Second Semester in Huracan

Discussion in 'Boca Juniors' started by bosterosoy, May 27, 2008.

1. bosterosoy

bosterosoy New Member

Jan 22, 2007
    In a House
    Because of the remodeling of la Bombonera (adding 7k seats), Boca will be unable to use their home stadium for the second semester of this year (Apertura '08, Sudamericana '08 and Recopa Sudamericana).

Instead, they will be using Huracan's stadium. The other options (Racing and San Lorenzo) were discarded. Racing was impossible because it's already being used by Independiente as well as Racing, and many fans didn't like San Lorenzo's stadium either.

Hopefully it won't be too much of a detriment not being able to play in the best stadium in the world.

http://b-o-c-a.blogspot.com

2. Andrés_

Andrés_ Member

Nov 16, 2007
    Argentina.
    Club:
    CA Independiente
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Weird choice seeing as Huracán is actually fixing their stadium and it's unknown when it will be finished, or is it known already?:confused:

3. NYC_COSMOS

NYC_COSMOS BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 13, 2007
    Queens, NY
    Club:
    CA Vélez Sársfield
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I'm wondering where these 7k seats will be added? Does anyone have links to pics?

4. bosterosoy

bosterosoy New Member

Jan 22, 2007
    In a House
    hmm, idk that. I guess it must be known and will be done by August

NYC_Cosmos, i think it's going to be added between either in la tercera bandeja or between the plateas where there are some gaps, not 100% sure though

5. vipnerd

vipnerd Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2003
    La Mitad + Román

It is in the corners where the palco's and the populares meet. It would finish "surrounding" those corners.

[​IMG]

6. bosterosoy

bosterosoy New Member

Jan 22, 2007
    In a House
    lol that didn't work vipnerd :p

7. Andrés_

Andrés_ Member

Nov 16, 2007
    Argentina.
    Club:
    CA Independiente
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Apparently the idea of Boca playing at the Duco is over... The stadium is not ready yet and could take some more months before it's open, what's known for now is that Boca would play the Recopa match at La Bombonera, it was believed that both legs would be played at Racing. Now where will Boca play? Well Vélez was the first choice but it seems to be complicated because Vélez stadium will be busy with non-football related events, Racing discarded since for 5-6 more months it'll be shared by Racing and Independiente, La Plata? It's complicated too. It seems there will be talks with Savino to play at San Lorenzo's. Also it seems that Boca would play their home matches of the Sudamericana at the José María Minella stadium in Mar Del Plata.

Although it doesn't affect just Boca i guess it's worth mentioning. When the 2008/09 season starts, all the stadiums of the city Buenos Aires must be seated. It's unknown yet if this will be applied in the provinces but at least on Buenos Aires it will.

8. bosterosoy

bosterosoy New Member

Jan 22, 2007
    In a House
    They've been saying that for awhile, it'll be interesting to see if it will finally be implemented. Either way, it's the STUPIDEST rule EVER

9. Andrés_

Andrés_ Member

Nov 16, 2007
    Argentina.
    Club:
    CA Independiente
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Pretty much, because you could say.
    -Well this will prevent oversale, since every ticket will have a specific location from now on. Oversale could still happen, this alone doesn't prevent it.
    -Violence in stadiums will decrease. That there are seats doesn't mean the violence will decrease, if violent people aren't banned from stadiums, if everybody is n't properly checked at the gates, if the police doesn't take the proper action to prevent violence, then nothing will change.

In theory that thing that didn't last long of reducing visitors a 50% on non-seated stands was a way to enforce the unavoidable fate of full seating. Interesting to point that apparently Argentina is behind 10 years on this issue.

10. bosterosoy

bosterosoy New Member

Jan 22, 2007
    In a House
    the part in bold is pretty much the #1 reason why it won't make the stadium safer.
    Another point, this isn't like England's EPL/USA's MLS/Spain's La Liga etc etc. You are not going to get everyone to sit down, no way, no how. And hopefully people won't be pushing down like they do when teams score a goal because with seats in the way it is a catastrophe waiting to happen

11. Andrés_

Andrés_ Member

Nov 16, 2007
    Argentina.
    Club:
    CA Independiente
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Even in those places not everybody is sat down all the time, well i don't think a bunch of guys can force some thousands to sit down, and as far as i know you aren't forced to although it's reccomended, also besides England, i believe that in the majority of other european countries most of the stadiums aren't full seated, some even add seats only for international or cup matches, for example in Germany, Italy and France.

12. Bispham Seasider

Bispham Seasider New Member

Aug 11, 2007
    Bispham
    Club:
    Blackpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I believe that in Germnay they have small terracing areas at stadiums now. Also here in England there have long been calls for the return of small "safe" terraces. In the Premier League it is all seating and most of the Championship is too. Cardiff City have terracing but they are apparently getting a new stadium.

In League One and League Two a number of clubs have terracing.

There is a fans group set up calling for small terraces. At many grounds fans are virtually forced to sit, however at quite a few grounds so many fans stand up anyway that they just have to let them. My hometown club Blackpool, they make the home fans sit for the most part, but away fans in the East stand just tend to be left to stand the whole game.