Seleção General Discussion, 2018 and beyond

Discussion in 'Brazil' started by Century's Best, Jul 17, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. joudre

joudre Member

Jan 3, 2016
    Rodrygo is not ready yet to play for Brazil and I don’t know I might be wrong

2. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    SA WCQ is now only available in PPV in the US. Just stupid.

3. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    That is ridiculous....

4. Holiday_Jenkins

Barcelona
    United States
    Jun 10, 2020
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is the South American WCQ on PPV all rounds or just the first two rounds? I've seen articles alluding to both but not clearly stating either or.

5. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    Tite capped the following roster for the WCQ matches vs. Venezuela and at Uruguay next month:

Goleiros: Alisson (Liverpool), Ederson (Manchester City) e Weverton (Palmeiras);

Laterais: Danilo (Juventus), Gabriel Menino (Palmeiras), Alex Telles (Manchester United) e Renan Lodi (Atlético de Madrid);

Zagueiros: Éder Militão (Real Madrid), Marquinhos (PSG), Rodrigo Caio (Flamengo) e Thiago Silva (Chelsea);

Meio-campistas: Casemiro (Real Madrid), Douglas Luiz (Aston Villa), Arthur (Juventus), Everton Ribeiro (Flamengo), Fabinho (Liverpool) e Philippe Coutinho (Barcelona);

Atacantes: Everton Cebolinha (Benfica), Roberto Firmino (Liverpool), Gabriel Jesus (Manchester City), Neymar (PSG), Richarlison (Everton) e Vinícius Junior (Real Madrid).

6. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    CBF is using a new emblem. Don't like the looks of it. Terrible job. Looks uneven with the asymmetry in colors on the lines.

7. IVO !

IVO ! Member

Feb 25, 2009
    RIO AND CHICAGO
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    PEDRO e de Seleção.
    Tá esperando o que TITE ?

8. Toguchi

Toguchi Member

Atlético Mineiro
    Brazil
    Dec 1, 2019
    Belo Horizonte
    Pedro and Thiago Galhardo really deserve to be called up for the Brazilian team. They are playing very well. Yesterday's match between Inter vs Flamengo is proof of that.

IVO ! repped this.
  9. IVO !

IVO ! Member

Feb 25, 2009
    RIO AND CHICAGO
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    DAMN RIGHT.
    Pedro reminds me of Marco Van Basten, and makes the game beautiful.

manu chao and Toguchi repped this.
  10. Tropeiro

Tropeiro Member+

Jun 1, 2018
    Tbm gostaria de ver o Pedro na seleção BR, chega de falsos nove que erram gols fáceis.

Pedro oferece mais naturalidade e eficiência para anotar gols, mais diversidade (gols de cabeça) e presença na área, coisa que o Brasil não tem como Jesus e Firmino, além da boa técnica típica do jogador brasileiro também. E vai estar em ótima idade para o mundial de 2022 (25 anos).

Eu acho que o BR nunca vai ser campeão mundial com Jesus e Firmino como 9s.

Eu tentaria encaixar o Matheus Cunha e o Pedro quanto antes na seleção.

11. Tropeiro

Tropeiro Member+

Jun 1, 2018
    #836 Tropeiro, Oct 27, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2020
    Meu time hoje pensando na Copa de 2022.

[​IMG]

Richarlison, Pedro = Bons finalizadores.
    Neymar, Douglas Costa = Dribladores e criadores de jogadas. Sim continuaria insistindo no Douglas Costa pq não vejo nada melhor do que ele pode oferecer por ali.
    Bruno Guimarães = Méio área-a-área, distribuidor ofensivo.
    Marquinhos = Meio de campo defensivo.

Defesa nova.

Mas isso não vai rolar, Tite vai continuar apostando pelos Firmino, Jesus, Casemiro, Coutinho, Thiago Silva. Que não são para nada ruins, mas o Brasil precisa de novidades imo.

Idade média do plantel titular = ~ 26.6 anos, 27 com o goleiro.

12. Toguchi

Toguchi Member

Atlético Mineiro
    Brazil
    Dec 1, 2019
    Belo Horizonte
    Cabe o Arana nessa lateral esquerda também, hein? haha
    Sem clubismo. Pelo momento dele, acho que seria uma grande oportunidade.

