second star club at toyota park

Discussion in 'Chicago Fire' started by Fanaddict, Mar 7, 2012.

1. chiladd

chiladd Member+

Mar 21, 1999
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
  2. The Devil's Architect

Feb 10, 2000
    The American Steppe
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Will it have handjobs

3. Fanaddict

Fanaddict Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    streamwood IL USA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    For the prices the're charging up to $6,000 a person they should.

4. DLee

DLee Member

Apr 24, 2006
    Chicago
    Should have been included when the original stadium designs were drafted, as an incentive for Club Seat members. Step in the right direction stadium-wise, but pretty vague on how it works.

If the $6,500 includes match tickets, it comes out to about $100/game which is sure to have some corporate takers. Aren't club seats something like $60/each (which include no food/drinks and a view of the parking lot)?

5. snkscore

snkscore Member+

Jun 24, 2007
    La Grange, IL
    Exactly. The existing "club" sucks. This is how it should have been done from day 1.

6. Fanaddict

Fanaddict Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    streamwood IL USA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes I agree. I love the sight lines of TP but they made a few mistakes especially regarding the club not having a view of the field,and on the east side you have to walk up 3 flights go outside then walk down 1 flight of stairs to reach top of the seats.I know cost came into play but they should have built a roof completely surrounding all seats.

7. cweimers

cweimers Member+

Mar 5, 2010
    DC
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wish...

8. radmonkey

radmonkey Member

Oct 27, 2007
    So is this going to replace the current club or will it be built above it?

9. Es Brennt

Es Brennt Member+

Feb 25, 2003
    Shermer, Illinois
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    It's upstairs from current club and looks over the field. They removed the suites in the center to install it.

The often labelled "cheapskate" owner sprung for it.

....now if we can get him to finish installing the roof panels, I'd bet a few thousand people would really appreciate it on rainy days.:D

10. milicz

milicz Member+

Dec 2, 2001
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    Alright, I gotta see some games from this place.

11. xtomx

xtomx Member+

Chicago Fire
    Sep 6, 2001
    Northern Wisconsin, but not far from civilization
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Well, the press release does say "all-inclusive".

If this club brings more interest to the Fire, great. My concern is that many of "luxury" boxes sit empty most of the time, so I am not sure if the need is there. They should let regular fans sit up there in inclement weather.

I would like to see them finish off and enclose the North End.

Finally, I would prefer if the Fire earn a second star, rather than have a club called the second star.

12. Chris M.

Chris M. Member+

Jan 18, 2002
    Chicago
    Yawn.

Wake me when he builds a club for Section 8 season ticket holders like KC did for the Cauldron. THAT would prove his uncheapskatedness.

This is an investment that he expects big returns on.

13. milicz

milicz Member+

Dec 2, 2001
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    The luxury boxes suck ass, this will be the Fire's version of the Harris Club at the UC and the PNC Club at Wrigley, it will be a great way to catch a game.

14. Es Brennt

Es Brennt Member+

Feb 25, 2003
    Shermer, Illinois
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    No thanks. The supporters sections are for standing and providing audible and visual support, not lounging and mingling. The North Lot works just fine for that. Would love a roof though.

Sure, but I'd be concerned if the owner was dropping millions with no plan to recoup. This seems to me an investment in the Club's future, and that's great. Like the civic history themed name for it too.

15. Krasny

Krasny Member

Jan 26, 2002
    Chicago West Side
    I agree but we should have a bar/pub (like Charleston) that the stadium was supposed to have originally until Guppy axed it

Absolutely

16. dlm_Fire

dlm_Fire Member

Aug 16, 2002
    Chicago
    I couldn't see myself ever popping the $6,500 for that. First off, it (like the skyboxes) is on the *wrong* side of the field. I love my comparatively cheap-ass seats on the half line where I never stare into the sun.

That said, if there ends up being space available and there are *individual* games available, I could see me doing that maybe once a year.

However, I still think they're missing a trick. I think that whole platform above the skyboxes should be built up and turned into "the club" overlooking the field with a bar and the *STILL MISSING* automatic shakers.

17. snkscore

snkscore Member+

Jun 24, 2007
    La Grange, IL
    The Trib reported that it was 6500 *per year* for a 3 year contract, so that would make it more like $300/game. Could that be right, or is that just bad reporting by the Trib?

18. Fanaddict

Fanaddict Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    streamwood IL USA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    For current season ticket holders it was less,$6,000 if you wanted a seat in the sky box and keep your old club seat.They had club season ticketholders in about a month ago and showed us drawings and the under construction second star club.They had different prices depending on whether you wanted to keep your outside club seat or not.I believe it includes all food and drinks.They asked us not to say anything so I waited until they officially announced it.

19. DLee

DLee Member

Apr 24, 2006
    Chicago
    That would be truly hilarious. I believe Bulls/Hawks Harris Club tickets are under $200 each face value.

20. goldclover

goldclover Member+

Mar 25, 2010
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    'Exactly! I hate that side because of the sun and will always keep my seats central on opposite side'

21. Sparky98

Sparky98 Member

Jun 8, 2007
    Just to throw some more info out there, it also includes ALL events at the stadium, including concerts (whereas HC only gives you the right to purchase other events - are they all you can eat?). Anybody have any idea on average how many non-Fire events are held there? Jimmy Buffett and the Crossroads thing come to mind, anything else?

22. firefan2001

firefan2001 Member+

Dec 27, 2000
    Oswego, Illinois
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    B96 Bash

Dave Matthews

Chicago Redstars

23. I PINCH!

I PINCH! Member

Apr 3, 2006
    Chicago IL
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He has owned the team for three years and this is his first major investment in the club since buying the team itself.. So yeah he is a cheapskate.

When we get a large name player a city like Chicago deserves then I'll change my view of him.

24. SixKick

SixKick Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 13, 2000
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Castillo and Ljundberg were about 3 million worth of investment. Just because it didn't work out doesn't change that the money was spent.