Selección de Guatemala (CHAPINES)

Discussion in 'Guatemala' started by edcalvi, Jun 16, 2015.

1. Ben Fossen

Ben Fossen Member

Jun 16, 2015
    St Louis, MO
    Club:
    Minnesota United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    The Gold Cup is a Fifa date. It is listed here on their website. I hope this clears up any confusion. I noticed a few comments saying it wasnt a Fifa date.
    http://www.fifa.com/aboutfifa/calendar/events.html

edcalvi repped this.
  2. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    It doesn't need a FIFA date, the tournament much like Copa America or World Cup is a sanctioned tournament.

Ben Fossen repped this.
  3. drerodz

drerodz Member

Jan 10, 2007
    SF Bay Area
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    What's the word on this defender Pinto from Muni getting called up? Any good? Better than Dennis Lopez?

4. drerodz

drerodz Member

Jan 10, 2007
    SF Bay Area
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
  5. LesG9

LesG9 Member

Mar 25, 2015
    Fairfax, VA
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Thanks Ben for clearing that up, confusing because that's what they said on the Guatemalan media. Dre I think Galindo getting punished for not accepting the call up, so they just letting him finish his honeymoon

6. edcalvi

edcalvi Moderator
    Staff Member

Olimpia
    Guatemala
    May 1, 2005
    US
    No Motta and Avila? :)

dezeptus repped this.
  7. LesG9

LesG9 Member

Mar 25, 2015
    Fairfax, VA
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    You know I've been reading a lot of fans in Guatemala crying about why all these Cremas and Rojos being called and that Sopegno should go. I mean correct me if I'm wrong but isn't this the same team that was in 2nd place in the UNCAF tournament and the only difference is that we didn't have Moises and Cincotta and Campollo. I mean I believe that players will play better than vs Bermuda and for the WCQ I do believe that Sopegno will call the best.

8. drerodz

drerodz Member

Jan 10, 2007
    SF Bay Area
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    It's just a bunch of Rojo and Crema fans who don't see the big picture. It's the same delusional fans who think our national league is on par with England or Spain's league.

The truth is most fans in Guate are fickle and dont realize there needs to be a process.

edcalvi repped this.
  9. LesG9

LesG9 Member

Mar 25, 2015
    Fairfax, VA
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Totally agree Dre, and I bet you when they see Guatemala winning they gonna be like, el mejor tecnico this and that. Bunch of cry babies.

10. OnTheeRize

OnTheeRize Member

Dec 12, 2007
    Bay Area
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    Whats up with Ceballos?
    If he is good enough for the NE Revolution why isn't he on the Gold Cup roster?

11. LesG9

LesG9 Member

Mar 25, 2015
    Fairfax, VA
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Well on the rise, because he didn't have enough time to play for Cremas, he was mostly in the bench, go figure so that's why he wasn't called to the Sele, but now that he plays abroad and hope that he gets better he'll definitely be called.

12. Itzallboutgtown

Mar 27, 2009
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    I think ceballos has to take Contreras spot.. he getting a bit slow!! but ceballos will be his replacement

13. dezeptus

dezeptus Member

Dec 13, 2007
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    They play different roles but I agree on Contreras. He always had it in his head that he is better than he actually is. Always rubbed me the wrong way.. and thats with me being a Cremas fan!

14. LesG9

LesG9 Member

Mar 25, 2015
    Fairfax, VA
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Regarding Ceballos, still is not in the clear with NE Revolution, from a close source.

15. drerodz

drerodz Member

Jan 10, 2007
    SF Bay Area
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    Our U23 plays against ES today. Any tume/news/links to it?

Chul0 repped this.
  16. Chul0

Chul0 Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    I Don't Have A Link But Apparently estamos Dando leña. ...cuz we already have two yellow cards under 5 minutes....

17. drerodz

drerodz Member

Jan 10, 2007
    SF Bay Area
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    Game ended 0-0

18. Chul0

Chul0 Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Apparently this u 23 team will be just like the u20 who almost qualified back in january......solid at the back and try to take the few chances we get....we'll be hard to beat but not pleasing to the eye.....I think we're turning into uruguay but without the winnings/success :-(

19. LesG9

LesG9 Member

Mar 25, 2015
    Fairfax, VA
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    I think differently Chulo, by the way welcome to our Guate thread. I think this U23 is the most talented team since the one that qualified for the first WC . We must remember that some of these players that play abroad must get used to the ones in Guatemala. But I'm sure as they play more as a team, they'll be a good team.

20. Chul0

Chul0 Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    maybe I didn't express myself correctly but what I was referring to is the style of play being implemented by carlos ruiz not questioning the talent of the players.....it is basically what we saw in the premundial. ..and yes you're right this seleccion has some very interesting prospects...out all of them I feel like hagen, carlos estrada, jose pinto , cristian jimenez and steven Robles will be part of the senior national team in the near future maybe you can include long and andrade also ....I would include Padilla since he has great reflexes, good with his feet , and great mentality but unfortunately he's too short for international soccer. ..I think what this generation is missing though is players that can great something out of nothing like ordonez, pappa, samayoa and Abel lemus hopefully kevin Merida can be the one......oh and thank you for welcoming me to the thread btw hopefully I'll be able to contribute to the forum since I feel this the only place where guatemalan soccer can be discussed objectively since everywhere else I go is just people berating our players calling them "borrachos and inutiles"

21. dezeptus

dezeptus Member

Dec 13, 2007
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    Hahaha.. we do that hear also, but of each other. Especial of Popol Vu who is a COMPLETE borracho y inutil!

22. Chul0

Chul0 Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Hahahaha since we're outing each other out then I must confess that even though I don't consider myself an inutil I'm definitely a borracho. ..but it's ok as a guatemalan being a borracho is just part of my culture and rich heritage...

dezeptus repped this.
  23. dezeptus

dezeptus Member

Dec 13, 2007
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    Yeah, we all knew you were a borracho when you said you were Guatemalan. Oh how I wish there was a World Cup of drinking.. we def would be top 3!!!

24. edcalvi

edcalvi Moderator
    Staff Member

Olimpia
    Guatemala
    May 1, 2005
    US
    Borracho e inútil thats describes you @dezeptus when you passed out drinking last time at the stubhub center.

drerodz repped this.
  25. LesG9

LesG9 Member

Mar 25, 2015
    Fairfax, VA
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Damnzz Popol, coming back lol