Alert: Seeking suggestions for "Candidate Cities" clean-up

Discussion in 'MLS: Expansion' started by NashSC, Aug 9, 2018.

1. NashSC

NashSC Member+

Nashville SC
    United States
    Jan 3, 2018
    This expansion forum is currently very useless and could be a very popular section of MLS boards if it was organized properly. If it is going to be left in shambles like it is, then I suggest it be removed entirely.

P.S. Thanks for the info. The people that run the site may need to loosen their control and let the mods who are in here daily make some more decisions.

2. Sport Billy

Sport Billy Moderator
    Staff Member

May 25, 2006
    I have made the following suggestion

"Candidate Cities"
    Carolinas
    Detroit
    Las Vegas
    Phoenix

Sacramento
    San Diego
    St Louis
    Tampa

"Cities Confirmed For Expansion"
    Miami
    Nashville

Austin

3. NashSC

NashSC Member+

Nashville SC
    United States
    Jan 3, 2018
    #28 NashSC, Jan 26, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2019
    I think any cities that put an official bid in for the last round should probably be included in candidate cities. Even though it is unlikely, San Antonio submitted an official bid. 2 of the 12 are officially in.

12 official bids were:
    Charlotte
    Nashville
    Indianapolis
    Detroit
    Phoenix
    St. Louis
    Raleigh/Durham
    San Antonio
    Sacramento
    Cincinnati
    Tampa Bay
    San Diego

4. NashSC

NashSC Member+

Nashville SC
    United States
    Jan 3, 2018
    My guess is Nashville will start play in MLS before this forum gets updated.

5. AndyMead

AndyMead Homo Sapien

Nov 2, 1999
    Seat 12A
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    I'd do away with any/all candidate city subforums unless it's a precursor to an MLS team forum (and several of those already exist in the USL forum), or there's an unusual amount of daily traffic.

This isn't BigSoccer of 15 years ago. Most people have moved to Twitter or Reddit. Putting each individual topic in its own silo just makes the site even more sparse and vacant. Let most of the candidates have a thread. If there's not enough news/traffic to keep the thread on the top page, there certainly isn't enough for a dedicated sub-forum.

As for the "Carolinas" - both Raleigh and Charlotte have USL teams, and last I checked the traffic in those forums wasn't anything noteworthy, either.

6. Cavekicker

Cavekicker New Member

Fresno FC
    United States
    Feb 9, 2018
    Fresno, CA
    Indianapolis deserves a nod. It's getting play again. A link to its forum in the USL section would be sufficient.