Seleção General Discussion, 2022 [R]

Discussion in 'Brazil' started by Ombak, Jan 9, 2022.

1. Ombak

Ombak Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Apr 19, 1999
    Irvine, CA
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Radar da seleção quickies:

La Liga and Serie A (Italy) are back.

Vini Jr. was good today. Other Brazilians didn't start for Madrid though. Rodrygo rested due to injury. Casemiro came in as a late sub and Militão did not play.

Raphinha started decently but was switched to the left side where he was less effective in Barça's draw.

Atlético play tomorrow. Matheus Cunha, Lodi and possibly Felipe are all likely to start on the bench.

Juventus also play tomorrow. Danilo, Alex Sandro and Bremer could all start.

Dodô got some playing time for Fiorentina, but Arthur Cabral did not come off the bench. Ibanez had a good game for Roma.

In the other leagues, Antony had a strong game. Emerson started for Tottenham and had an ok game defensively. Richarlison came on and was useful. Gerson had an average game in a draw for Marseille.

Liverpool plays tomorrow as well. I imagine Firmino will start on the bench, Fabinho and Alisson will probably start.

Oh, and in Brazil, Pedro came on with less than 10 minutes for Flamengo and scored the last goal in a 5x0 rout between reserve teams, as they gear up for the bigger game this Wednesday.

IVO ! and manimal repped this.
  2. IVO !

IVO ! Member

Feb 25, 2009
    RIO AND CHICAGO
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I agree that Neymar currently does have the advantage.
    And check this out.
    Bad blood there.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/ChSMSs9ALg-/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

3. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Being a French team (on paper at least), with a French player who they just fought tooth and nail to re-sign handing him the reigns to the team, right before a WC where France has a chance at the title in the country that owns the club, and the past history Neymar has had with the club, my guess is that they will side with Mbappe. Or at least, they will let Mbappe off the hook with very soft slap on the hand.

I don't follow French media ... I wonder how they are treating this episode.

Cosmin10 repped this.
  4. IVO !

IVO ! Member

Feb 25, 2009
    RIO AND CHICAGO
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    You bring up Excellent points, and you may be right, but if PSG does side with Mbappe, that will really be a terrible example to everybody including our youth. In Brasil, he would certainly be punished no matter who it was.

5. Ombak

Ombak Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Apr 19, 1999
    Irvine, CA
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Diego Carlos is going to be out for a long time:

Obviously he was very much on the outside looking in at this stage of Brazil's cycle, might have made the preliminary list (55 players means we'll probably see 10 central defenders on the list). But now the worry is that he won't even be the same player when he comes back.

6. Ombak

Ombak Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Apr 19, 1999
    Irvine, CA
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
  7. manimal

manimal Member

Dec 23, 2018
    Cosmin10 repped this.
  8. IVO !

IVO ! Member

Feb 25, 2009
    RIO AND CHICAGO
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    TITE diz que há espaço para Pedro na seleção.
    And with FIFA allowing 3 additional players, possibilities increase.
    So we shall see. Pedro certainly is in top form.

manimal repped this.
  9. Ombak

Ombak Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Apr 19, 1999
    Irvine, CA
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
  10. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    This soap opera should never have happened, but alas, it has at last come to an end.

The World Cup is quickly approaching. The team can now focus unconditionally on preparing for the final friendly matches and the final roster.

Ombak repped this.
  11. brasileiragem

brasileiragem Member

Real Madrid
    Brazil
    May 21, 2018
    Sorry folks but I think the press is giving too much importance to this Pedro story… He’s someone who will most likely not be called by Tite and even if a miracle happens and he goes to Qatar, he will likely have a minimal impact to our overrall world cup performance.

What about the latest news on Casemiro, perhaps our most important player, actually considering an offer from Man Utd less than 100 days from the wc? I’m so disappointed with this, because Casemiro is one of my favourite players ever. He should reject it and only consider a move after this season.

Ombak and Estuardo A. Lopez repped this.
  12. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I don't understand the Casemiro deal. I can't see him wanting to leave this year. Specially to ManU.

13. Ombak

Ombak Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Apr 19, 1999
    Irvine, CA
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Rumors are flying about the Casemiro offer. Supposedly they would double his salary.

I have to imagine that he would take the offer seriously just because that's the type of person he is. He'd listen to what they're promising on the field and let's be honest, he is a piece that could fix one of their biggest problems and change things overnight. But he'd be naive to believe anything Man Utd promise besides the money.

I could see him going for the challenge if they had CL football (which they did a year ago despite the mess the club was) and if they sat down to go over the project with him earlier and brought in the right pieces.

But with 2 weeks left in the transfer window this year? He'd be crazy to go.

brasileiragem and Century's Best repped this.
  14. Estuardo A. Lopez

Jul 9, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    I don't think Casemiro will leave RM, it seems a bit too rushed.
    But... Danilo (Palmeiras). I heard some rumors a few months back that MU was interested

brasileiragem and Ombak repped this.
  15. Ombak

Ombak Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Apr 19, 1999
    Irvine, CA
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I like Pedro but overall agree with your opinion that it seems unlikely he will have a big impact.

However, I think the reason people are expecting a Pedro call up is the way the staff talks about him. For example, in the recent Resenha ESPN interview, Tite was asked about Edenílson and gave the typical response that he's on the radar. He will do this for most players. But for Pedro he specifically talks about how he offers something the team doesn't have.

