Section 8 and YSA: One of These Must Go

Discussion in 'Chicago Fire' started by kebzach, Aug 26, 2002.

1. monop_poly

monop_poly Member

May 17, 2002
    Chicago
    YOU just insulted your mother ... :<)

2. goodgodyall

goodgodyall New Member

Aug 12, 2002
    Chicago
    YSA chant

Section 8 is in the General Admission area of the stadium. I prefer that area to the other bleachers for a number of reasons. One of them is that the sun is at your back in the south bleachers. At sundown it is aggravating to watch the game while looking into the sun from the north bleachers.

I'll have my kid and his friends with me at the next game. While I don't mind the YSA cheer, I worry about the friends going home and telling their parents. It's not the "suck" word that is offensive to many but the "a******" word. That YSA cheer is the only drawback to sitting in that area.

Your best idea is to change the cheer to "You suck, (goalie's name)". I think that is getting close to the edge without going over.

Other than that, the section 8 crowd is high energy that you don't get at most professional sporting events in this area. I would rather the kids went home and told their parents about all the chanting and shouting they did (and, admittedly the wave-ing) they with the Barnburners.

One more comment, could you do a chant that would get the families cheering? You used to yell "orange section only" and "yellow section only". I wonder if you could get a cheer off with "kids only" and "adults/parents only". It might get the other parts of the stadium cheering. Just a thought.

I went to my first soccer game ever several years ago at Soldier Field and it was the rowdiness in Section 8 that made the game eventful. You can give yourselves credit for this paying customer for being an avid Chicago Fire fan. I've attended nearly half the games ever since.

3. Fanaddict

Fanaddict Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    streamwood IL USA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: YSA chant

I believe you have this mixed up. Section 8 is on the north side of the stadium and the sun is on the backside of people sitting on the north bleachers not the south. Your premise about not having to look into the sun from section 8 is correct however.

4. CFnwside

CFnwside Member+

Jan 25, 2001
    Humboldt Park

?!

5. NotAbbott

NotAbbott Member

Oct 11, 1999
    My Own Little World

It would kind of tough. Maybe "just the kids" to the rhythm of "yellow seats." I dunno. Certainly worth a try, though.

Later,
    COZ

6. FireGire8

FireGire8 New Member

As far as the YSA chant goes, I only really used it at the Kansas City game. I don't think it's that much of a problem. I even heard parents shouting it next to their kids. And as a side note....I just came from Naperville to Los Angeles for college and I absolutly miss all of you from Section 8. Let me know what's up! I'll be watching the LA game on the 7th from my dorm!

7. FireGire8

FireGire8 New Member

My high school once told us we couldn't say anything negative about the other team". This is a HS in Naperville. So we came up with calling the other team "average". I think that would confuse him more.

8. mactheknife

mactheknife New Member

Aug 2, 2002
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    what high school in naperville?

9. Bethany

Bethany New Member

Sep 3, 2002
    The HS

Neuqua

10. GoHawks4

GoHawks4 Member

Apr 24, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's hillarious! Calling the other team average. :D Actually me and my friends are going to the JV football game to cheer against our school because the team is a bunch of dicks.

11. mactheknife

mactheknife New Member

Aug 2, 2002
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    i would do that, but since all the football players run track in the spring (as do i) i'd get an ass-whooping.

12. Hard Karl

Hard Karl New Member

Sep 3, 2002
    WB05 Compound
    ...with hilarious consequences.

I've lived in Naperville for like 10 years or something. Basically, if you are young, you cannot win against the soccer moms and company. As long as they keep writing letters to the editor in the Naperville Sun, we'll only be making things worse by continuing with the YSA. I think giving the YSA a rest until we're back in the newer, uglier Soldier Field in 2004 would be prudent.

rock out,
    -Karl

13. Sweeper

Sweeper New Member

Feb 11, 1999
    How long have you been using the chant???

14. DeGregorus

DeGregorus Member

Oct 24, 1999
    Seis Esquinas
    Hmm, let's see:
    (poco a poco crecendo)
    OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO YOU'RE SO AVERAGE!!!!!!!!

Man, that would confuse everybody.

15. jayblam

jayblam New Member

Sep 22, 2000
    Section 8
    YSA 9/7

YSA seemed totally dead on Saturday. Marcin did a good job keeping the singing going right through/over/on top of the people trying to start YSA.

The 'kill kill kill' chants that were coming from the top of Sec.8 are quite possibly the stupidest thing I've ever heard at a sporting event. Whats the point? Why did it seem that the people who were really into 'kill' looked like they were made of suet?

jay

16. skinut

skinut Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2000
    Castle Pines, CO (or often elsewhere on earth)
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I know it defeats the purpose of this thread, but I've been conditioned.

I was watching Monday Night Football last night (yes - US Gridiron style) and everytime there was a kickoff, I found myself wanting to build up to YSA.

Old habits die hard.

17. HalaMadrid

HalaMadrid Member

Apr 9, 1999
    Re: YSA 9/7

You've got to be kidding me. Excuse me sir, have you ever heard of just having fun?

18. Bethany

Bethany New Member

Sep 3, 2002
    Kill! Kill! Kill! That's great! hahaha!

19. HalaMadrid

HalaMadrid Member

Apr 9, 1999
    Not to mention the "Let's Kill Lalas, Let's Kill *clap clap*" chant we had going ;)

20. mactheknife

mactheknife New Member

Aug 2, 2002
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Re: YSA 9/7

obviously looking nowhere near my direction...

i loved the "kill kill kill" stuff. just something different.

21. jjayg

jjayg New Member

May 9, 2002
    Rolling Ghettos, IL
    That was a good one. I enjoyed it thoroughly.
    :)

22. GoFireGo

GoFireGo New Member

Apr 25, 2002
    Chicago
    Lalas has to be one of the easiest players to hate

23. Bethany

Bethany New Member

Sep 3, 2002
    Nah, I think Meola wins that award

24. quarterUltra

quarterUltra Member

Sep 10, 2000
    Stillwater, OK
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A good reason to stop YSA

The V-Army or what little there was of them was heard doing it at the USOC semi.

We are better than they are.

25. jayblam

jayblam New Member

Sep 22, 2000
    Section 8
    Re: Re: YSA 9/7

Supporting my team and cheering for them is fun.

If you have fun by chanting 'kill kill kill' and then giggling about it like a little girl, who am I to stop you?

I'll tell you its stupid, that it doesn't help the team and doesn't get the rest of Section8 or Cardinal Stadium energized, but why or how could I stop you?

Its as trite (extremely) and unoriginal (extremely) as "lalas, get a haircut" - as a supporters group with some sort of rep, don't you think that you should try aiming a little higher? Or even a little lower?

And yes Liam, when I said suet you were top of the list.

jay