Tropeiro repped this.
  13. Tropeiro

Tropeiro Member+

Jun 1, 2018
    Pode ser. Não são da mesma posição, mas até o Lucas Paquetá (sem fazer nada de relevante) entra na seleção brasileira. A verdade é que o Tite caga para os jogadores que jogam no Brasil e que não são da panela dele.

Vinicius Jr, Paquetá etc... jogadores que não tem e talvez nunca terão nível para jogar pelo Brasil.

PD: Uma seleção bem montada de jogadores que só jogam no Brasil ainda seria bastante competitiva.

14. IVO !

IVO ! Member

Feb 25, 2009
    RIO AND CHICAGO
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Coutinho cortado e TITE convoca Paqueta para as eliminatórias.
    Pedro e Bruno Enrique na lista de suplementos.
    GOOD MOVE ALL THE WAY AROUND.
    MENGAO !!!!

15. afar

afar Member+

Apr 26, 2007
    Not sure where to put this, but seemed appropriate at this time —

Century's Best and celito repped this.
  16. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil

M
    aradona was very fond of Brazilians despite the rivalry . Careca became good friends with him in Napoli and up to recently still talked to him and his family . Only had good things to talk about Maradona . When Bebeto scored that famous volley in CA 89 vs Argentina , Maradona told him after the game that was one the most beautiful goals he had ever seen . He also loved Rivellino growing up because of his style and he was also a leftie . So seem to be very gracious and complimentary to great players no matter if they were rivals or not

benni..., Century's Best and afar repped this.
  17. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    One of the biggest ironies in the Brazil-Argentina rivalry is that Maradona - whom so many Argentine fans used to claim their team is superior to Brazil's - did not hate Brazilians. On the other hand, several Brazilian greats have stated that in person, Diego was friendly, warm, and always smiled. He was close to Careca, he celebrated Carnaval in Brazil, and he respected Brazilian soccer.

One memory I have is of the 2009 match in Rosario for WCQ. Before the initial kick-off, Kaká went up to Diego. They were both smiling, and they embraced each other warmly. This is something that many fans do not realize: the players themselves, who live out the rivalry in the flesh in a way that fans can never do, did not hate each other. Sure, some players may not like each other at all (Romário-Simeone, Edmundo-Zandoná). But Diego Maradona, whom Argentines venerate, was well-liked by one of the better talents Brazil produced in recent time. Romário, Ronaldo, Ronaldinho, Rivaldo, and others have all expressed their condolences over Diego’s passing.

Not to make this too long, but as a Brazilian, I understand (to an extent) why Argentines are so devastated over Diego’s death. It’s not just that he was a great player who led his country to World Cup glory; he did so during a historical time and context when life was tough for many of his compatriots. Hyperinflation in the mid-1980s, the lingering trauma and pain over the 1982 war with Great Britain. By leading his team to the title in 1986, Maradona made his people feel like conquerors over forces they could not otherwise even dream of defeating: the “imperialists” (the British, even though, of course, English soccer players had nothing to do with the 1982 war) and the stigma of their country being a Third World nation struggling with IMF debt and social problems. Maradona symbolized a triumph that placed Argentina at the summit, not only of soccer.

Maradona's death therefore brings trauma to a memory that people have; a time when they experienced profound and surreal joy and celebration, and those emotions happened because of him. His departure is the elimination of what brought those happy moments. I respectfully offer that a future Argentine World Cup title victory, however significant, may not match the joy that was experienced in 1986 due to all the particular circumstances of that time.

From this angle, Brazilians can completely relate. The 1994 World Cup title came after a 24-year-old drought, and Brazil too had struggled mightily in the 1980s and into the 1990s, economically and otherwise. Brazilians knew that theirs was a country with problems. Therefore, the World Cup title in 1994 was more than a return of the glory days of Pelé’s generation; it was Brazil on top of the world ahead and above everybody. It was the one thing in which Brazilians could say that they were better at than everybody else in the world.

I was taken aback that Diego’s health had fallen this much. I still had memories of him from 2009-2010, as Argentina’s manager; he was older and heavier but he still had that fighting spirit, and he most definitely wanted his team to win no less than any other fan. It’s tragic that he’s gone at an age that is still young.

É uma pena.

afar repped this.
  18. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    True. The narrative and context of Argentina beating England in 86 will never be replicated. You couldn't have written a better script. You had a diminutive Argentinean pulling a fast one on the powerful English. And then brilliantly gliding past them and scoring a goal they could only dream of.