Also, some of the pundits have had interview time with Tite and some had a session with the coaching staff in December if I'm not mistaken, at CBF. These are the people consistently reminding viewers that Tite likes Pedro.

Not a guarantee, he could come to the conclusion that he shouldn't even try him even if everything above is true, but it is more than just being on the radar.
    About Danilo, Palmeiras made it clear they will not sell him mid-season. I expect him to go in January to England probably. Arsenal need more midfielders and they missed out on Bruno Guimarães because they weren't aggressive in January so I don't think they'll let it happen again.

If Palmeiras wins the league or Libertadores, or both, he'll be one of the bigger transfers of the January window.

brasileiragem repped this.
  16. IVO !

IVO ! Member

Feb 25, 2009
    RIO AND CHICAGO
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
  17. manimal

manimal Member

Dec 23, 2018
    What's about yuri alberto..... Scored a hattrick today. If he continues to be consistent I see him over pedro..... He's a quite similar type.... Strong... good in the air... And he's a lot faster than pedro. I mean I like pedro a lot. But I also like yuri

Also what are the chances for Andre (fluminense). Tite said good things about him after the game. I think he and danilo would be worth it for possible WC call up

18. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Tite was in the Flu game. Cesar Sampaio was at the Fla game.

Estuardo A. Lopez repped this.
  19. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Casemiro knows his days at Madrid are counted with the new signings. So I can see he taking a final paycheck somewhere else.

20. Ombak

Ombak Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Apr 19, 1999
    Irvine, CA
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    For the World Cup? Zero chance for André (and Yuri Alberto for that matter), close to zero for Danilo.

If Tite was asked about André, it's no surprise he said positive things. He's generous (though sometimes generic) with praise and diplomatic about how he answers questions.

Recently someone asked him directly about Edenílson and he said he has a chance/is being observed. That day all of reddit and twitter were up in arms about the possibility Edenílson would make the World Cup squad. He won't. Not unless half a dozen midfielders are unavailable.

Speaking of midfielders, Casemiro to Man Utd looks like it's in progress and depends on whether the club can convince him and they come to an agreement on terms. Seems like he wants the challenge and the payday.

In the abstract, that's fine, but they don't just have to bring in more players around him, they have to fix their structure. He could be the player to help them out, but it just seems like a terrible risk.

21. manimal

manimal Member

Dec 23, 2018

Yeah for the WC 22..... I would rather see danilo/andré there than Fred.... Why is that? I mean young proved and hungry blood couldn't hurt.

22. Ombak

Ombak Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Apr 19, 1999
    Irvine, CA
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I would much rather see Fred.

I know that shitting on Fred is a popular pass time for fans, but he is a starter for Tite for good reason. And the back up option is really solid too and could even start some WC matches (Bruno Guimarães).

Players are given homework by Tite for every call-up and his team plays a high-tempo, very coordinated pressing system. Any new call-up would have to assimilate a lot of new ideas and Brazil doesn't have a universal development program that makes it easy to plug any young player into the system.

I could see a new player coming in if we had a position of need (right-back for example) if they played the same system for their club, making it easy to slot in. Midfield is not an area that desperately needs someone new.

manimal and brasileiragem repped this.
  23. manimal

manimal Member

Dec 23, 2018

In regards to the development system... Iam glad it's what it is.... And not a pressed format like Spain had around 2008 - 2012 (Barca - - - > Spain NT tiki taka) .... Cause as soon as things got figured out by opposition.... You have to scramble more than just NT football. So it's easier for players to learn different and more freely new Playstyles.

Aso for RB... I hope he gives Vanderson (Monaco) a shout.... He's very good since last season and started well this season. Or Dodo.

For future I could see vinicius tobias a factor if he develops well

But for me as a German it's difficult to track all brazilian talents..... Because all I can do is Google and translate some brazil pages. Iam good aware of potential wonderkids

24. Ombak

Ombak Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Apr 19, 1999
    Irvine, CA
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    There are advantages to it though, one of those being the ability to plug new young players in more quickly and not starting from scratch every time.

Even without it Brazilian players will generally have some commonalities.

There will usually be good ball playing defenders. There will usually be DMs who are good at protecting them. There will usually be fullbacks that cover the whole sideline.

But we need to continue to integrate the youth team to senior team pipeline and provide a better base for new coaches.
    Vanderson was specifically mentioned last year as being observed. Considering Monaco sometimes played him further forward, it makes sense.

I don't have any evidence for this, but I do have a feeling we'll see another RB in September. Émerson is likeliest, but who knows. The fact that Dani Alves is in Mexico AND the coaching staff are there observing him this weekend suggest to me they are not 100% sure of him right now. Maybe that's just wishful thinking.
    This forum is slow nowadays, but it's good to have participants from all over. Maybe come WC time some of the veteran lurkers will pop up more.

manimal repped this.
  25. manimal

manimal Member

Dec 23, 2018

I appreciate your answers. Thanks for that. Let's see what Tite has in the pipeline for us. I hope that Brazil will lift the Trophy for the 6th time this winter. Would be a dream. I just hope that france will suffer at this WC. I can't stand Mbappe and their french arrogance particularly. WC 98 and 2006 made me so sad.... Especially 98. Around that time I was in 4th grade in school ( iam 35 btw). So it was the first WC I actively watched. And brazil were always my favorites since iam a Kid. Despite being German.... I couldn't stand the Germans and German football ( for me their football is unattractive and compared to Brazilians non technical / skillful).

Let's hope the closer the WC gets.... The more active users will get here und bring up some hype :D.