodz

drerodz Member

Jan 10, 2007
    SF Bay Area
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    @Chul0 is right though, Gallardo getting the callup makes no sense, he's old, been pretty mediocre of a player on the NT and there are better younger players out there.

5. edcalvi

edcalvi Moderator
    Staff Member

Olimpia
    Guatemala
    May 1, 2005
    US
    I know, what a piece of shit.

6. Chul0

Chul0 Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Puta, cuanta mala suerte tuvimos esa eliminatoria. The 3-2 in Costa Rica in the last minute, the T&T meltdown with Cabrera on the sidelines, el 0-0 en el Mateo against the US. I still remember the one from el venado al poste . Cuando empezamos ganando a Mex con gol del fish, etc

Fack, con otro pizado mas vivo tacticamente que Maradiaga de seguro ibamos :(

7. Chul0

Chul0 Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    I wouln't call him "mediocre" tbh. He was decent in the 2010 qualifiers. He was also decent as the left stopper in sopegnos back 3. I think he was severely misused until he play for Amirini in Guastatoya. He's good in the air, knows how to play from the back and is a natural leader. You only need to out him next to a fast CB.

Still, he shouldn't be called. Dude's 35 already so he's not an option for Qatar. Not only that, but Claveri sees him as a left back. And we saw how terrible that turned out against Ecuador.

Yo la verdad, ya le perdi la fe a Claveri hace rato.

8. Chul0

Chul0 Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    dezeptus repped this.
  9. drerodz

drerodz Member

Jan 10, 2007
    SF Bay Area
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    dezeptus repped this.
  10. Chul0

Chul0 Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Since nobody posted it,
    Next month jugamos contra Israel. When was the last time we played a "European team"?

Theyre doing well in the UEFA nations league. Pero con las convocatorias de el Clavo cada vez me dan menos ganas de verlos. At least Saravia wont be playing, so thats one less goal against us. Also, si no llama a Aparicio (when hes calling Samayoa who is not playing and Chang who aint good enough, me va dar algo:mad:)

11. edcalvi

edcalvi Moderator
    Staff Member

Olimpia
    Guatemala
    May 1, 2005
    US
    We last played Armenia in 2016.

Isreal is way better though.

Chul0 repped this.
  12. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was looking at career World Cup Qualifying statistics on Wikipedia, and Carlos Ruiz is the career leader in goals with 39. Of the 33 players with at least 17 goals, the only player with a good chance at passing him is Cristiano Ronaldo, who has 30 at age 33. With 21 at age 31, Lionel Messi is unlikely to pass Ruiz. Ronaldo is third in career goals behind Ruiz and Iran's Ali Daei, who is second with 35. Of those 33 players, Ruiz is the only one to score in qualifying for five World Cups. The second most by a Concacaf player is 25 by Honduras's Carlos Pavon. The other Concacaf players among the top 33 are Mexico's Jared Borgetti with 23, Costa Rica's Paulo Wanchope with 21, Trinidad and Tobago's Stern John with 20, Haiti's Emmanuel Sanon with 19, El Salvador's Raul Diaz Arce with 18, USA's Clint Dempsey with 18, Belize's Deon McCaulay with 17, and Costa Rica's Alvaro Saborio with 17. Sanon is the only player of the 33 to score all his goals in qualifying for World Cup 1986 or earlier. 20 of the 33 players scored their first goal in qualifying for World Cup 2002 or later. Argentina, Australia, Costa Rica, Iran, and Portugal are the countries with 2 of the 33 players.

Chul0 repped this.
  13. Chul0

Chul0 Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    This shows his longevity with the NT and our complete dependance on him to have the slightest chance of competing. Still miss him :'(

14. Ben Fossen

Ben Fossen Member

Jun 16, 2015
    St Louis, MO
    Club:
    Minnesota United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    Chul0 and edcalvi repped this.
  15. edcalvi

edcalvi Moderator
    Staff Member

Olimpia
    Guatemala
    May 1, 2005
    US
    Good times.

Chul0 repped this.
  16. Chul0

Chul0 Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Me too, although I'm conflicted with Samayoa. On the first hand, we're lacking defenders, on the other, no podes llamar a un cerote que lleva 6 meses sin jugar. Ese privilegio nada mas se lo daria al Pescado.

I am happy about Galindo & Aguilar though. Especially the former. In my ideal lineup, he's a starter.

Here's the starting lineup against Israel:
    Motta; Cabrera, Samayoa, Moreira, Gallardo; Brandon, Aguilar, Frank; Robin Martinez/Bebote, Ceballos.

Claveri no aprende. De que sirve jugar con Motta ? He's already declining and wont make the next cycle. Gallardo otro. And he's playing him out of position too. Dudr hasnt been a left back since 5 years ago.
    And only Brandon shielding the defense? Nos vamos a comer otra goleada :(
    Still havent forgiven Jerez. El cerote nos costo la copa :mad:

edcalvi repped this.
  17. edcalvi

edcalvi Moderator
    Staff Member

Olimpia
    Guatemala
    May 1, 2005
    US
    Game starts at 13:15 Eastern/10:15 Pacific

FB_IMG_1542146443071.jpg

18. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The betting odds for Guatemala and USA are the same (USA is at England). Here are the probabilities:

Israel win: 67.1%
    Draw: 20.7%
    Guatemala win: 12.2%

Chul0 repped this.
  19. Chul0

Chul0 Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    ya cayo el primero lmao. So far Cabrera has been the worst. A ver si Claveri throws him under the bus like he did with Yanes. Also Samayoa no marca a nadie en el gol. Eso pasa cuando se llama a alguien que no juega smh

20. dezeptus

dezeptus Member

Dec 13, 2007
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    A la mierda con Claveri ya.. prefiero el de Guastatoya

Chul0 repped this.
  21. Chul0

Chul0 Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    y si, y cayo el segundo. Otra vez Cabrera y Samayoa the weak links (among the other weak links)

22. Chul0

Chul0 Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    dan lena esos judios, we shoul've brought the big guns, el abuelo y Hamilton haha

dezeptus repped this.
  23. dezeptus

dezeptus Member

Dec 13, 2007
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    Music to my ears! Si nos van a talegear por lo menos se van a ir pencaciados!

Chul0 repped this.
  24. dezeptus

dezeptus Member

Dec 13, 2007
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    Que pijaziada! Que raro que entrenar una sola ves antes del partido no esté dando resultado?!

Chul0 repped this.
  25. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Israel won 7-0. Guatemala allowed 7 goals in a 7-1 loss to Armenia in 2016, but hadn't lost by at least 7 goals since an 8-1 loss to France on May 21, 1986. It was Israel's most goals since they won 7-0 hosting Luxembourg 68 games and over 9 years ago. How many of these players do you expect to play in World Cup Qualifiers?

edcalvi repped this.