I would only say that in 94, while we as a country still relied heavily on football for global sport success, we also did have over a decade of immense success in F1 and F-Indy and had had won the gold in volleyball in 92 Olympics (which started a very successful era in volleyball).

afar repped this.
  19. afar

afar Member+

Apr 26, 2007
    I think Maradona not only “didn’t hate the Brazilians” - he actually loved the likes of Dinho, R9.

Kind of like Messi loves Dinho, Dani Alves, and Neymar, and vice versa.

I lived in the Miami area for 3 years, and interacted heavily with both Brazilians and Argentines. Yeah, the rivalry was there - but man, they were extremely close and friends to each other too. I really expected more of a conflict - what I found was a very strange closeness.

Maybe things are different on the SA continent - but at least in the U.S. that’s what I found, in the immigrant circle.

celito repped this.
  20. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    Well, 2020 comes to a close, and no one here could have imagined on January 1 of this year that the 2020 Olympics (with the chance for us to go for a second gold), as well as the Copa América to be held jointly by two of our neighbors on the exact same dates as Euro 2020 (I was looking forward to a feast of live soccer matches during the summer) would be all postponed, not to mention the turmoil and upheaval that all of us, whatever the countries we're living in, would face.

In 2021, hopefully this lockdown stuff will ease enough for fans to return to stadiums.

We'll have the 2020 Libertadores final on January 30, to be followed by the start of the 2020 Club World Cup 3 days later and the start of the 2021 Copa Libertadores on February 15. The joint Copa América and the 2021 Euro will start together on June 11 and the Olympics will be held in July... and then, the 2021 Libertadores winner will be decided in November and the 2021 Club World Cup will happen in December.

I have had enough of all that has happened this year. I wish you all a prosperous, healthy, safe, and most of all, FREE 2021. E claro, pra frente Brasil.

IVO ! repped this.
  21. IVO !

IVO ! Member

Feb 25, 2009
    RIO AND CHICAGO
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    It's been a miserably horrible shit year. Waking up every morning and the first thing you hear are how many new cases, how many deaths; can't go anywhere, can't do anything. My first winter in Chicago in over 30 years and not looking forward to it. Almost lost an entire lifetime of hard work in just 3 days end of March, but thank GOD, I'm almost all recovered.
    Palmeriras/Gremio finals of Copa do Brasil.
    Let's hope Libertadores ends with an all Brasil final Santos/Palmeiras.
    I wish all of you futebol lovers a new year filled with much love, peace, happiness and good health.
    PRA FRENTE BRASIL !!!!

celito repped this.
  22. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Just hope this UK mutation doesn't fuk everything up. If it's resistant to the vaccine except prolonged pain given people are too damn selfish to act responsibly. I don't think we will be in the clear in 2021 regardless. Shouldn't be thinking about fans in stadiums for a good while. It will take a while to get enough people vaccinated. At least at that point it becomes personal responsibility that affects only yourself and not others.

I honestly feel more and more detached from NT football. Just no real special player to watch.

Copa do Brasil final will only be in Feb. Both SFs were pretty bad. Brazilian teams get a bit tight in these high pressure games. Pretty sad to see. Although I think the level in 2020 has come up a bit from past couple of seasons. The way Palmeiras are playing I don't think we can get past River unfortunately. I will be content with a Copa do Brasil title. Sao Paulo looks set to take the Brasileirao. That's the title I covet the most to be honest.

IVO ! repped this.
  23. IVO !

IVO ! Member

Feb 25, 2009
    RIO AND CHICAGO
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    How about Neymar as a special player for NT ? lol.
    I think the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines cover the new mutation. I am a bit more optimistic and looking for life to return to normal by 4th quarter 2021.
    I agree, both semi's Copa do Brasil were pretty boring. I also don't think Palmeiras will get by River. And yes, SP to take the title of Brasileirao, also my favorite.

24. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Always good to see Neymar when he is well ... but I really don't enjoy all the drama that comes with him.

Good to hear you're doing well. Just FYI ... it looks like this UK mutation is hitting young people and kids unlike the original and other smaller mutations. UK is reporting hospitals with a lot of kids experiencing more serious COVID symptoms. Stay safe.

1345006866829463552 is not a valid tweet id

25. IVO !

IVO ! Member

Feb 25, 2009
    RIO AND CHICAGO
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Nightmare this has been. Happy New Year.