Sega Sports or EA Sports?

Discussion in 'Video and Computer Games' started by Ted Cikowski, Oct 12, 2003.

1. Ted Cikowski

Ted Cikowski Red Card

May 31, 2000
    so who makes the best sports games? EA games used to be the best around but they've rested on thier laurels while Sega snuck up and has made the best sports games in my opinion.

Let's break it down:

American Football: Madden is slightly better than ESPN NFL 2k4 but only by a hair. Madden seems to be the only franchise that EA still takes seriously. Advantage: EA

Basketball: This isn't even close, Sega's NBA 2k series (ESPN NBA comes out this month) blows NBA live out of the water in terms of realism and playability. Advantage: Sega

Baseball: Again, not even close. The triple play series - now called MVP Baseball sucks while Sega World Series 2k3 was close to baseball perfection in my opinion. Advantage: Sega

Hockey: Another easy win for Sega as the NHL 2004 was decent but still to arcadey while ESPN NHL is much closer to real hockey. Advantage: Sega

Soccer: Ok Sega doesn't make a Soccer Sim yet but when they do it will awesome if Visual Concepts handles things. Advantage: EA

your thoughts?

2. JMMUSA8

JMMUSA8 New Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Webster
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    because of the last topic you mentioned, i have to say i like them both. Sega has a better NHL game, but EA has a sweet franchise mode in its games. Plus they have a rugby game.

3. DutchFootballRulez

Jul 15, 2003
    Baltimore, MD
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sega has a Better Basketball game, Football its a tie. Hockey. Sega was better in 2k2 and 2k3, but 2k4 hasn't improved as much as EA's hockey title.

However, EA wins Soccer + Rugby (by default) I wish Sega would join w/ Konami and publish WE w/ much more publicity.