Section 8 Pre- & Post-Game Party 10/04

Discussion in 'Chicago Fire' started by UltraCinek, Sep 25, 2003.

1. To celebrate our exit from Cardinal Stadium, I am organizing a little pre- and post-game party on October 4th.

I had flyers for people I wanted to invite at the Open Cup semifinal game but many of them did not show up or I did not catch after the game.

Therefore, even though I did not want to, I am posting this on BigSoccer.

Besides the people I managed to catch after the semifinal, I would like to invite Don from the Barn Burners; Iceblink; Arsonists (a.k.a. Rich) with all the Arsonists he can bring; chitowndoll (a.k.a. Abby), Andrew, Cameron, Flynn, Craig, the mysterious MikeDitkaStreetCrew and all the other MDSC types whose names or handles I cannot remember now (please advise them if you meet them); CFnwside (a.k.a. Filip) with his guys and gals (let know Mr. Szczecina, too); gwardia (bring Siwy, Krzysiek, Kowal and whoever else with you or tell them); pink flamingos ??? (a.k.a. Jacek or Jack); Hool with his ekipa; bunge; heybeerman; zlzfire (a.k.a. Zak); and Jason with his band (I guess he knows already). If I forgot about anybody, please remind me of yourself, and I will get you invited.

Here is the plan:

The party would start at 2 PM at my house (a.k.a. the little house on the prairie). If it rains then too bad, we will have to hide inside (I have a spacious garage if you take all the shit out). We would leave for the game around 6:30 PM (it is a 20 minute drive) and then return for more drinking (only those who still will be able to).

For those who think that I live so fucking far, this party and game will count as a road trip, OK? I will even give you a bumper sticker to commemorate this.

The menu will be geared toward the flashback to the memorable communist times in Poland when only bread with pork fat, pickles, sausage, and vodka were available. The meat choices, in addition to the already mentioned genuine Polish sausage (cooked or grilled, served with horseradish sauce or Polish style mustard, no fucking ketchup) will include pate (pork or game), and, depending on demand, blood sausage (kaszanka). I will consider serving sauerkraut with the sausage but I am afraid Section 8 might smell funny if I decide to do that.

You can drink all the vodka that I have at home but if you are not very fond of fire water (the official drink of Chicago Fire), it is suggested that you bring your own bubbles.

Let me know if you are coming; PM me to get the directions.

This little favor will be appreciated: I am in the need of lawn chairs--I will certainly not have enough of them. Lawn table(s) would be good, too. PM me if you can loan them to me/bring them with you.

I am expecting you all there.

Marcin

P.S.
    Aha, I will try to quietly collect a little money for the October 10th game at the party. It is absolutely no requirement to give anything to me though.

2. theburden

theburden Member

Jul 11, 2002
    MDSC head brewer
    I have a whole batch of cheese and potato pierogies and also pork and onion that I made recently. They are frozen they just need to be thawed and fried up in a pan.

I think we can also bring a bottle of spiritus.

3. theburden

theburden Member

Jul 11, 2002
    MDSC head brewer
    Another note. By that time the batch of Oktoberfest that I recently brewed should be ready. Let me know if you want 5 Gal of beer for the party.

p.s. Cam will be back in town so MDSC will be in full force.

4. Of course, Cam is invited, too. I included him in the list of the invited people. I am sure I am still missing many so please do not hesitate to remind me of yourselves.

Just like I mentioned before, you can bring beer for yourselves. If you (all) think, you can drink 5 gallons, you are very welcome to try it at my house (the bathroom will be closed though).

Beer, pork and pierogis don't really fit my desired menu composure but they can be used for those with more delicate stomachs. So the answer is yes but make sure you bring enough hungry mouths to cover for it and that it is tasty :) .

5. I just discovered that the mysterious MikeDitkaStreetCrew is no one other than Benny. This still tells me nothing though (I can't see your face!)

Since the little party has a potential to become a big party (I am inviting over 80 people!), make sure you are there.

If the following people think this might be an event they want to participate in, they better start shopping for their plane tickets: Jeff GMc, Mike Segroves and FireGirl8.

You should not worry about parking. My little house on the prairie has at least 20 parking spaces around it (and you can still park in front of neighbors' houses).

6. gofire2001

gofire2001 New Member

Apr 5, 2001
    Section 8 Chicago

I promise you will get money from me as soon as I get a paycheck.

7. HalaMadrid

HalaMadrid Member

Apr 9, 1999
    I will be there. I refuse to eat Pate, however.

Will this be a Roy Rogers-themed party?

8. Boy, you have the worst sense of humor of all. You should take some classes from bunge.

9. jjayg

jjayg New Member

May 9, 2002
    Rolling Ghettos, IL
    My travel team is playing at 1:30 in Elgin on the 4th. I hope that we can make it to your place by maybe 4 p.m. If we can't make it before we can definately come over after. Thanks Marcin.

10. WarrenWallace

WarrenWallace Member

Mar 12, 1999
    Beer and Cheese
    Hey Marcin, I hope that you received my PM. I should be there. A 50/50 chance for before the game but a definate for after the game.

11. Oh ye of little faith.

And yes, I am Benny, and yes, you have met me before Marcin. I'd be offended that you didn't remember me, but I don't remember much myself.

12. bunge

bunge BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 24, 2000
    Marcin, if you ask nicely I can polish my stand-up routine and get it ready for the party.

13. Sure, as long as you shut up HalaMadrid vel Liam, it does not even need to be polished. (Is this nice enough?)

14. HalaMadrid

HalaMadrid Member

Apr 9, 1999
    Ouch, man. I hope you don't forget to bring the shorts and knee socks back for the game on the 10th. :D

15. Benny,

I am sure we met. I am sure I remember your face. You know I remember your name. Problem is I cannot associate one with the other with 100% certainty. Regardless, I have great faith in you now.

Marcin

16. Man, this guy is hopeless.

If I collect enough money, I will have one pair of each for everybody.

17. HalaMadrid

HalaMadrid Member

Apr 9, 1999
    Don't you know it.

And we can sing your Korean song, too! ;)

18. modernpiracy

modernpiracy New Member

Jun 8, 2002
    chicago
    i can't freakin' wait! can we please do fireworks? it's plainfield. i've got a dozen texas pop rockets from the first kc trip!

19. Finally a guy with the right attitude. Sure we can do fireworks as long as we do them in Plainfield. Technically, I don't live in Plainfield but in the middle of [expletive of your choice] nowhere; however, my neighbor already does. You can do them in the street on one side of my property just before we leave for the game (so it is dark).

Wait, what do you mean, "It's Plainfield?"

Marcin

20. chitowndoll

chitowndoll New Member

Jun 8, 2002
    MDSC HQ: design dept.
    HOW EXCITING! i'll be there in full form.

21. Now, people, better start thinking about where to get these lawn chairs for me. No chairs - no party.

22. OK, another problem. I only have one bathroom so I am looking for a volunteer to "borrow" a couple of portable toilets from one of the many construction sites around.

Quick shuttle to the nearby Jewel on my crotch rocket is another possible resolution to the problem.

Marcin

P.S.
    If nobody wants to help, don't worry; my neck carries some weight for a reason.

23. gofire2001

gofire2001 New Member

Apr 5, 2001
    Section 8 Chicago
    Marcin, if I come I will bring some chairs.

24. I think I can dig up some sitting devices. And no, I don't mean Liam's Vibratron Party Chair. I've got the real things somewheres. The logistics of getting them to Plainfield, however, requires some serious thought. I'll put the boys at the lab on the task.

25. HalaMadrid

HalaMadrid Member

Apr 9, 1999
    Everyone loves the party chair.