Sec. 8 Entrance Security Policy

Discussion in 'Chicago Fire' started by kornkid15, Apr 19, 2007.

1. kornkid15

kornkid15 Member

Mar 16, 2007
    chi-city
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    So i got an email telling me all Section 8ers are gonna get pat down before each game. Entrance will be thru gate C. I know it was bound to happen but what do y'all think?

2. jjayg

jjayg New Member

May 9, 2002
    Rolling Ghettos, IL
    Re: It was bound to happen...

I think it's fine. If you got nothing to hide then you got no problems.

3. Krasny

Krasny Member

Jan 26, 2002
    Chicago West Side
    Section 8 patdowns by security?

according to some people on other board there will be patdowns now by stadium security but ONLY for people with 118 ticket.

Um, isn'tt his illegal? (for one) and two, won't people just buy tickets in other sections? this could have detrimental effect on fan support.

people are already writing letters to the stadium and club. =

4. Super Sting

Super Sting Member

Jan 27, 2006

My question would be why. To stop the one or two smoke bombs that go off?

Is this only for section 8? If so then it doesn't affect me.

5. jjayg

jjayg New Member

May 9, 2002
    Rolling Ghettos, IL

The notice was sent out to sec 8 season ticket holders.

6. genpabloescobar

Feb 17, 2002
    Re: Section 8 patdowns by security?

Private property...they reserve the right to employ whatever security measures they desire. No different than a bouncer checking one group of people's ID's and not another's.

Like it's said in the other posts, either don't bring in contraband, or buy tickets to another section and move over.

7. kornkid15

kornkid15 Member

Mar 16, 2007
    chi-city
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Yup. I mean, I didn't see who the people were but i was in the front rows but we had people come to the front. Drop the bomb and then walk away. I don't mind smoke bombs or anything going off as long as its allowed by the FO. That being said, it's not so my only problem is that I'm gonna get pat down now. Not that I have anything to hide but it'll just be a bit more of a hassle.

8. Krasny

Krasny Member

Jan 26, 2002
    Chicago West Side

but shouldn't they just pat down everyone then? this plan has more holes than swiss cheese!

it is awful easy to get around and treats the fans the club promotes as 'best' as criminals! if there is delay in patdowns most fans won't get into the stadium well into first half!

9. SixKick

SixKick Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 13, 2000
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Great, we're getting Metro'ed up the ass.

10. genpabloescobar

Feb 17, 2002

I don't want to come off like a jerk here, but some of these fans *are* criminals. They may be misdemeanor crimes, and you may disagree with the rules, but that doesn't change the fact that there is a subset of people, however small it is, who are either breaking the law or stadium rules, or both. I realize smuggling in smoke bombs pales in comparison to say what happened in Blacksburg this week, but if someone commits a crime, no matter how minute, they can be considered a criminal.

As for the patdowns delaying things, here I think you're blowing things way out of proportion. I've been to plenty of concerts and sporting events where everyone was patted down, and it adds another 7 seconds per person. We're not talking about airport security with the wand...we're talking about a quick patdown....if the delay is that much of a concern, head into the stadium five minutes earlier...you'll be fine.

Lemme just say that in principle, I agree with you, that patdowns are worthless and don't (and won't) actually accomplish anything. But the unstated overtones in this thread seem to signify that the Fire had no good reason to do this and that they're picking on Section 8, when there are countless threads in here devoted to issues with pyro, profanity, smuggled beer/liquor...I guess from my perspective, I'm surprised it took this long before they started doing it.

11. Khan

Khan Member+

Mar 16, 2000
    On the road

I thought TP was publickly-owned(sp.) by the village of Bridgeview, no?

So can they still do this? Wouldn't they have to pat down everybody, since this is a public facility, and not discriminate?

12. Fanaddict

Fanaddict Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    streamwood IL USA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Pat downs? They should strip and cavity search you guys. Wait some of you might enjoy the cavity searches too much.

JUST KIDDING

13. catalangirl

catalangirl Red Card

Sep 14, 2006
    Chicago/Stiges

I am sure I will receive nasty messages from the mods for bringing up politics again, but........................this is the type of attitude that has led to the Patriot Act and the rapid dissintegration of the Bill of Rights. "I've got nothing to hide, so go ahead and violate my personal rights".

Personally, I believe this new policy is a slap in the face to ALL Fire fans.

14. DrBobC

DrBobC Member

Feb 28, 2004
    Burton upon Trent
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A letter will do no good. Boycott?

15. catalangirl

catalangirl Red Card

Sep 14, 2006
    Chicago/Stiges
    May sound ridiculous, but cavity searches could be coming in the near future. First pat downs, then your girlfriend/sister/mother gets groped by some pervert from Monterry, then take off your shoes, then manditory presentation of ID (to check and see if you are on the "no-watch list", and then cavity searches before they put you in Section 8 surrounded by razor wire.

16. Chitownfirefan

Chitownfirefan New Member

Apr 13, 2007

This isn't public property and it is most certainly not a Bill of Rights issue!

If you were walking down the street and being randomly patted down, that would be a Bill of Rights issue. If you have that much of a problem with it, don't go to the games.

Some people just honestly don't get it

17. IlliniOnFire

IlliniOnFire Hostile AND Abusive

Oct 8, 2006
    Southern Illinois

true... its private property, and there is a real problem (at least in their eyes) with people bringing in smoke bombs (and I'm sure alcohol has a lot to do with it too)

My question is this... who in S8 is gonna start sneaking smoke bombs and flasks into TP in a manner which would prompt the need for cavity searches?:eek:

18. Pablo Chicago

Pablo Chicago Member+

Sep 7, 2005
    Sweet Home Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sounds like everyone's got something to hide, except for me and my monkey.

Contrary to popular belief, the preceding line was taken from a Beatles tune, and should in no way be construed as having anything to do with Michael Jackson.

19. Gunners11

Gunners11 Member

Jul 22, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Kinda stupid, but like some others have said, I don't have anything to hide. Personally I'd like to be able to use smoke bombs and such but obviously that isn't going to happen, I think it sux that they have to resort to pat downs.

20. jjayg

jjayg New Member

May 9, 2002
    Rolling Ghettos, IL

I'm not happy about the policy but it's their stadium. If they want to act like chumps it's their perogative to do something. It's their property. If someone comes into my home I have the right to search them or not let them enter. Now I'd be a total ass to search people I am supposed to care about who come to my home but it would be within my rights.
    It's a dumb plan, it will accomplish nothing other then bad PR and it makes little sense. But like I said, i don't have a problem with it. I'm not bringing in something i'm not supposed to so they will pat me down and I'll go watch the game. Don't really care.

21. The Magpie

The Magpie Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Cambridge, MA
    That would seem to be a case of "cutting off the nose to spite the face," at least if by 'boycott' you mean not attending matches.

22. westsidepunk

westsidepunk Member

May 31, 2003
    Tucson, AZ

Is the stadium considered Private Property, or property of the City of Bridgeview? And if the property of the city, do Private entitites who use it have to follow the same rules as the city would?

Regardless, those who say that the fans who have nothing to hide have nothing to worry about are probably right.

23. Gunners11

Gunners11 Member

Jul 22, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    Club:
    Arsenal FC

Well said Jay. It sux, but it's their perogitive. I would guess that as the summer goes on they will become less and less stringent on this anyways.

24. catalangirl

catalangirl Red Card

Sep 14, 2006
    Chicago/Stiges

Sorry, I forgot everything is privatized in America...........soon parks and schools even. No problem, we can all live in our own little private bunkers with our own security firms to pat down our friends and family before they visit. Until they want to build a Wal-Mart on your "private" property - then you have a week to evacuate for the "common good" of the community.
    Long Live Private Property!

25. genpabloescobar

Feb 17, 2002

I believe you're correct, but AEG's leasing and operating of the facility makes it AEG's call.

I may be wrong...I got my legal degree from Hollywood Upstairs Law School and I haven't read the contract, but that's just my impression.